Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blackett to Edinburgh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 4:32am
Originally posted by barrysboy barrysboy wrote:

Diamond to coach Edinburgh until the end of the season

Until 'at least' the end of the season I think...

This effectively counts out Blackett. Diamond has first dibs.

We had made our approach to Blackett, it's now really about relocation and whether he wants to be effectively the 2IC. Hope he does. Looks a good fit for us and the players like/respect him.

Lofty has agreed to 'onboard' him this week...that should sort it (Oracle in attendance as his glamorous PA...now, try unseeing Oracle in a pencil skirt and lip gloss...I can't).

Edited by Wil Chips - 10 March 2023 at 4:33am
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 6:38am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

We had made our approach to Blackett, it's now really about relocation and whether he wants to be effectively the 2IC. Hope he does. Looks a good fit for us and the players like/respect him.

Lofty has agreed to 'onboard' him this week...that should sort it (Oracle in attendance as his glamorous PA...now, try unseeing Oracle in a pencil skirt and lip gloss...I can't).

That is a truly frightening thought - we are trying to keep Blackett aren't we??????
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 6:53am
If Blackett doesnt stay with us, as I woudl like...In my view he could be the perfect successor of Crowley in Italy staff
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 6:56am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

That is a truly frightening thought - we are trying to keep Blackett aren't we??????

For sure.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 9:35am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I only need 5 mins to convince him to stay.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 12:46pm
Heard Bristol.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 1:12pm

Would love to keep Blackett!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 1:46pm

That is key - you have some inside info here, so like the others I truly hope he can be persuaded to stay! The Scarlets, at least, don't have a 'hire and fire' mentality, if that sort of stability means anything to Blackett.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

That is key - you have some inside info here, so like the others I truly hope he can be persuaded to stay! The Scarlets, at least, don't have a 'hire and fire' mentality, if that sort of stability means anything to Blackett.

And yet if brighter lights and bigger wages are the prerequisite....we wouldn't begrudge him.....yet again I've always said if there are visions and your heart elsewhere and you don't want to stay....off you jolly well go. And thanks.

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 6:48pm
Blackett won’t stay I’d he has a head coach offer somewhere else, sadly
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 8:05pm

Impressive start! but turning over possession  or kicking away  is unacceptable. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 10:04pm

Can someone tell me is this approach going ahead ....I've got new shoes and the pencil skirt is really uncomfortable...can someone tell me I need to wear tights or go the full hog mog with suspenders and open crotchers 

Lofty pm me as I've lost the receipt Confused
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Can someone tell me is this approach going ahead ....I've got new shoes and the pencil skirt is really uncomfortable...can someone tell me I need to wear tights or go the full hog mog with suspenders and open crotchers 

Lofty pm me as I've lost the receipt Confused

It's safe .

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 9:46am
Darkened my day this has.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 9:47am

Darkened my day this has.

How do you think I feel keeping his dark secrets.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Blackett won’t stay I’d he has a head coach offer somewhere else, sadly

That is usually the caseWasp but interestingly Blair is leaving Edinburgh because he wants to go back to being a full time backs coach. He has given the head coach role a chance but finds the non coaching things like renewal & retention etc not as fulfilling. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic