Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bordeaux game at risk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 2:04pm
I hope we don’t have too many unvaccinated players. They’ll be unable to go.

We're still still here!
Sponsored Links

Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

We have a few according to Peel but should be ok - a bit telling though.

tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

France opens its border to UK holiday makers from tomorrow, no quarantine but must show negative test taken within 24 hours of departure.

Game on!

Its my understanding that Unvaccinated travelers still have to self isolate. Is that correct?

If so that would mean that any individuals in the Scarlets party who are not fully vaccinated will be unable to travel.

Those who are un-vaccinated must provide an essential reason as to why they are entering France.

ETA: Unsure if that means they have to self isolate.

The link to the BBC article is below. The concerning statement is that, Unvaccinated travelers need a compelling reason to travel and must still isolate for 10 days on arrival. Surely that would exclude any non triple jabbed Scarlets players and support team members from traveling to France?

Any of our intended travelling party who are not fully vaccinated and do not pass a test within 24 hours of travel will not be going to Bordeaux. That is pretty reasonable now that the silly 48 hour quarantine has been dropped. 
If that's the case anyone unable to travel shouldn't be paid for the time they are unavailable.  It's their right to be unvaccinated but I don't see why employers and colleagues should suffer as a result.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

If that's the case anyone unable to travel shouldn't be paid for the time they are unavailable.  It's their right to be unvaccinated but I don't see why employers and colleagues should suffer as a result.

That raises a valid point, some employers (Ikea & Next to name a couple) have said they won't pay sick pay for unvaccinated staff if they have to isolate as a result of contracting COVID.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 3:21pm

France opens its border to UK holiday makers from tomorrow, no quarantine but must show negative test taken within 24 hours of departure.

Game on!

Its my understanding that Unvaccinated travelers still have to self isolate. Is that correct?

If so that would mean that any individuals in the Scarlets party who are not fully vaccinated will be unable to travel.

Those who are un-vaccinated must provide an essential reason as to why they are entering France.

The link to the BBC article is below. The concerning statement is that, Unvaccinated travelers need a compelling reason to travel and must still isolate for 10 days on arrival. Surely that would exclude any non triple jabbed Scarlets players and support team members from traveling to France?

Any of our intended travelling party who are not fully vaccinated and do not pass a test within 24 hours of travel will not be going to Bordeaux. That is pretty reasonable now that the silly 48 hour quarantine has been dropped. 
Absolute nonsense they didn’t know the rules which change every day seemingly and can’t have three vaccines in 24 hours. We live in a free country people should have choice what to put in their bodies without fear of being punished if they don’t. 
I am fully vaccinated and believe in them but will fight for the rights of others to choose. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

[QUOTE=Fscarlet]France opens its border to UK holiday makers from tomorrow, no quarantine but must show negative test taken within 24 hours of departure.

Game on!

Absolute nonsense they didn’t know the rules which change every day seemingly and can’t have three vaccines in 24 hours. We live in a free country people should have choice what to put in their bodies without fear of being punished if they don’t. 
I am fully vaccinated and believe in them but will fight for the rights of others to choose. 

[/QUOTe

I don't want to make a habit of this Why but I tend to agree with you. Its a different matter if your contract specifies this but I doubt they do. In this instance not being able to take part is punishment enough.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 3:44pm

Game on!

Yep and to hell with the overstretched NHS staff who may have to mop their feared brows I assume? Sorry, I disagree and I will fight for the rights of the NHS workers over these selfish anti societal people (Just my opinion of course Embarrassed)  
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

”A couple” is what Peel answered when asked before the Ospreys match. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 5:31pm
For now I’d agree that unvaccinated players should still be paid but when the next contract negotiations come up the club would be well within their right to say that if an unvaccinated player misses a game because they are unvaccinated they won’t get paid. It would still offer them free choice, but emphasise that there are consequences to being unvaccinated. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 5:46pm

Game on!

My view is, we are currently in this sh1te mainly due to hospitals being full of unvaccinated people who are ill with covid. Why arent people angry with those people? I dont get it. I find it hugely frustrating to the point where I honestly feel, if you choose not to be vaccinated and get ill, you should pay for your treatment. Yes its 100% your choice, but there are consequences.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Game on!

My view is, we are currently in this sh1te mainly due to hospitals being full of unvaccinated people who are ill with covid. Why arent people angry with those people? I dont get it. I find it hugely frustrating to the point where I honestly feel, if you choose not to be vaccinated and get ill, you should pay for your treatment. Yes its 100% your choice, but there are consequences.
Drug addicts, alcoholics and smokers all to pay for their treatment as well I take it then. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

For now I’d agree that unvaccinated players should still be paid but when the next contract negotiations come up the club would be well within their right to say that if an unvaccinated player misses a game because they are unvaccinated they won’t get paid. It would still offer them free choice, but emphasise that there are consequences to being unvaccinated. 

NFL have gone a step further. If a game is called off due to an unvaccinated player(s) testing positive. The team with the cases forfeit the have to pay any lost income to the opposing club.
Net result is that agents are dropping unvaccinated players as they will become impossible to get a contract extension or transfer.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 5:50pm

Game on!

Drug addicts, alcoholics and smokers all to pay for their treatment as well I take it then. 
And rugby players?
We're still still here!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 6:16pm

Game on!

I share your frustration at the non-vaccinated. 

My reaction depends on whether I know the person or if it’s just an en-masse anti-vaxxer like Piers Corbyn.

One our best friends in France refused to be jabbed so he never went near a restaurant etc after 1st August. He died last week. He’d been ill for a while and didn’t really want to take his medicine. In turns, very frustrating, sad but ultimately his choice and we respected that.

Those that deny the virus’s existence and come up with all sorts of illogical reasons to avoid vaccination, I just don’t understand.

While freedom of choice should exist to a certain extent, if the use of that choice leads to persistently or extreme examples of bad choice, there should be sanctions.

While we might think supporting the Ospreys is not very logical, it is a choice that has little consequential impact. So a “go ahead if you really must” kind of choice and yes I know they’d say the same about us.

Someone who objects to the govt and goes about blowing up people and places or carries put random assaults and killings needs their choice punished heavily. 

Someone choosing not to vaccinate falls somewhere in between. Exercising that choice would have vastly differing consequences for them depending on their location. Wil and others could add some specifics to this. 

If the government insisted on a vaccine confirmation document for all restaurants, bars etc, the hospitality sector could carry on without fear of having to shut down. It would act as an incentive to weaken the resolve of the anti-vaxxers. 

Macron wants to turn the screw on the unvaccinated in France and has said so. Some other friends of ours over there have only recently got jabbed. Claiming it was anti Buddhist, which it may well be, to get vaccinated, they got fed up with not seeing their vaccinated friends nor going into a restaurant.

Calling into our local garage on the way home this pm, the owner’s son and wife recently got back from the Caribbean and have come down with Covid. They’re both vaccinated and are struggling with the symptoms. It’d have been even worse if they’d not been jabbed.

If the cabinet weren’t formed from such a narrow range of views and backgrounds, there’d probably be a harder line taken on the vaccine, or maybe not…………..
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 6:24pm

Game on!

Clap
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 7:02pm
There is a huge problem in the ethnic community with their religious leaders peddling anti vaccine material. My neighbour is a Muslim and unvaccinated because of the teaching in his mosque and is very confused about what to do. He also has a severely disabled daughter who can’t be vaccinated yet has to go to hospital regularly. Should he be castigated possibly but please look at the situation from others perspective before judging. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic