Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales vs England team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

That team would struggle against our starting XV against Edinburgh last weekend - for the record....

Scarlets: Johnny McNicholl; Steff Evans, Joe Roberts, Ioan Nicholas, Ryan Conbeer; Sam Costelow, Gareth Davies; Kemsley Mathias, Shaun Evans, Sam Wainwright, Morgan Jones, Sam Lousi, Vaea Fifita, Dan Davis, Sione Kalamafoni 

I think you make a very good point Rob. That team putting in a performance of defensive speed, discipline and attacking flair as they did last Saturday would make that Welsh team look a little pedestrian & understandably under prepared. It would also probably win the battle of the breakdown with Shaun, Dan & Wainwright strong in that area and Louisi just being an absolute bloody nuisance. 
i think we are getting a bit over excited here lads davis and shaun would likely get blown away at test level. Lets not forget the outing we had off the ospreys pack xmas time

For sure RR we are getting exciteable - we are Scarlets fans!!!!! Dan Davis, over the past month has been playing as well as any Welsh 7. He took on and passed the tests against a big Bulls back row and a test performer in Hamish Watson. Shaun Evans is an absolute mongrel who never knows when he is beaten & is the best hooker we have at the breakdown. Wainwright is starting to benefit from gametime & good coaching & is a far better tight head than when he was capped by Pivac. He already offers more round the field than Francis. One of the key elements behind our improvement has been the recognition that Fifita should be nowhere near the 2nd row until perhaps the final 20 minutes with the reult that our front 5 are far more solid.
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 9:50am

That team would struggle against our starting XV against Edinburgh last weekend - for the record....

Scarlets: Johnny McNicholl; Steff Evans, Joe Roberts, Ioan Nicholas, Ryan Conbeer; Sam Costelow, Gareth Davies; Kemsley Mathias, Shaun Evans, Sam Wainwright, Morgan Jones, Sam Lousi, Vaea Fifita, Dan Davis, Sione Kalamafoni 

I think you make a very good point Rob. That team putting in a performance of defensive speed, discipline and attacking flair as they did last Saturday would make that Welsh team look a little pedestrian & understandably under prepared. It would also probably win the battle of the breakdown with Shaun, Dan & Wainwright strong in that area and Louisi just being an absolute bloody nuisance. 
i think we are getting a bit over excited here lads davis and shaun would likely get blown away at test level. Lets not forget the outing we had off the ospreys pack xmas time
Aye, 7 Scarlets forwards versus 8 Ospreys for most of the game there  RR. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 2:41pm

Ah didn't happen...no outing, no clouting , no shouting ....be nice to play them again with 15 players and Sam L playing .....getting over excited about that lot over the bridge is a non event.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 3:02pm
The selction is a right mess, honestly it feels like he just picked the players names out of a bag....Theres no pattern no rhyme and reason ....Hes not even using the 6 nations to further develop our new stars like the second rows, jack morgan (hes been messed around like crazy) and failed to pick the form half backs....did he not notice owen williams had an absolute shocker in his irish cameo?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 3:33pm
Like most half backs, plays well behind a dominant pack, hence his form for the Ospreys and back in the day, Leicester.  Don't  think Wales pack will dominate anyone we've got left to play so it will be back to Biggar next game.
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Ah didn't happen...no outing, no clouting , no shouting ....be nice to play them again with 15 players and Sam L playing .....getting over excited about that lot over the bridge is a non event.

sadly they battered us there with 15 last year as well 
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 4:12pm

I see that Watson earned a Scottish recall on the basis of only coming second best to Dan Davis.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Like most half backs, plays well behind a dominant pack, hence his form for the Ospreys and back in the day, Leicester.  Don't  think Wales pack will dominate anyone we've got left to play so it will be back to Biggar next game.

Hes not in the same league as patchell as an attacking threat....No threat at 10 changes a side completely and makes us easy to defend against....he will play to orders and a fly half should never simply play to orders
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 9:17pm
What a load of bollox again ..you truly are the head of talking rubbish 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Please point me & other interested parties in the direction of the post that prompted you to reply.

Hope it wasn’t the, sorry your, glorious leader in NK

Edited by Eastern outpost - 24 February 2023 at 9:31pm
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 10:43pm

sadly they battered us there with 15 last year as well 

Just cos your RR and definitely as reliable and powerful as a Rolls Royce V12 Merlin...im not going to bite back ...

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 10:59pm

Yes I owe Roy an apology , it was a miss read statement by my self ....
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 11:10pm

Yes I owe Roy an apology , it was a miss read statement by my self ....
Posting for an inadvertent acquaintance but most honoured of course, yawn 🥱 

How has my emissary of Asian perfection become such a western sympathiser and values adopter and how does the collective wisdom of this weird collective of oval balled worshippers think HIS SUPREME WONDERFULNESS should react?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 11:38pm
Feel for Ken Owens atm. Just watching his interview on the news. Looks worn out. To be made Welsh captain only to have to deal with all this stuff. Can't be easy.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2023 at 6:44am
I share everyone's concerns about the haphazardness of the selection which is made even more so by the absence of Tipuric yesterday from the captain's run explained as managing his load. Jac Morgan stepped up so talk of him being injured may be off the mark. 

Despite all that I have an eerie confidence that this is not going to be as foregone as the first two games. Partly because England themselves are a bit all over the place selection wise and partly because events of the past two weeks will have galvanised this squad - us against everybody mentality. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2023 at 11:37am
Any predictions on scores?

I'm going with 15 - 30.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic