Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boris Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 97>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2022 at 6:53pm
But but but he's "seen no evidence of blackmailing". Same as not being told going to a party was against his own covid restrictions, I suppose.

Edit. He did say "or hear". My apologies. Selective headline reading there.

Edited by dr_martinov - 20 January 2022 at 7:11pm
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2022 at 7:04pm
Just when he thought that things were dying down a little and that he’d probably bought himself a bit more time to save his job, this comes to light.
Even if Sue Grey (probably the most talked about person in Britain at the moment, except for Bojo himself) sets out what’s happened in Downing Street and stops short of implicating Bojo, I’m sure there will be more claims of wrongdoing/corruption/blackmailing by the end of the next week.  If he survives beyond this month then he’d have done really well.
There is also local elections in May, across Scotland, Wales and England, plus some city mayoral elections in England.  If he is still in position then and the electorate have had enough of the Tory party and show their annoyances on the ballot paper and they lose a lot of the seats that they currently have, then that should surely see the end of his premiership.
A very poor local election showing would get the Tory ministers very worried about the next general elections and their own positions within the government, and the backstabbing will begin
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2022 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Just when he thought that things were dying down a little and that he’d probably bought himself a bit more time to save his job, this comes to light.
Even if Sue Grey (probably the most talked about person in Britain at the moment, except for Bojo himself) sets out what’s happened in Downing Street and stops short of implicating Bojo, I’m sure there will be more claims of wrongdoing/corruption/blackmailing by the end of the next week.  If he survives beyond this month then he’d have done really well.
There is also local elections in May, across Scotland, Wales and England, plus some city mayoral elections in England.  If he is still in position then and the electorate have had enough of the Tory party and show their annoyances on the ballot paper and they lose a lot of the seats that they currently have, then that should surely see the end of his premiership.
A very poor local election showing would get the Tory ministers very worried about the next general elections and their own positions within the government, and the backstabbing will begin

The met are cherry  picking what tory corruption they're looking into.. theyre talking to the Tory mp troubleshooter alleging blackmail ,but still not investigating partygate...
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2022 at 5:14pm
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 4:43pm
ah so the cops now conveniently start a pretend investigation and kick the sue report into the long grass , so the whole charade gets dragged out even more months....what a stinking fudge. The met cops have 24/7 number 10 surveillance 365 days a year and know nothing of endless illegal parties for the past 2 years? meanwhile 20000 plus people have been fined or arrested for any such breaches. Anyone fined should appeal and take it back to court and say if bojo the clown gets off so should I

Edited by roy munster - 25 January 2022 at 5:10pm
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 9:52pm
What’s the chances that Cressida Dick will find nothing wrong or illegal,  because if she did, her own police force would have lots of questions to answer themselves.  Plus she’s been saved by Boris already this year; so owes him one.
This action just kicks the can a bit further down the road and delays everything and by Boris a bit more time.
Just enough time for yet more allegations of corruption, boozy parties (sorry I meant to say working meetings) to come out in the media.

Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 10:11pm
Urdd Gobaith Cymru's 100 birthday today. Surprised we didn't see Boris in his Urdd T-shirt - they say he's quite partial to a party.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 8:15am
A report into misconduct triggering a police investigation doesn't look good does it?

Johnson is on record saying there were no parties and that, if there were, he wasn't at them. Clearly both are lies. The issue here is a PM lying to the house and that nothing can actually be done as we rely upon "their integrity" to resign when caught or internal party maneuvering to remove them. 

The report has been finalised and can be reported, the Met have no objections.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 8:19am
Apparently the Met starting an investigation after being informed by Sue Gray which does not look great for Boris. Lets face it someone is going to leave their job as a result of this - Boris is battllng to make sure its not him. 
Kentexile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 9:52am
What doesn’t seem to have been picked up is that when some of the were they work events or were they parties were taking place the Covid rules in England at the time prevented people leaving home  and that included going to work unless it wasn’t possible to work at home. I can understand a few key advisors having to go in but most of the people at work in Downing St shouldn’t have been there as like most office based staff in London they should have been working at home never mind coming in for any sort of social gatherings.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 10:04am
I believe the actual chain of statements from the PM were as follows (I'm paraphrasing):

There were no parties.
If there were parties, I wasn't at them.
I was at them, but they weren't parties.
If they were parties, the rules were being followed.
I wasn't told what the rules were.

At every single point this has been a lie.

Whilst relatively small parties are trivial compared to corruption, it is a striking example of how Johnson and his Government are acting above their own laws, have lied to the HoC and public, and are a moral vacuum. I don't mean about their personal lives (as that shouldn't matter), I mean they have no professional ethics. It also shows just how unethical the Conservative Party are for ever putting a person like Johnson in this position with the inevitable results. I know a lot of Johnson's appeal is largely that he is a celebrity and our lust for constant gossip but it's ridiculous this man is Prime Minister, equaling that of Trump's election. The UK's international reputation is falling rapidly.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 10:18am
The party bit doesn’t bother me tbh. I’m more concerned with the mess he’s making of running the country, a job he is clearly not upto, get rid and get some one capeable in charge be they tory labour what ever
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 10:19am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

I believe the actual chain of statements from the PM were as follows (I'm paraphrasing):

There were no parties.

Whilst relatively small parties are trivial compared to corruption, it is a striking example of how Johnson and his Government are acting above their own laws, have lied to the HoC and public, and are a moral vacuum. I don't mean about their personal lives (as that shouldn't matter), I mean they have no professional ethics. It also shows just how unethical the Conservative Party are for ever putting a person like Johnson in this position with the inevitable results. I know a lot of Johnson's appeal is largely that he is a celebrity and our lust for constant gossip but it's ridiculous this man is Prime Minister, equaling that of Trump's election. The UK's international reputation is falling rapidly.

His endless lies and the lies of the fools that follow him have also totally undermined the govt messages during the covid crisis and our reaction to it including the test and trace debacle, isolation, lockdown rules , testing, covid contracts and vaccinations too etc Its hard to quantify the damage he has done on this and on the efficiency of his own govt. How much time have they wasted on covering for his endless lies , corruption and incompetence.  Whatever we have achieved with vaccines, testing , covid pills, isolation etc has all been achieved in spite of this clown not because of him. He has made this disaster worse at every turn. He is a moral vaccum he has no set of morals or principles, he doesnt have 1 single redeeming feature. In the name of God just go...
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 10:53am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

There were no parties.

His endless lies and the lies of the fools that follow him have also totally undermined the govt messages during the covid crisis and our reaction to it including the test and trace debacle, isolation, lockdown rules , testing, covid contracts and vaccinations too etc Its hard to quantify the damage he has done on this and on the efficiency of his own govt. How much time have they wasted on covering for his endless lies , corruption and incompetence.  Whatever we have achieved with vaccines, testing , covid pills, isolation etc has all been achieved in spite of this clown not because of him. He has made this disaster worse at every turn. He is a moral vaccum he has no set of morals or principles, he doesnt have 1 single redeeming feature. In the name of God just go...

Yes, exactly. If we behaved and performed as he did we'd lose our jobs. I think the vast majority of the public know this and this is why momentum is now turning against him. Although partygate is trivial, people can relate to it whereas the massive corruption where literally billions of tax payers money has gone to Tory cronies during a national crisis is an abstract figure that people cannot identify with, plus is shrouded in complex economics. Same goes for the second jobs scandal and other more personal failures of Johnson. These "cut through" (a horrible phrase which is basically summarising how little people care about massive failures of Government).
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 11:45am
The damage he has done is far reaching & will badly effect the way a future government can deal with another covid crisis. Just on a personal note I met, for the first time since covid, an old friend of mine with our dogs for a walk in Pembrey last Monday. She has been strictly isolating along with all her friends due to the fact that she is in remission from cancer. 

The vast majority of her friends & family would be very reluctant to follow any government lockdown instruction in the future. This outlook can probably me multiplied many thousands of times throughout the UK. 
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2022 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The party bit doesn’t bother me tbh. I’m more concerned with the mess he’s making of running the country, a job he is clearly not upto, get rid and get some one capeable in charge be they tory labour what ever

Not that I mean this personally wrt yourself RR, rather it's the sentiment that many in Wales share. In the last 40 or so years, we've had some truly awful governments in Westminster:

Thatcher - ripped up the post-war settlement and pursued the neo-liberal economics that have exacerbated inequality on an enormous scale.

Major - presided over one of the sleaziest periods in politics.

Blair - took the UK into disastrous military campaigns on a blatantly falsified premise.

Brown - let the banks get away with playing fast and loose. Even bailed them out thus setting up the austerity and cost of living crisis that followed.

Cameron - brought us austerity and hoplessly failed to make the case to remain in Europe leading to Brexit which, again, is contributing to the cost of living crisis.

May - weak, divided government whose only "achievement" was to make way for Johnson.

Johnson - corrupt, nationalist, authoratarian and incompetent.

I don't get the attraction with the UK. I really don't. With that track record does anyone genuinely expect better? I mean you just can't polish a turd can you? As the saying goes: vote for more of the same, expect more of the same.

If you want a better outcome for Wales, replace the UK.
If you want a better outcome for Scotland, replace the UK.
If you want a better outcome for England, replace the UK and reform your political system in order to break up the Tory hegemony in your country.
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 97>
  Share Topic