FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2023-24 Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 62>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

What’s this Will Evans like then is he a lump, the exiles program seems to be working mainly pinching English (Welsh) lads it would be good if it had a more worldwide approach as Scotland has done very well getting Saffas in.

I saw that The Netherlands U17??? team was playing the Scarlets up in Llandovery I wonder if there were any discussions about a partnership there, as The Netherlands are trying to take Rugby more seriously.

Rugby is growing in The Netherlands for sure.
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 4:27pm

Will Evans a very impressive player and reminds me of Jake Ball and he his huge! And loves carrying the ball .
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 4:22pm

What’s this Will Evans like then is he a lump, the exiles program seems to be working mainly pinching English (Welsh) lads it would be good if it had a more worldwide approach as Scotland has done very well getting Saffas in.

I saw that The Netherlands U17??? team was playing the Scarlets up in Llandovery I wonder if there were any discussions about a partnership there, as The Netherlands are trying to take Rugby more seriously.

Shhh.. or the Ospreys will want to start playing their home games in Amsterdam, with season ticket holders getting 10% off the cost of a ticket or a free can of Heineken.
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 4:06pm

Will has the potential strong carrier only issue is 6ft 5” but they have some big props as well
The Netherlands game played last year as well there is a link with a Dutch family who attend LLandovery. Age grade rugby is growing in the Netherlands and some big boys.
The exile programme is dependent on players being registered on the programme which is a simple on line form (not very well promoted though) players if picked through the programme are then allocated a region if they don’t have a particular connection with one.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 3:13pm

When you think of the size of the Safas who came from Dutch stock, it certainly makes you think about that! 😉
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 3:08pm

scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 2:13pm
But 2 of the 3 exiles Will being one who signed for the academy last season their parents at from LLanelli. So yes through the exile programme but not tenuous links and both turned down premiership offers to come to Scarlets
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 11:11am
Whoever is finding these Welsh qualified second rows from exiled families deserves a whole lot of credit.
Morgan Jones, Jac Price and now Wil Evans. Although all 3 have some development left before they really start making a mark, we are now probably better off at second row than we have been for a while. Alex Ridgeway was also outstanding in the U18 v Cardiff U18. We were even scoring tries from mauls.
What the game proved to me, if ever there was any need to prove it, was that our backs play excellent running rugby when they get a regular supply of ball going forward
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Thanks everyone for the reports. Looks like something is stirring down at PYS with our next generation of talent. For a few years now we have been a little quiet at 20 level. Great to see a home produced second row making a mark consistently & the phrase " our forwards put Cardiff's to the sword" gives me a very warm feeling.

I understand that Scott Williams may have something to do with the coaching of this squad - if so - Scott keep up the good work. 
I’m saddened to say this isn’t entirely true, the boy has come through the Exiles programme(from Surrey) but has been with us for a year and involved with Wales U18.
These were our boys in the recent Wales 18’s camp;
Jac Pritchard - TH Prop, Llandeilo RFC
Will Evans - Lock, Cobham RFC
Keanu Evans - BackRow, Burry Port RFC
Alex Ridgeway - BackRow, Burry Port RFC
Dom Kossuth - BackRow, Kidwelly RFC
Steffan Jac Jones - Fly Half, Aberystwyth RFC

Scott Sneddon has been a massive influence since he’s arrived but probably the biggest cause of any positivity was the ‘mutual’ removal of Kevin George.
Can’t comment for all but the few I know feel a lot more relaxed and the message they’re getting is to believe in themselves and to play what they see. Given the score/try numbers we’ve seen from these last few games, I’m inclined to believe them.

One more game in this trial block v Ospreys, Wednesday 30th July, 7:15pm on the training pitch.
RAG competition usually begins end Dec/Jan, haven’t seen this years fixtures yet.

What’s Kevin George doing now ? 

Edited by reesytheexile - 26 August 2023 at 10:43am
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2023 at 3:44am

Thanks everyone for the reports. Looks like something is stirring down at PYS with our next generation of talent. For a few years now we have been a little quiet at 20 level. Great to see a home produced second row making a mark consistently & the phrase " our forwards put Cardiff's to the sword" gives me a very warm feeling.

I understand that Scott Williams may have something to do with the coaching of this squad - if so - Scott keep up the good work. 
I’m saddened to say this isn’t entirely true, the boy has come through the Exiles programme(from Surrey) but has been with us for a year and involved with Wales U18.
These were our boys in the recent Wales 18’s camp;
Jac Pritchard - TH Prop, Llandeilo RFC
Will Evans - Lock, Cobham RFC
Keanu Evans - BackRow, Burry Port RFC
Alex Ridgeway - BackRow, Burry Port RFC
Dom Kossuth - BackRow, Kidwelly RFC
Steffan Jac Jones - Fly Half, Aberystwyth RFC

Scott Sneddon has been a massive influence since he’s arrived but probably the biggest cause of any positivity was the ‘mutual’ removal of Kevin George.
Can’t comment for all but the few I know feel a lot more relaxed and the message they’re getting is to believe in themselves and to play what they see. Given the score/try numbers we’ve seen from these last few games, I’m inclined to believe them.

One more game in this trial block v Ospreys, Wednesday 30th July, 7:15pm on the training pitch.
RAG competition usually begins end Dec/Jan, haven’t seen this years fixtures yet.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2023 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

Saw on twitter that wales will play a game against the Scarlets, as a warm up. 

Can't  help but think Wales have just realised they have wasted their three  warm up games by not selecting their best test team in any of the fixtures as opposed to other teams who have deen building up impressively in order to peak for their opening fixtures, including Fiji who are far more advanced than us.
I see the point but I think he has been quite clever in the way he has handled the warm up games. We couldn’t put our best team out at any one time due to injuries and he basically played a scratch side against SA to see if anyone could shine in adversity.
Unfortunately not many did if any.
We will be fit enough but also not worn out by playing too much before the start of tournament. We have been quite lucky with injuries in the last three games the other teams still have some really big and draining games to come this weekend. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2023 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

Saw on twitter that wales will play a game against the Scarlets, as a warm up. 

Can't  help but think Wales have just realised they have wasted their three  warm up games by not selecting their best test team in any of the fixtures as opposed to other teams who have deen building up impressively in order to peak for their opening fixtures, including Fiji who are far more advanced than us.
Keep the faith
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2023 at 12:17pm
Good to see that we are using good experienced players to help our youngsters, obviously working. 
Let’s hope we can keep hold of the gems we are obviously unearthing. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2023 at 11:58am

Pretty much a whole new coaching team. Scott does just first phase/set piece attack ( and defence).
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2023 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Raised By Peregos Raised By Peregos wrote:

Although this will be good experience for some of the boys, I can't help feeling this is another chance for the Wales set-up to knacker our players before the season!!

You do realise that injuries can occur anywhere don't you? Could be in Scarlets training, Wales training, players walking on the beach....

The Wales coaches don't seek out to knacker our players intentionally. 
what beaches do you go to?Wink
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2023 at 6:41am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 62>
  Share Topic