Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2023-24 Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 606162
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 9:30pm

Scott Snedden doing an excellent job !  Going by the Scarlets under 18s performances this sea
son . 
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2023 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

Originally posted by Stradeyboyo Stradeyboyo wrote:

Evening all, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member! I've followed this forum for years and the wife keeps saying I spend so much time reading it, why don't I offer a contribution, so here goes! 

Having watched the Wales game last night, I noticed that 7 out of the starting 15 had come via the Scarlet academy and it got me pondering, what on earth has happened to Kevin George? I realise he's no longer with the Scarlets but he had a fantastic record of delivering young talent, as last night showed. Also our current squad is over 80% home grown, so given he didn't leave to take up a new post / role with another team, why was he released? 

There was a full review into the academy(nothing to do with new PRA), which started at the end of last season after complaints were received from players and parents regarding their treatment whilst with the academy.

Things like preferential treatment to those who went to Coleg Sir Gar, Not following procedures - each player is meant to have an individual game reviews during the week after each game, a sizeable amount weren't getting any feedback until the week of the last game (5+ game reviews in one) and then it was by someone who wasn't directly involved with them, 16 West coach doing U18 reviews etc.
One of the biggest issues was for those who were contracted, there's a break clause at the end of year 2, end of U18's Year 13, Uni application time. Players were being told in the October they'll be staying on for the full 5 years then after the last RAG game in Feb/Mar they were being called in and released. Which as you can imagine screwed over these boys who only applied locally because of what they were told.
Add to that there were issues with promising to help get players into Uni's specifically Swansea/Met and nothing being done. One case specifically, the Uni responding to a parent stating the player in question wasn't on the list the Scarlets provided prior to christmas.

Pretty sure everyone can fill in the gaps re Kev.

Best move for all concerned. The whispers had become deafening

Totally agree 👍 
locked out supertaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locked out supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2023 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

Originally posted by Stradeyboyo Stradeyboyo wrote:

Evening all, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member! I've followed this forum for years and the wife keeps saying I spend so much time reading it, why don't I offer a contribution, so here goes! 

Having watched the Wales game last night, I noticed that 7 out of the starting 15 had come via the Scarlet academy and it got me pondering, what on earth has happened to Kevin George? I realise he's no longer with the Scarlets but he had a fantastic record of delivering young talent, as last night showed. Also our current squad is over 80% home grown, so given he didn't leave to take up a new post / role with another team, why was he released? 

There was a full review into the academy(nothing to do with new PRA), which started at the end of last season after complaints were received from players and parents regarding their treatment whilst with the academy.

Things like preferential treatment to those who went to Coleg Sir Gar, Not following procedures - each player is meant to have an individual game reviews during the week after each game, a sizeable amount weren't getting any feedback until the week of the last game (5+ game reviews in one) and then it was by someone who wasn't directly involved with them, 16 West coach doing U18 reviews etc.
One of the biggest issues was for those who were contracted, there's a break clause at the end of year 2, end of U18's Year 13, Uni application time. Players were being told in the October they'll be staying on for the full 5 years then after the last RAG game in Feb/Mar they were being called in and released. Which as you can imagine screwed over these boys who only applied locally because of what they were told.
Add to that there were issues with promising to help get players into Uni's specifically Swansea/Met and nothing being done. One case specifically, the Uni responding to a parent stating the player in question wasn't on the list the Scarlets provided prior to christmas.

Pretty sure everyone can fill in the gaps re Kev.

Just being devils advocate, there must be very good reasons for all the above. Be nice to get the the side of the coin (not that we will of course)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 606162
  Share Topic