Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blackett to Edinburgh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

https://www.rugby-addict.com/en/article/home/i-ve-found-myself-bored-at-times-going-from-head-coach-to-assistant-lee-blackett/63fb2bafd015cfd0b0032e22

Nice article. 2 things stood out, one that he is travelling so far each day/week. I travel over a 1000 a week and its a killer. Luckily though I have a company vehicle so I was surprised Lee doesnt also have one. Running my own car for that mileage in the current climate would make me think about somewhere else anyway.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 1:23pm
Sounds like a top guy and a cracking coach. Been great to have him but I'd be very surprised if he stayed
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 2:07pm
Would be staggered if he didn't leave us at the end of the season.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 2:18pm
Edinburgh coach (Blair) is leaving at the end of the season, so the stars seem to be aligning.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 2:26pm

Recent interview with Lee.
Great interview, thanks for sharing. He’s earned my respect and I totally understand him leaving for a head coach spot if he gets one. Hopefully what he’s shared with the players and staff makes a lasting impression, there is not doubt in my mind he’s been a key force to help turn the season around.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 3:05pm
It leaves us in a mess again , we are losing 2 coaches and gawd knows how many players and we are wishing him the best ...I say bollocks , if we want to be a top side we can't afford to lose people like this ....people have short memories , b4 this guy arrived we couldn't buy a win , now we are loosing him and Frank's , I'm not full of confidence for the future ....probably will see peel serving in the new bar at half time tooo.
Not happy not happy at all 

Edited by Oracle - 27 February 2023 at 3:06pm
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

https://www.rugby-addict.com/en/article/home/i-ve-found-myself-bored-at-times-going-from-head-coach-to-assistant-lee-blackett/63fb2bafd015cfd0b0032e22

Nice article. 2 things stood out, one that he is travelling so far each day/week. I travel over a 1000 a week and its a killer. Luckily though I have a company vehicle so I was surprised Lee doesnt also have one. Running my own car for that mileage in the current climate would make me think about somewhere else anyway.
If he goes to Edinburgh that's a hell of a commute.  One reason for him to stay here.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

It leaves us in a mess again , we are losing 2 coaches and gawd knows how many players and we are wishing him the best ...I say bollocks , if we want to be a top side we can't afford to lose people like this ....people have short memories , b4 this guy arrived we couldn't buy a win , now we are loosing him and Frank's , I'm not full of confidence for the future ....probably will see peel serving in the new bar at half time tooo.
Not happy not happy at all 

I'm sure we'd all like to see him stay. However he will clearly want a head coach role and we already have a head coach. Are you suggesting sacking Peel and offering Blackett his job? We were very fortunate to have him come as an assistant due to what happened at the Wasps leaving him jobless mid-season. There will be clubs who will want him as head coach for next season.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 4:14pm
Make him director if rugby or Dwayne director of rugby might be the answer , we also get Dwayne exposed to new ideas ..it's a win win 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

If he goes to Edinburgh that's a hell of a commute.  One reason for him to stay here.
Ha .. but I think a Head Coach job there with the money on offer plus long contract, will prove a no brainer and it’s a fantastic city ( no disrespect to Pemberton 😉)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 4:47pm
I have to give in to the thought , it's just that we are playing so well now , that I don't want to go back to plucky looser ..
Going back to NK , I think is the best option 🙂
tim d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 5:08pm
Apparently all his family have been life long supporters of Edinburgh.
I'm sick of it
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by tim d tim d wrote:

Apparently all his family have been life long supporters of Edinburgh.
Nice LOL
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Ha .. but I think a Head Coach job there with the money on offer plus long contract, will prove a no brainer and it’s a fantastic city ( no disrespect to Pemberton 😉)
Yeah, if its a permanent role as head coach on far more money, they would probably move. We are very much a stop gap sadly, something we will need to get used to Ouch

Edited by supertaf - 27 February 2023 at 5:13pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 5:50pm
Stevo……

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Llanelliman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelliman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 6:10pm
Dare I say …… Pivac ?
Made in Seaside, Llanelli
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic