Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales vs England team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Totally agree , no apologie needed and your effort in typing in English is way better than most on here , 
But let's leave ladram EO that reesy exile and gpr out of it Wink
We’ve got you surrounded Big smile

Hope there’s a secret exit out of that cave. Can i rely on Ladram’s directions to get me there?
Steve i wouldn't go alone but don't make my mistake and go to the 4 th cave on the left as it's the 3rd cave on the right and spare a thought for the saintly Val .
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

“Warren, do you see any parallels between your results since returning to Wales and those when you were back in NZ in charge of the Chiefs?”

“Didn’t the Chiefs go from table toppers to bottom of the competition under your watch?”

Questions questions…….

Fair point EO. Chiefs continue to impress without Gats beating the champions Crusaders away on Friday comfortably. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 8:12am
Pretty brain dead rugby from Wales. Mindless box kicking, hammered at the breakdown with no clue how to attack the space or indeed create the overlap. Lost for words.....
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 8:21am
It used to break my heart to lose to England the only tear shed yesterday was for the way professional international players can't think for themselves.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 9:19am
Same feelings from myself added to ladram owning me , a pretty bad day all round
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 9:22am
Clueless, totally clueless. 1st time in my life i didnt swear at the tv during a game, only because you coyld see what waa happening 5 mins before we did it. Kick, kick kick. No creativity, no expansiveness no leadership. Ken is not a captain. A good captain would have given tomos w a slap after 5mins because he couldnt see what he was doing wasnt working.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Clueless, totally clueless. 1st time in my life i didnt swear at the tv during a game, only because you coyld see what waa happening 5 mins before we did it. Kick, kick kick. No creativity, no expansiveness no leadership. Ken is not a captain. A good captain would have given tomos w a slap after 5mins because he couldnt see what he was doing wasnt working.
Tomos Williams received a few from me.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 9:52am
Now that Ball and Hill are available, they should be called up to replace Beard and AWJ
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 9:52am
I have never been a fan of Tomos but even his club coach can see he is struggling so should be withdrawn from the firing line. Gatland talks of mixing youth with experience but he needs to start identifying his starting 23 for the first game of France 2023 in September & stick with it. Jac Morgan has to start at 7; Dafydd at 4 & if he is not going to go outside the squad Hardy & Patchell brought in. Personally I would like to see Cawdor & Patch starting with Blacker & Costelow on the bench.

Josh Adams is another whose form has fallen off a cliff.
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 10:31am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I have never been a fan of Tomos but even his club coach can see he is struggling so should be withdrawn from the firing line. Gatland talks of mixing youth with experience but he needs to start identifying his starting 23 for the first game of France 2023 in September & stick with it. Jac Morgan has to start at 7; Dafydd at 4 & if he is not going to go outside the squad Hardy & Patchell brought in. Personally I would like to see Cawdor & Patch starting with Blacker & Costelow on the bench.

Totally agree. Anyone with sense, could see high kick not working, like wise the slow delivery and the even slower delivery from Tomos. Players  should have seen it themselves, but the coaching team should have got messages down to pitch and even winged Tomos off sooner.
He may have inherited a "poisoned chalice", but nothing has improved under Gatland, in fact, we are worse.
He's had his time, and we are thankful for that .
If Ball and Hill came back, it would help enormously, now 60 cap rule gone, BUT are they playing regular competitive rugby ,week in week out, to then make the step to international ?
Hopefully Rowlands will be fit for WC together wih  lake and Parry, because I don't think Ken, AWJ, or Tipuric will be in the frame.

Next two game we have to think ahead , as this tournament is done
I stood yer on tanner bank
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 10:34am
Adam Beard pointed very well yesterday, best pointer Wales have ever had
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 10:58am
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

I'm no fan of Beard but yesterday I thought he was one of Wales better players.  I know the bar was pretty low but he was still functioning after 80 minutes.  
Keep the faith
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 10:59am
Doesn't Adam Beard look like Hagridd younger brother in harry potter
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

I'm no fan of Beard but yesterday I thought he was one of Wales better players.  I know the bar was pretty low but he was still functioning after 80 minutes.  

The problem was, he did nothing for the previous 79mins.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 11:04am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Apart from a few crisp passes Hardy hardly covered himself in glory.
Lincscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 11:30am
Having slept on it, I will say there was 2 positives- discipline was better (no cards and less pens) and the team no longer looks like a bunch of headless chickens, plus the defence really ain’t that bad (individual errors aside)

But that’s pretty much it. How beard etc still get picked I don’t know, tomos did nothing the 2 previous games and proved again he’s no longer international standard. Why it took so long to change half backs I have no idea. Individual errors compounded individual errors, we kept throwing to the back in their 22 despite it not working against Ireland or Scotland. Our attack is abject, the players have no imagination, and the coaches can’t see that persisting with aimless incontestable kicks to steward was suicide. 

I originally thought gats as a stop gap would bring some short term impetus but he’s offering nothing, pivacs team were worse in defence but more inventive in attack. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic