Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amanda Blanc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2022 at 10:43am
Malcolm Wall appointed as new chairperson of PRB four days ago.  Apologies if this is old news, I must have missed it.

Edited by greypower1 - 22 March 2022 at 10:45am
Keep the faith
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2022 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Malcolm Wall appointed as new chairperson of PRB four days ago.  Apologies if this is old news, I must have missed it.
Who is he and what sort of background?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2022 at 6:30pm
Bog noise at the quins, think he had a business in hong kong at one point. A cut above your current wru board tyoe. I met him once at a cricket function nice chap and knew his rugby if that counts for anything!

Edited by RR1972 - 22 March 2022 at 6:31pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Looks like the WRU’s tactic of say nothing and hope it’s goes away seems to have worked.

Isn’t there now a court hearing on this ?
Sorry not 100% on that.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2022 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Looks like the WRU’s tactic of say nothing and hope it’s goes away seems to have worked.

Isn’t there now a court hearing on this ?
Sorry not 100% on that.
think that is charlotte wathan womens team manager
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2022 at 4:32am
Cheers RR
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2022 at 10:11pm

The chief executive of Aviva has revealed the reasons behind her departure as chair of the Professional Rugby Board (PRB) and from the board of the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU).

Amanda Blanc told BBC Wales Live she was not listened to and that the WRU "needs modernisation".

She stood down in November 2021 after less than two years as chair of the PRB, which includes members of the WRU and each of Wales' four regional sides.

No explanation was given at the time. 

Speaking about her departure for the first time, Ms Blanc told Wales Live: "You like to do things where you make an impact. 

"If you feel that that isn't being listened to, you'll move on.

"Ultimately what I would say about the Welsh Rugby Union is that the governance needs modernisation. 

''You have two very distinct parts of the game - the community game and the professional game - and you know the professional game needs to have the appropriate governance for that."

Ms Blanc confirmed it was "absolutely" her decision and was succeeded as PRB chairman by Malcolm Wall.

When asked whether the WRU is beyond repair, she said: "I wish Malcolm well in his quest to do that but I do think change needs to happen."

Another key issue for Blanc was the other communities in Wales that want to play rugby. 

"Look at the women's game for example," she added.

"Taking that game seriously and making sure that gets the investment that's required. 

"I think those are all things that are perfectly within the gift of the Welsh Rugby Union to fix."

'Not dinosaurs'

When asked whether the WRU board was outdated or dinosaurs, Blanc replied: "I am not going to say they are dinosaurs because if you look at the Welsh Rugby Union there are two independent non-executives and I was the chair of the PRB. 

"But there were also many non-business background people on that and I think if you have a £100m revenue business you need the appropriate governance.

"Everybody needs to want to do that, one individual can't just do that. Everybody needs to see the need for change and want to change."

The PRB includes representatives of the WRU and the four Welsh regional teams, Scarlets, Cardiff, Ospreys and Dragons.

"I loved chairing the Professional Rugby Board," said Blanc.

"Working with the four regions in Wales, they are very professional individuals and we went through a tough time with Covid."

A WRU spokesperson said: "We continue to respect Amanda and thank her for her contributions whilst on PRB and the WRU board. 

"All aspects of the WRU's investment in rugby are hugely important; in addition, in line with best practice, the WRU will always keep reviewing its governance."

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2022 at 10:14pm
Nothing we don’t know but not really anything of note there
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 8:39am
We had a lucky escape. Aviva were a bigger mess of an organisation than the WRU.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 8:52am
No real bombshell news just what most of us have stated for many years. A £100m organisation run by amateurs. She was at pains to differentiate her experiences of the PRB & WRU which again says it all. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 9:20am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

We had a lucky escape. Aviva were a bigger mess of an organisation than the WRU.
comforting as i have a pension and insurance policies with themWink

Edited by RR1972 - 16 June 2022 at 9:20am
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 9:29am

In what way?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 11:28am

Are you for real? She is one of the most successful CEO’s in the UK.

Edited by scarletnut - 16 June 2022 at 11:29am
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 12:22pm
Next year? Bit of a long game that isn’t it? Tbh as depressing as this sounds. She is just going to confirm what we all know , possibly with some sexism and mysgony thrown in, which will surprise no one and alter nothing

Edited by RR1972 - 16 June 2022 at 12:24pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 4:39pm
Amanda Blanc (born 1967) is a Welshbusinesswoman who is the chief executive officer (CEO) of Aviva since July 2020.[1] She was previously CEO EMEA & Global Banking at Zurichand Group CEO AXA UK, PPP & Ireland at Axa. The first woman to chair the Association of British Insurers[2] and a past president of the Chartered Insurance Institute, she holds a number of non-executive roles . 

And on the other side of the table is Geography Bob the retired school teacher… She stood no chance! 🤨
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2022 at 10:47am
No secret sauce there. 

Saying ‘the womens game needs proper investment’ is the only ‘policy response’ I see in that statement but it’s nothing revolutionary. 

Would like to know if there was anything she pushed for that was ignored or rejected, but it sounds more of what more educated posters on here have been saying for a decade, amateurs in charge of a 100m business.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic