Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boris Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 110>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 2:54pm
Any idea when we can see our doctors again face to face? now that theyve got the urgent matter of the public being allowed to go to snooker matches perhaps we can see medical patients next? my health is nearly as important as snooker lol
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:55pm
This is truly and utterly appalling. Remember it any time the Tories claim to be the party of patriotism and for military veterans.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:17pm
Is everyone postal voting or going in person?
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:43am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

I'm going all the way to Hartlepool to cast my vote. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:03am

Going to the polling station tonight after work.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

dda iawn you must really want the tories out doc lol Tongue
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:24am

dda iawn you must really want the tories out doc lol Tongue

I went for the Monster Raving Loony Party's Incredible Flying Brick's policy on abolishing gravity. For too long gravity has held us back. We must fight to take back control and reclaim our sovereignty over fundamental forces. 107 other people in Hartlepool agreed with me.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 11:33am
Astonishing how Brexit seems to have hurt Labour (in Hartlepool, anyway) whereas the shambolic stop-start lockdown policies (which - avoidably - killed thousands of people ) has left Boris untouched...

...or maybe not so surprising when you look at the papers for the last couple of days, making it look as if England have won WW3 against France in Jersey (the truth is far more complicated than some 'win' for England, if anyone cares to research the matter)... this fuss kicked off just before the elections.

Was that a coincidence? I tend to think it wasn't. 
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 11:36am
I heard labour had a remain candidate in Hartlepool bashing brexit again? Typical. Do they want to lose?
PenScarlet44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PenScarlet44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:13pm

I heard labour had a remain candidate in Hartlepool bashing brexit again? Typical. Do they want to lose?
The Labour party are very dull , they no longer care about working class voters , go woke go broke
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by PenScarlet44 PenScarlet44 wrote:

The Labour party are very dull , they no longer care about working class voters , go woke go broke
 LOLLOLLOL
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:19pm

They no longer care about the working class? Most of their policies in the last election and the things they’ve proposed when in opposition have been about helping the working class, something the Tories will never do, save for a few token gifts. The results so far today have only cemented my opinion that if Wales wants a left wing government that will help the working classes in the next decade, we’ll only get it through independence.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:55pm

Unlike the Tories?

Look at the absolutely huge contracts awarded to their cronies over COVID - most of which were totally messed up by those private companies. That's how much they care about how they spend public money - they just see it as an opportunity to transfer taxpayers' money to their own mates. 

Come on!

Or just Google 'Private Eye', and take a look at their special report entitled 'Revolving Doors'.

(No party has a monopoly of good guys or bad guys (or gals) - but the current Tories are especially corrupt and obnoxious.)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

They no longer care about the working class? Most of their policies in the last election and the things they’ve proposed when in opposition have been about helping the working class, something the Tories will never do, save for a few token gifts. The results so far today have only cemented my opinion that if Wales wants a left wing government that will help the working classes in the next decade, we’ll only get it through independence.

Quite right.

If England want to go down the route of being dominated by Daily Heil thinking, good luck to them - I seriously believe that Scotland will be independent in 10 years or so. I do hope we go the same way, rather than be absorbed into the London octopus....
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 1:00pm
The party of the woking class?

I actually have no clue what this whole "woke" thing is about. What do people mean about it, particularly why do they dislike and even hate it so much? Is it over-prominence, high priority of issues faced by ethnic/other minorities (sometimes very small) in policy so the majority don't think it applies to their own situation/concerns/issues? Is it referring to a level of hyper-sensitivity that social media post-political correctness has brought us?
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 1:20pm

The party of the woking class?

I actually have no clue what this whole "woke" thing is about. What do people mean about it, particularly why do they dislike and even hate it so much? Is it over-prominence, high priority of issues faced by ethnic/other minorities (sometimes very small) in policy so the majority don't think it applies to their own situation/concerns/issues? Is it referring to a level of hyper-sensitivity that social media post-political correctness has brought us?
It’s a word whose definition usually changes depending on what side of the political spectrum you fall on (not to generalise, there will be exceptions).

It’s official definition in this context is “ “originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice”.”

It has, I think, been weaponised slightly by aspects of the right wing such as that lovable rogue Laurence Fox and affable easy going fella Toby Young. They tend to use it as a stick to beat anyone who uses it or aspires/seems to be ‘woke’, and they use it as a way to mock people who they believe to be “white knighting”, part of “cancel culture” or “victim culture”.

For me, being “woke” is noticing that there are groups of people that have/do had it worse than others for a long time, and trying to do something about it, or raise awareness of it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 110>
  Share Topic