Print Page | Close Window

Pigs at the trough

Printed From: Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets
Category: SOCIAL
Forum Name: CHAT BOARD
Forum Description: No topics, just chat
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47254
Printed Date: 21 February 2024 at 5:50am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Pigs at the trough
Posted By: Oracle
Subject: Pigs at the trough
Date Posted: 29 March 2023 at 9:25pm
Just thought I would start this thread so that people can post links that most of us miss , so we can hopefully see the full picture ..

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1641042481746722817?t=nq-CmzkUwL7fJTSaF73QTw&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1641042481746722817?t=nq-CmzkUwL7fJTSaF73QTw&s=19



Replies:
Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Just thought I would start this thread so that people can post links that most of us miss , so we can hopefully see the full picture ..

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1641042481746722817?t=nq-CmzkUwL7fJTSaF73QTw&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1641042481746722817?t=nq-CmzkUwL7fJTSaF73QTw&s=19

That's just one example, and not the biggest by any means.

I received the latest 'Private Eye' yesterday, which contained this interesting information:

Whereas top earners pay income tax at 45% above £150k, the tax on capital gains is only 20% (or 28%, depending...)

So, what capital gains did Rish! make in recent years?

2019/20: £680,000

2020/21: £1.44 million

2021/22: £1.64 million.

Of course, as Chancellor for much of the time, Sunak could have brought the rate of tax on capital gains up to the level of that on incomes.

Did he? Answers on a postcard...

(Figures from Private Eye 1595 p. 8 "Rishi Pickings")


-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 8:16am
Interesting debate over the money's made from our natural resources and especially why Wales cannot keep it yet Scotland can 
https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/status/1641090943641178113?t=j5_pMOeanQoF-TYe7NfnjA&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/status/1641090943641178113?t=j5_pMOeanQoF-TYe7NfnjA&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 8:18am
Pigging out 
https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1641044665855082496?t=oL5f4EBcD1e5i_Z9u-hfQg&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1641044665855082496?t=oL5f4EBcD1e5i_Z9u-hfQg&s=19


Posted By: Kentexile
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 10:40am
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/what-crown-estate-wales-how-24503743" rel="nofollow - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/what-crown-estate-wales-how-24503743
Wales on line picked up on the rapid increase in value of the Welsh Crown estates land the disparity of treatment of crown estates in Scotland last year.


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 11:06am
This story has a real bearing on the Scarlets and their potential success ...If we kept our profits from our natural resources , this would allow for greater investment in the health service , education and health ...Along with these improvements, a reduction in our energy prices would result in a greater percentage of money that could be spent on recreational pursuits....This I'm sure would result in bigger crowds and a bigger travelling support .
So from keeping profits that belong to us , we get a healthier population , with greater amounts of finance that can be spent on recreational pursuits , which potentially could lead to bigger crowds ..
How oaks grow from little acorns 


Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 11:56am
If we are talking about England ripping off Wales (rather than specifically the Tories ripping everyone off) then one of the biggest cons in recent times is the decision by the English government to make Wales pay its share of the cost of building the well known white elephant that is HS2, despite a recommendation from the House of Commons Welsh Affairs Committee that it should be reclassified as an England-only project:

In July 2021, the House of Commons Welsh Affairs Select Committee published its report on  https://committees.parliament.uk/publications/6686/documents/71774/default/" rel="nofollow - Railway Infrastructure in Wales . This report covers how rail infrastructure in Wales is managed and funded as well as the case for upgrading rail infrastructure in Wales. On HS2, the Committee recommended that:

HS2 should be reclassified as an England only project. Using the Barnett formula, Wales’ funding settlement should be recalculated to apply an additional allocation based on the funding for HS2 in England. This would help to ensure that Welsh rail passengers receive the same advantage from investment in HS2 as those in Scotland and Northern Ireland. https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cdp-2021-0168/#_ftn6" rel="nofollow - [6]


https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cdp-2021-0168/


-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)


Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Just thought I would start this thread so that people can post links that most of us miss , so we can hopefully see the full picture ..

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1641042481746722817?t=nq-CmzkUwL7fJTSaF73QTw&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1641042481746722817?t=nq-CmzkUwL7fJTSaF73QTw&s=19

But it's not a surprise....the greatest folly of the British public is they believe with " handouts" like this they care....they don't care, ever, ever, ever....

And they want to put up retirement age to 68 now....jeeezzzzz.




-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 8:11pm
https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/status/1641410648654372865?t=hneOGZsAoZw_c1eb8igE2Q&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/status/1641410648654372865?t=hneOGZsAoZw_c1eb8igE2Q&s=19



Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 10:49pm
https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1641436321989414912?t=1EcZVPcbBE4USOi2J55bhw&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1641436321989414912?t=1EcZVPcbBE4USOi2J55bhw&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 10:54pm
https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641532794462412835?t=2HuFKy9hnCOkwZBx8Zcu3g&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641532794462412835?t=2HuFKy9hnCOkwZBx8Zcu3g&s=19


Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 30 March 2023 at 11:06pm
[QUOTE=Oracle] https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/status/1641410648654372865?t=hneOGZsAoZw_c1eb8igE2Q&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/status/1641410648654372865?t=hneOGZsAoZw_c1eb8igE2Q&s=   .


Posted By: bydder
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 12:06pm
If anyone is interested there’s a Welsh independence march in Swansea on the 20th of may

-------------
N11


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 12:45pm
Yes Cymru , looking forward to it


Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641532794462412835?t=2HuFKy9hnCOkwZBx8Zcu3g&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641532794462412835?t=2HuFKy9hnCOkwZBx8Zcu3g&s=19

Keep them coming... maybe copy a brief quote from each link to get people interested.

Private Eye is also a good source for stories like this.


-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)


Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Yes Cymru , looking forward to it

I am totally in favour of independence for Wales... I don't see how anyone can claim with a straight face that 'Westminster knows best' after the serial farce of the last few years. 

Drakeford has been a far more principled and competent leader than any PM in that period. He is a unionist, though, because Labour in Westminster needs Welsh seats and MPs.

I am not a member of Yes Cymru because I knew one of the founders (or early members? not sure) from our town council, and he didn't impress me, I'm afraid. Maybe the leadership of the group has higher calibre individuals in it now. I hope so, anyway.

It is certainly long past the time when Wales should tolerate being ripped off right left and centre.


-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

[QUOTE=Oracle]Yes Cymru , looking forward to it

I am totally in favour of independence for Wales... I don't see how anyone can claim with a straight face that 'Westminster knows best' after the serial farce of the last few years. 

Drakeford has been a far more principled and competent leader than any PM in that period. He is a unionist, though, because Labour in Westminster needs Welsh seats and MPs.

I am not a member of Yes Cymru because I knew one of the founders (or early members? not sure) from our town council, and he didn't impress me, I'm afraid. Maybe the leadership of the group has higher calibre individuals in it now. I hope so, anyway.

It is certainly long past the time when Wales should tolerate being ripped off right left and centre.
[/QUOTE

Iesu , I didn't know that you knew me , ond diolch Wink


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 10:10pm
https://twitter.com/ali4bs/status/1641549839937810436?t=chOXvAC8GujY62rEnq-RNA&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/ali4bs/status/1641549839937810436?t=chOXvAC8GujY62rEnq-RNA&s=19

Tories killing NHS again 


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 10:15pm
https://twitter.com/LizWebsterLD/status/1641839048565063690?t=PUGfLMKXlzhh9Kx2qpG1nw&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/LizWebsterLD/status/1641839048565063690?t=PUGfLMKXlzhh9Kx2qpG1nw&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 10:36pm
https://twitter.com/YesCymru/status/1641889999825059840?t=TyXBcxSMQjAaLR_FJFAggA&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/YesCymru/status/1641889999825059840?t=TyXBcxSMQjAaLR_FJFAggA&s=19


Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Yes Cymru , looking forward to it

I am totally in favour of independence for Wales... I don't see how anyone can claim with a straight face that 'Westminster knows best' after the serial farce of the last few years. 

Drakeford has been a far more principled and competent leader than any PM in that period. He is a unionist, though, because Labour in Westminster needs Welsh seats and MPs.

I am not a member of Yes Cymru because I knew one of the founders (or early members? not sure) from our town council, and he didn't impress me, I'm afraid. Maybe the leadership of the group has higher calibre individuals in it now. I hope so, anyway.

It is certainly long past the time when Wales should tolerate being ripped off right left and centre.
drakeford comptemtWinkLOLLOL at what wales ecomony weakest in uk? Nhs waiting times highest , education results lowest . Da iawn mark boy, he is as inept as the english tories boot both out i say


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 11:00pm
https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641841030625476610?t=7CszSIj_OL6mhX3VzCq--w&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641841030625476610?t=7CszSIj_OL6mhX3VzCq--w&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Yes Cymru , looking forward to it

I am totally in favour of independence for Wales... I don't see how anyone can claim with a straight face that 'Westminster knows best' after the serial farce of the last few years. 

Drakeford has been a far more principled and competent leader than any PM in that period. He is a unionist, though, because Labour in Westminster needs Welsh seats and MPs.

I am not a member of Yes Cymru because I knew one of the founders (or early members? not sure) from our town council, and he didn't impress me, I'm afraid. Maybe the leadership of the group has higher calibre individuals in it now. I hope so, anyway.

It is certainly long past the time when Wales should tolerate being ripped off right left and centre.
drakeford comptemtWinkLOLLOL at what wales ecomony weakest in uk? Nhs waiting times highest , education results lowest . Da iawn mark boy, he is as inept as the english tories boot both out i say

I see that you look ready to support independence on may the 20th ..I will pen your support and look forward in seeing you attend ...


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 11:04pm
https://twitter.com/TheGrimm5/status/1641489155791237129?t=y8xEw8O_CXBG_1Ogm9DVxw&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/TheGrimm5/status/1641489155791237129?t=y8xEw8O_CXBG_1Ogm9DVxw&s=19


Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 11:05pm
We will all be in dublin for the final hopefully!


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 31 March 2023 at 11:27pm
https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641872462399823881?t=zXvQOVpKVI6bNELOenD7LA&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641872462399823881?t=zXvQOVpKVI6bNELOenD7LA&s=19


Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 6:23am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Yes Cymru , looking forward to it

I am totally in favour of independence for Wales... I don't see how anyone can claim with a straight face that 'Westminster knows best' after the serial farce of the last few years. 

Drakeford has been a far more principled and competent leader than any PM in that period. He is a unionist, though, because Labour in Westminster needs Welsh seats and MPs.

I am not a member of Yes Cymru because I knew one of the founders (or early members? not sure) from our town council, and he didn't impress me, I'm afraid. Maybe the leadership of the group has higher calibre individuals in it now. I hope so, anyway.

It is certainly long past the time when Wales should tolerate being ripped off right left and centre.
drakeford comptemtWinkLOLLOL at what wales ecomony weakest in uk? Nhs waiting times highest , education results lowest . Da iawn mark boy, he is as inept as the english tories boot both out i say

I see that you are unaware that Wales's money is kindly given to us by the English parliament according to the Barnett formula and various consequentials.

You may also be unaware that Lord Barnett himself, before he passed away, said that the formula was working out in a way unfair to Wales, and that it should be changed - it hasn't been.

Meanwhile, the English have found cunning new ways to deprive Wales of funding: first of all by replacing the EU Regional Fund - where the cash was given on the basis of need/poverty - and replaced it with a system which - surprise, surprise - awarded most of the money to Tory held constituencies in England, including such 'needy' ones as the PM's in Richmond, Yorkshire. Then by claiming that HS2 was an England AND WALES project, thus making the Welsh taxpayer contribute to this white elephant.

On top of this, they are now talking about stealing our water for next to bugger all (£5 million has been mentioned).

The best politicians in the world can do very little if they don't have funds... not that I am claiming ours are the best, but they are certainly different class to the English ones.

Which Welsh politicians crashed the UK economy in 3 weeks and cost the country £40-£60 billion? Liz Truss and Kamikaze Kwarteng, that's who. 

The trouble with the English politicians is that far too many are only in it to line their own pockets, as can be seen from the ease with which they switch on leaving parliament to companies that benefited from their policies when they were in power. I don't see why we should continue to contribute to this economy run for the rich by a corrupt elite.


-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 7:38am
Clap


Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 9:15am
So in short your praising drakeford for giving us the worst economy worst education and worst health service in the uk? What a great cv the man has


Posted By: bydder
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 9:26am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

So in short your praising drakeford for giving us the worst economy worst education and worst health service in the uk? What a great cv the man has
Are you secretly Andrew RT Davies?


-------------
N11


Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 9:39am
No i’m soneone who holds drakeford to account and asking questions of his appalling record. Things some people on here are incredibly reluctant to do so for some reason, some on here give the cardiff centric mismanaging inept senedd and their staff a free pass, well i won’t, the facts are there i’m just stating them don’t shoot the messenger just because you don’t like the facts


Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 9:41am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

No i’m soneone who holds drakeford to account and asking questions of his appalling record. Things some people on here are incredibly reluctant to do so for some reason
I thinks he gets an easy ride because we hate the Tories so much


Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 9:42am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

No i’m soneone who holds drakeford to account and asking questions of his appalling record. Things some people on here are incredibly reluctant to do so for some reason
I thinks he gets an easy ride because we hate the Tories so much
there is a man who gets itClap


Posted By: goggles
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:21am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

No i’m soneone who holds drakeford to account and asking questions of his appalling record. Things some people on here are incredibly reluctant to do so for some reason, some on here give the cardiff centric mismanaging inept senedd and their staff a free pass, well i won’t, the facts are there i’m just stating them don’t shoot the messenger just because you don’t like the facts


100% agree with you!


-------------
Human tours #No1


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:35am
It's incredible how many labour Sennedd members believe that Wales needs independence 


Posted By: bydder
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:55am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

No i’m soneone who holds drakeford to account and asking questions of his appalling record. Things some people on here are incredibly reluctant to do so for some reason
I thinks he gets an easy ride because we hate the Tories so much
there is a man who gets itClap
I don't think he's perfect but until we brake free from the clutches of westminster Wales will never thrive.


-------------
N11


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:58am
Clap


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 7:49pm
https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641870726188740608?t=2b7Mo1rAHtmHnDiH4nkrEQ&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641870726188740608?t=2b7Mo1rAHtmHnDiH4nkrEQ&s=19


Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 8:31pm
Ah, wondered on to 'Chat' thinking we were doing farmyard animals. I was thinking of getting some Gloucester Old Spots.


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:37pm
https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641870726188740608?t=-7VHumfz9adVYRHXrhnzdg&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1641870726188740608?t=-7VHumfz9adVYRHXrhnzdg&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:37pm
https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1642204934534754304?t=ydTUnxfNxVcmbAV0hffTQQ&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1642204934534754304?t=ydTUnxfNxVcmbAV0hffTQQ&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:38pm
https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1642250981751529475?t=KrAfpIu8gMoZOik_Sqe8aA&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1642250981751529475?t=KrAfpIu8gMoZOik_Sqe8aA&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:41pm
https://twitter.com/troutman831/status/1642181740893437952?t=7YngGDznlR6TRSBpOsrQbQ&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/troutman831/status/1642181740893437952?t=7YngGDznlR6TRSBpOsrQbQ&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:44pm
https://twitter.com/Beany_1/status/1642082348014489601?t=PyCYZmm1VisvulVXOcEvDw&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Beany_1/status/1642082348014489601?t=PyCYZmm1VisvulVXOcEvDw&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 01 April 2023 at 10:47pm
https://twitter.com/GyllKing/status/1642074128583729152?t=oF4zabNFn7BN3eotgxKtzA&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/GyllKing/status/1642074128583729152?t=oF4zabNFn7BN3eotgxKtzA&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 02 April 2023 at 9:18pm
Everyone needs to read this , at the end of this year , employers don't have to pay people holiday pay 
https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1642540640222470145?t=SmQd9JE-9KXz3ze9EnOGHg&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1642540640222470145?t=SmQd9JE-9KXz3ze9EnOGHg&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 10 April 2023 at 6:35pm
https://twitter.com/PhilMyers53/status/1645386831402266624?t=xyyHaErcmuTD-XAlxS60Vg&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/PhilMyers53/status/1645386831402266624?t=xyyHaErcmuTD-XAlxS60Vg&s=19

One hell of read 


Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 11 April 2023 at 1:03am
Originally posted by goggles goggles wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

No i’m soneone who holds drakeford to account and asking questions of his appalling record. Things some people on here are incredibly reluctant to do so for some reason, some on here give the cardiff centric mismanaging inept senedd and their staff a free pass, well i won’t, the facts are there i’m just stating them don’t shoot the messenger just because you don’t like the facts


100% agree with you!

Partly agree too and local ams and mps get off scot free too
the state of wales in many key areas is absolutely disgraceful...the drugs the roads the nhs the economy a right mess , all massive issues etc etc


-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 11 April 2023 at 8:50am
All funded by Westminster , who refuse to give Wales it's true amounts of funding ...Regarding drakeford...he's to much of a unionist for my liking , but he did a brilliant job during COVID ...Election time around the corner so make your voices heard 


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 11 April 2023 at 10:28am
Whilst we all suffer and tighten our belts , our Westminster government does this ...Good law Project 

https://twitter.com/GoodLawProject/status/1645670766975787008?t=kfuvow5jtqA3V1Y5yibXFQ&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/GoodLawProject/status/1645670766975787008?t=kfuvow5jtqA3V1Y5yibXFQ&s=19


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 11 April 2023 at 10:32am
https://www.msn.com/en-GB/news/london/cbi-boss-tony-danker-fired-amid-misconduct-claims/ar-AA19I23c?ocid=sapphireappshare%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.msn.com/en-GB/news/london/cbi-boss-tony-danker-fired-amid-misconduct-claims/ar-AA19I23c?ocid=sapphireappshare

The Westminster behaviour is becoming infectious 


Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 11 April 2023 at 12:42pm
Watching Skinner telling Cameron he is " Dodgy Dave" is still brilliant 



-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"


Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 11 April 2023 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

All funded by Westminster , who refuse to give Wales it's true amounts of funding ...Regarding drakeford...he's to much of a unionist for my liking , but he did a brilliant job during COVID ...Election time around the corner so make your voices heard 

Drakefords reign is catastrophic 


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 11 April 2023 at 10:53pm
I think he did well with covid , compared to the afterbirth that England had to deal with


Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I think he did well with covid , compared to the afterbirth that England had to deal with

Our figures were exactly the same 


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 12:41pm
Exactly the same , I very much doubt it 


Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-GB/news/london/cbi-boss-tony-danker-fired-amid-misconduct-claims/ar-AA19I23c?ocid=sapphireappshare%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.msn.com/en-GB/news/london/cbi-boss-tony-danker-fired-amid-misconduct-claims/ar-AA19I23c?ocid=sapphireappshare

The Westminster behaviour is becoming infectious 

'Danker' - is that a misprint?


-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)


Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Exactly the same , I very much doubt it 
Youre always making up figures lol Didnt you claim the UK didnt have a trade deal with the EU last week?
The WG followed all the same rules as westminster , old folks with covid were sent back to care homes and it spread like wildfire. We also had the so called super hospitals in wales barely used, not even for testing or quarantines as they were used for far more smartly in china. Even vaughan gethin the welsh health minister broke his own covid rules and went for a picnic during lockdown. Whist that buffoon in number 10 told an endless pack of lies and was rightly forced out ...We are in no position to preach. 
Biased one eyed conversations that only take 1 point of view solve absolutely nothingThumbs Up



-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)


Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Exactly the same , I very much doubt it 
Youre always making up figures lol Didnt you claim the UK didnt have a trade deal with the EU last week?
The WG followed all the same rules as westminster , old folks with covid were sent back to care homes and it spread like wildfire. We also had the so called super hospitals in wales barely used, not even for testing or quarantines as they were used for far more smartly in china. Even vaughan gethin the welsh health minister broke his own covid rules and went for a picnic during lockdown. Whist that buffoon in number 10 told an endless pack of lies and was rightly forced out ...We are in no position to preach. 
Biased one eyed conversations that only take 1 point of view solve absolutely nothingThumbs Up


Fair points Roy. Thumbs Up


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 4:44pm
Well in response to facts , I enclose a link to a comparison of the 4 home countries when compared like for like ..interesting factual read 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/fact-check-wales-really-most-20528778?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target" rel="nofollow - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/fact-check-wales-really-most-20528778?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target


Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 6:25pm
Very interesting , good work oracle, Ill have a good read and rant later , diolchThumbs Up

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 12 April 2023 at 8:48pm
Looking forward to it ..my friend Wink


Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 13 April 2023 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Well in response to facts , I enclose a link to a comparison of the 4 home countries when compared like for like ..interesting factual read 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/fact-check-wales-really-most-20528778?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target" rel="nofollow - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/fact-check-wales-really-most-20528778?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Good read there Oracle. Seems to be from the figures that the overriding message is that the area which did by far the best was the one with no government sitting at all namely Northern Ireland. Now there's an idea - perhaps we would all be better off if governing was left to the civil servants. You read it here first!!!!


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 13 April 2023 at 6:00pm
Interesting article from Nation. Cymru , regarding the crown estates control over Welsh land and resources and the international laws it is and has been breaking for years ....I also agree labour haven't done a bloody thing to help either

I've copied and pasted as I couldn't find a link ...the article as I said was on nation.cymru

https://nation.cymru/support-us/" rel="nofollow - Support our Nation today - please donate here
https://nation.cymru/opinion/the-crown-estate-violating-wales-right-to-profit-from-its-own-natural-resources/#content" rel="nofollow - Skip to content
https://nation.cymru/" rel="nofollow">Nation Cymru Logo
https://www.hayfestival.com/p-20351-dai-smith-and-sam-adams-in-conversation-with-emma-schofield.aspx" rel="nofollow">
https://amam.cymru/" rel="nofollow">
https://nation.cymru/category/opinion/" rel="nofollow - OPINION

The Crown Estate: violating Wales’ right to profit from its own natural resources

13 Apr 2023 4 minute read
King’s picture by Victoria Jones / PA Wire.

Hayden Williams

International treaties, which the UK government has signed, confirm Welsh arguments that  https://crownestate.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=0aac22685d2f4d78a2a3b0a5aa1660db" rel="nofollow - Crown Estate lands  in Wales should be devolved — but the Crown Estate doesn’t seem bothered.

The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) both state that distinct peoples have the right to self-determination, to determine their own political status, and to freely pursue their own economic development.

Among its many clauses, UNDRIP states that indigenous peoples have the right to the conservation and protection of the environment and the productive capacity of their lands or territories.

The ICCPR was brought into effect in 1976, and the UK government agreed in the same year to abide by it. The UK government also formally agreed to honour the principles of UNDRIP in 2007.

Moreover, according to the UK government’s own Statement of the Permanent Mission of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland at the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues in 2021:

“The UK Government is fully committed to promoting and protecting human rights for all individuals, including indigenous people, without discrimination on any grounds.”

Though we might think the term ‘indigenous peoples’ only applies to dispossessed minorities in foreign lands (such as Native Americans or Australian Aboriginals), it’s hard to argue the Welsh aren’t indigenous to Wales.

The UN recognises indigenous peoples as “those who inhabited a country or a geographical region at the time when people of different cultures or ethnic origins arrived. The new arrivals later became dominant through conquest, occupation, settlement or other means.”

Crown Estate

Wales has lands under Crown Estate control which the Welsh Government has asked to be devolved. Crown Estate lands in Scotland have already been devolved.

If an energy company wants to put a wind farm off the Welsh coast it must effectively pay rent for that space — not to the Welsh government, but to the Crown Estate.

The Crown Estate intends to auction off spaces for these projects this year, and the profits made from ‘rents’ will go to the King (25%) and to the UK Treasury.

The Crown Estate’s press office was therefore asked:

  • Does the Crown Estate agree the Welsh fit the legal definition of an indigenous people (indigenous to Wales)?
  • Why is the retention of Crown Estate lands in Wales not seen as a violation of Welsh rights in accord with the UNDRIP principles or the ICPR?
  • Wouldn’t it be fair to devolve the lands back to Wales so any profit raised from the energy projects could then be put back into Wales via the devolved Welsh government?

The Crown Estate’s communications manager acknowledged receipt of these questions on March 10, and said they would look into it. A week later, they again said they’d follow it up. A month later, there’s still no response.

Welsh Government

The Welsh government press office was asked the same questions and a spokesperson replied that the Welsh government’s case for the devolution of the Crown Estate was not based on UNDRIP or ICPR, but was instead “currently focused on the benefits this would bring [to Wales, if devolved], including for the generation of renewable energy.”

But obviously, at the present time, the benefits are going to the UK government instead, and they apparently have no intention of listening to such arguments. Why give the profit directly to Wales when the ‘benefits’ can instead be siphoned into the UK Treasury?

Injustice

Perhaps Wales will get some of it back, at Westminster’s discretion, but if the recent budget is anything to go by, Wales will as usual get little more than further injustice.

Section 21 of the Environment (Wales) Act 2016, which deals with the Crown Estate, states that, “If any question arises under this section as to what authority is the appropriate authority in relation to any land, that question is to be referred to the Treasury, whose decision is final.”

So, the UK Treasury benefits (minus the King’s 25% of the annual profits, which amounted to 86.3 million British pounds for the 2021-22 year), and the UK Treasury has the final word in any dispute.

The Welsh Government claims it’s dialoguing with Westminster for the devolution of Crown Lands in Wales. Maybe the argument could be strengthened if the Welsh began seeking international recognition as an indigenous people.

Hayden Williams is a New Zealand based journalist, a member of Plaid Cymru, and a member of the New Zealand Labour Party.



Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 13 April 2023 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Well in response to facts , I enclose a link to a comparison of the 4 home countries when compared like for like ..interesting factual read 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/fact-check-wales-really-most-20528778?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target" rel="nofollow - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/fact-check-wales-really-most-20528778?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Good read there Oracle. Seems to be from the figures that the overriding message is that the area which did by far the best was the one with no government sitting at all namely Northern Ireland. Now there's an idea - perhaps we would all be better off if governing was left to the civil servants. You read it here first!!!!

The less politicians the better 😁


-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 24 April 2023 at 4:37pm
https://twitter.com/HBFash1007/status/1650382295587512321?t=st-oXjNoCSGZKnYvGmA5Ww&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/HBFash1007/status/1650382295587512321?t=st-oXjNoCSGZKnYvGmA5Ww&s=19

I hear you guys in the UK had an emergency test that didn't go to well yesterday ...just read this link 


Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 24 April 2023 at 6:01pm
Braverman the bitch gets speeding ticket and asks can she claim it on MP expenses....honestly parliament should be dissolved its a disgraceful place.




-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"


Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 25 April 2023 at 12:20am
Poor women must be struggling financially, so needs as much help as possible to make ends met.



Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 25 April 2023 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Poor women must be struggling financially, so needs as much help as possible to make ends met.


The audacity and arrogance is quite staggering Legend.




-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"


Posted By: Oracle
Date Posted: 30 April 2023 at 11:20am
https://twitter.com/catheri82106796/status/1652352992358612993?t=_p-A0Ja0upWEIS7C3JhSDA&s=19%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/catheri82106796/status/1652352992358612993?t=_p-A0Ja0upWEIS7C3JhSDA&s=19



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net