FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2023 Ashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2023 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Engerland very much on top , the trumpeter playing the engerland crowd in a frenzy playing some 2nd world war classics , still can't believe how many Welsh dragons are flying in the stadium ....Must be awesome to be Welsh and delusional 
yes it must be, no womder you are always in such a joyous mood Wink
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2023 at 1:24pm
Only rain can save us nowWink. Well played crawley great knock
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2023 at 9:23am

I'm glad you are enjoying the cricket 

Thank you.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2023 at 8:41am
I'm glad you are enjoying the cricket 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2023 at 7:17am

Engerland very much on top , the trumpeter playing the engerland crowd in a frenzy playing some 2nd world war classics , still can't believe how many Welsh dragons are flying in the stadium ....Must be awesome to be Welsh and delusional 

Get over yourself Mike & give it a rest. Spare a thought for us cricket fans who are being thoroughly entertained. Australia were like a rabbit caught in the headlights yesterday afternoon. Ali & Crawley were patient before lunch rebuilding the innings after an early loss. Australia's bowlers were too straight to Crawley allowing him to get his eye set and clip runs through square leg & mid wicket. Once his eye was in he hit through the covers and straight with some dazzling stroke play. 

Cummins is struggling physically and mentally with the captaincy. He won't have liked the dismissals of both Crawley & Root as they both kept low. Clearly the pitch is starting to misbehave a little. Sensible batting at the close by Brook & Stokes showing that Bazball can be tailored to the occasion. Well done England. All to play for despite the weather forecast. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2023 at 4:55pm
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2023 at 4:00pm
Awesome play by engerland currently , but I think the weather will beat both sides in this test , tomorrow afternoon scattered showers , Saturday and Sunday monsoons 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2023 at 6:44am
What is it in this series - neither team want to seize the initiative. England's new ball bowlers wasted it apart from Woakes. Bowled far too wide allowing too many balls to be left. Australia at 120-2 just after lunch with Labuschange & Smith set I could see a big total building but they played loose shots & were gone. Broad came back and bowled a good spell & Bairstow took a blinder ( haven't said that much this series) to remove a very dangerous guy Marsh. Again why has Marsh not played instead of Green throughout this series. Batting together yesterday they were like night and day. 

England will try to get a lead by close of play today - I fully expect a declaration to come & would support it as the weather is going to deteriorate so England will not be too concerned even if they are bowled out short of their target. They have got to get 20 wickets as a priority. 
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2023 at 2:09am
To add to the above...Can anyone tell me WHY jimmy Anderson is playing ?
Commentators trot out, that he hasn't had much luck, but he hasn't threatened at all in this series.

He bowls tightly ,as always, BUT you have to take Aussie wickets..so thank God for Woakes, who should have been playing instead of Jimmy in every test.
The other thing is why play Tonge in a single test the drop him, when clearly he looked England's best bowler. He has that extra pace to threaten the batsman.

Anderson is one of the very greats, and easily in my best England xi.
This however is the ashes 2023, and wen cannot live on past glories.
At this level, particularly as a seam bowler, its not easy, and at 41, that's a big ask !

I stood yer on tanner bank
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2023 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

299-8.

Australia have picked a team to ensure at least a draw.

They would be disappointed with some of the shots they got out to today,particualrly when 'in'.

Woakes bowled well today.

I am telling you Will , GPR, and yourself, should on Test Match Special
LOLLOLLOL

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2023 at 7:30pm
299-8.

Australia have picked a team to ensure at least a draw.

They would be disappointed with some of the shots they got out to today,particualrly when 'in'.

Woakes bowled well today.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2023 at 7:54am
It appears that England are going to have a get a wriggle on today & tomorrow with rain forecast to affect play on both Friday & Sunday and Saturday looking like a wash out. Good game to win. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2023 at 12:49am

Yes you correct , which confirms the thought that Engerland are just a bunch of tossers Wink

I remember one comment on TMS on radio, that, in a series against the West Indies, the only thing skipper David Gower won was the toss, quite a few times.. he was described by Jonners (brian Johnson), as a "Great Tosser" LOL.

In the same series(Jonners again), Gower was was fielding around the corner, waiting for a "little tickle"..LOL
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2023 at 3:20pm
Yes you correct , which confirms the thought that Engerland are just a bunch of tossers Wink
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2023 at 1:16pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Anderson in for Robinson for the Old Trafford Test.

Am also hearing that the Aussies might be including a demon google-bowling mystery leg spinner in their squad, Kim Wrong’un, if Oracle’s ability to hack everywhere goes better than his efforts to give Sexton’s disciplinary sentence weaker than a limp lettuce.

The Australians have given you the token test at the behest of the TV and ticket master to ensure interest is maintained ...Warner to be dropped ( yes you heard it here first) ....3-1 on the way , then the final test for a 4-1 win as I predicted ...only the bloody weather might save engerland , because they can't help themselves ....I have also not used the word assume as it allways makes an ass out of you a me ..or in text talk EO, EO ,EO Wink

Couldn't resist that ..sorry ..........not sorry Big smile

You must tell that donkey joke to the great leader during your next leadership group team building away day ! He will probably order the electrification of your dangly bits as a reward !!( again) 😜 

Ps Have the Aussies lost all three tosses for the Tests so far? They are certainly doing it the hard way 

Edited by reesytheexile - 17 July 2023 at 1:18pm
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2023 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Anderson in for Robinson for the Old Trafford Test.

Am also hearing that the Aussies might be including a demon google-bowling mystery leg spinner in their squad, Kim Wrong’un, if Oracle’s ability to hack everywhere goes better than his efforts to give Sexton’s disciplinary sentence weaker than a limp lettuce.

The Australians have given you the token test at the behest of the TV and ticket master to ensure interest is maintained ...Warner to be dropped ( yes you heard it here first) ....3-1 on the way , then the final test for a 4-1 win as I predicted ...only the bloody weather might save engerland , because they can't help themselves ....I have also not used the word assume as it allways makes an ass out of you a me ..or in text talk EO, EO ,EO Wink

Couldn't resist that ..sorry ..........not sorry Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic