Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Autumn Internationals.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autumn Internationals.
    Posted: 14 October 2022 at 8:12am
I find myself wishing away time at the moment until the Scarlets selection becomes one based on form & fitness & not on an audition for team Wales. Pretty sad really.

Who will Pivac go with - will Halfpenny, Foxy & Ken get recalled? If selected will Foxy get any gametime with North, Tompkins, Halaholo & Watkin still fit. Is Ken a better bet as 3rd choice ahead of Dee, Roberts or Baldwin. 

With the shocking depth at 15 which we have known about for many years Halfers is in with a good shout of selection as well as McNicholl. 

Perhaps Dwayne has a cunning plan & the injuries to Rogers, Roberts & Baldwin are a smokescreen to keep them out of the sight of Pivac. Perhaps they will materialise magically for the Leinster game & the South Africa trip. With news about Biggar perhaps Costelow may go down with a mystery bug & miss tomorrow's game. 
Sponsored Links

Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2022 at 10:25am
If biggars a doubt id bank on 1/2p being selected and even starting with Liam Williams out. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2022 at 10:31am
Pivac loves ken and halfpenny both straight in to squad. Can’t see foxy or josh getting in,  conebeer is fifty fifty , costellow an outside chance. Jonny mac cawdor hardy elias and wyn all in for certain
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 4:35am

Interesting to see how many of the side that won a test in south africa will make the cut....Theres so many injuries too....Biggest question marks atm are 15, 12, 6 and 7

Probably nailed on if fit are, adams, LRZ, North, Biggar, tomos, Faletau, francis, Elias, rowlands, beard...

The battle for 15 is a concern ? Jmac ,who else? inside Centre? Willis/tomkins/watkins? props ? apart from francis, wyn jones/wainwright/thomas/carre? hookers elias / lake on bench maybe baldwin?

7? Tipuric/mogan/reiffel/basham?

6 ? basham/wainwright/moriarty?

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 7:42am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Interesting to see how many of the side that won a test in south africa will make the cut....Theres so many injuries too....Biggest question marks atm are 15, 12, 6 and 7

Probably nailed on if fit are, adams, LRZ, North, Biggar, tomos, Faletau, francis, Elias, rowlands, beard...

The battle for 15 is a concern ? Jmac ,who else? inside Centre? Willis/tomkins/watkins? props ? apart from francis, wyn jones/wainwright/thomas/carre? hookers elias / lake on bench maybe baldwin?

I see Pivac selecting the following for the NZ game barring any further injuries :-

15. Leigh 14. LRZ 13. North 12. Tompkins 11. Adams 10. Anscombe 9. Tomos

1. Thomas 2. Lake 3. Francis 4. Rowlands 5. Beard 6. Tschiunza 7. Reffell 8. Faletau

16. Owens 17. Wyn 18. Dillon Lewis 19. AWJ 20. Tipuric/Moriarty 21. Hardy 22. Sheedy 23. Watkins. 

15. Le

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 8:51am

Don’t forget Thomas Young who is more suited to the way Pivac wants Wales to play than Jac Morgan
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 8:53am
I think Halfpenny if fit will be a starter at 15.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 9:10am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Don’t forget Thomas Young who is more suited to the way Pivac wants Wales to play than Jac Morgan

Thats the million dollar question Steff  - how does Pivac really want to play?? The Scarlets coach Pivac would probably rate Tipuric & Young as his best 7 but the Pivac of the South Africa series where running & offloading were off the agenda its Reffell, Jac Morgan & lets not forget a resurgent Josh McLoud. We will see tomorrow. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 9:14am
As much as I like Josh, I think he is a long way behind the other 7s you mention there GPR. I hope he does get back to his best.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

As much as I like Josh, I think he is a long way behind the other 7s you mention there GPR. I hope he does get back to his best.

I agree with you Fscarlet but there were clear signs that Josh was on the up last Saturday. Of course he has a long way to go to get back to where he was but if he does he is a contender. What he has that the other two mentioned don't is size & decent pace. Jac & Reffell in fairness have proven very durable which in that position is a huge benefit. Its not a position, unlike 15,13,12, 10, 9 that Pivac should struggle to fill. 
Oracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 10:52am
Ultimately playing for wales is the ultimate for any player in wales ...when players swap sides they then give 100% for their newside ..however it doesn't matter what club you play for , waleswill allways be the ultimate for the individual.....
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 10:55am
Yeah 10 could become an issue if biggar is out and anscombe too? I assume its jarod next in time with a patched up patchell 4th choice?
15 the cupboard looks a bit bare, I see that jonah holmes has departed to ealing so technically is unavailable, so its jmac and maybe back to hapenny, how many games has he played since his comeback? 

Edited by roy munster - 17 October 2022 at 11:07am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 11:14am
Sheedy in the mix at ten or has his ship sailed?
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Ultimately playing for wales is the ultimate for any player in wales ...when players swap sides they then give 100% for their newside ..however it doesn't matter what club you play for , waleswill allways be the ultimate for the individual.....

And that, is the ultimate word on the subject ... LOLLOLLOL
Joshua24:15
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 12:41pm
I thought that Pivac saw Adams as the future 15 ? If so, North to wing, Jmac/Giles on the other.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2022 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I thought that Pivac saw Adams as the future 15 ? If so, North to wing, Jmac/Giles on the other.

So you would select Jmac or Giles ahead of LRZ?????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic