Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My team for France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 5:57pm
I think the women may be the Welsh Flag bearers this weekend ....luckily we have invested in them LOL
Sponsored Links

gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

Depends what you want from Saturday. Damage limitation? Try to win??? Develop new players in the toughest of environments? Who knows what Gatland really wants.  

FWIW I'd go with - LRZ, Grady, North, Hawkins, Adams, Patchell, Webb, Falatau, Jac, Tips, Beard, AWJ, Francis, Ken, Thomas   subs: Parry, Wyn, Lewis, Jenkins, Reffell, Hardy, Biggar, Tomkins

Out of that 23, I'd say 12 or more aren't up to the job at international level. 

Grady on the wing?

Yes - he's pacy and would be less exposed (less pressure on him perhaps) there whilst gaining more international experience. It's a punt for sure (as is LRZ at FB) but hey whatever they do France are too strong for this squad. You could be totally defensive of course anf put Tips & Reffell in the centre...
What's going on?
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 10:40pm

Depends what you want from Saturday. Damage limitation? Try to win??? Develop new players in the toughest of environments? Who knows what Gatland really wants.  

FWIW I'd go with - LRZ, Grady, North, Hawkins, Adams, Patchell, Webb, Falatau, Jac, Tips, Beard, AWJ, Francis, Ken, Thomas   subs: Parry, Wyn, Lewis, Jenkins, Reffell, Hardy, Biggar, Tomkins

I wouldn't fancy his chances against penaud 

Grady on the wing?

Yes - he's pacy and would be less exposed (less pressure on him perhaps) there whilst gaining more international experience. It's a punt for sure (as is LRZ at FB) but hey whatever they do France are too strong for this squad. You could be totally defensive of course anf put Tips & Reffell in the centre...

I wouldn't fancy his chances against penaud 

Edited by Sir Duckling Tuft - 14 March 2023 at 10:41pm
sir duckling tuft
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 8:06am

Grady on the wing?

But he is a centre, not a winger. Why do we have this obsession in Wales with moving player from their normal position?  
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 8:22am
Yes Fscarlet I agree. Having said that though I would like to see LRZ play at 15 going forward but he has played there for Gloucester. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 9:07am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes Fscarlet I agree. Having said that though I would like to see LRZ play at 15 going forward but he has played there for Gloucester. 

100% agree, him coming into the line from FB could be devastating from an attacking point of view.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 9:09am
Never mind the game where is this stag do taking plAce?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 9:13am
Just been reading about the litter filled streets of Paris. Apparently the refuse personnel have been striking for over a week against proposed increases in pension age. Good luck to all who are travelling for the game - stay healthy!!!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 9:15am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Bristol buddy!! 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 8:43am
Hope Gatland sticks with his young centres if he is not going outside the squad. They will certainly be playing some part in Wales' future so selecting Tompkins because " he's busy" & North for experience is really just a fudge. Realistically this Welsh team have very little chance of victory but a decent performance, say defeat by less than 15, will give some hope.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 8:48am
Thomkins is a good player but North hasn't been international class for at least the last 6 years 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:22am

Bristol buddy!! 
get down the marina end of town. Urban tiger worth a quick visitWink
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Thomkins is a good player but North hasn't been international class for at least the last 6 years 

I agree Tompkins is better than the 12 and 13 currently playing who are not even average. 

I would suggest if they were Scarlet players and not from the amazing regions they play for the press and all bumf written about them would be completely different.  I can remember any Scarlet player making one mistake they would be chastised by one and all.

That's what happens when your a Scarlet player as different rules apply .....

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:37am

Bristol buddy!! 
get down the marina end of town. Urban tiger worth a quick visitWink

Cheers, think we're in a sports bar for the rugby then God knows but have added it to the group!
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 11:55am
Be careful wearing fancy dress etc in Bristol I was there last 6 nations for the Scotland V England game , we had a great time and was drinking with a load of Plymouth boys one of which was Henry Slades cousin. We watched the Rugby in BSB Waterside bar and had a really good day. For the day my mate was in full Welsh kit and everything was ok but around 6 - 7 pm he had to go to the hotel to get changed.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Be careful wearing fancy dress etc in Bristol I was there last 6 nations for the Scotland V England game , we had a great time and was drinking with a load of Plymouth boys one of which was Henry Slades cousin. We watched the Rugby in BSB Waterside bar and had a really good day. For the day my mate was in full Welsh kit and everything was ok but around 6 - 7 pm he had to go to the hotel to get changed.

Thanks for the tip, was thinking of wearing the Welsh top for the rugby & then chucking it in the hotel later before we go out like.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic