Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Boris Johnson
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Boris Johnson

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647
Author
Message
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2018
Location: Llundain
Status: Offline
Points: 1492
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 7:48pm
Isn’t there an Scottish / Welsh independence thread for this conversation. I prefer it when this thread is just slamming Boris Johnson for being a clumsy coward
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 14623
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 7:49pm
The number of staff needed  for a welsh dvla and land reg will be less than 10 per cent they need for the uk ones. Your kidding yourself
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 14623
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Isn’t there an Scottish / Welsh independence thread for this conversation. I prefer it when this thread is just slamming Boris Johnson for being a clumsy coward
fair point. He was worse than useless today!
Back to Top
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 August 2014
Location: Llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 2409
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The number of staff needed  for a welsh dvla and land reg will be less than 10 per cent they need for the uk ones. Your kidding yourself

I don't think so RR. The figures are publically available. I have looked at this before. The vast majority would be redeployed.
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
Back to Top
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 August 2014
Location: Llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 2409
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Isn’t there an Scottish / Welsh independence thread for this conversation. I prefer it when this thread is just slamming Boris Johnson for being a clumsy coward

Happy to shuttle over there if that's what people want Thumbs Up
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
Back to Top
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: Tycoch
Status: Online
Points: 12555
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 9:10am
A Spectator journalist has organised this website, where content is still being updated to current date:

Back to Top
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: Tycoch
Status: Online
Points: 12555
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 12:11pm
This is a really good article on the state of our political system and how dangerous it is so many simply don't care and now think such as things as "they're all as bad as each other" (with some justification):


It is geared towards the current regime, yes, but is a bigger issue than just the current government. 


Back to Top
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 August 2014
Location: Llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 2409
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

This is a really good article on the state of our political system and how dangerous it is so many simply don't care and now think such as things as "they're all as bad as each other" (with some justification):


It is geared towards the current regime, yes, but is a bigger issue than just the current government. 



That's a very good article. I know independence is being covered in another thread but this Johnson Govt, like the Major and Thatcher ones before, is such a motivating factor for Welsh Statehood. I am personally a liberal progressive - this govt is the complete opposite of everything I value politically ... but as you say it's more than just about Johnson. To me, the Tories represent a social, economic and political order that has shaped the UK. IMHO the most progressive thing we could do is dismantle the UK state and establish new national states and a confederation for cooperation. It should be a process of democratic renewal. It is desperately needed.
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
Back to Top
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2018
Location: Llundain
Status: Offline
Points: 1492
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 11:37am
A friend who works for a Labour MP told me that in focus groups time after time it comes out that - what most middle-lower class English voters want in a PM is a well spoken public school-boy that doesn’t hold them in contempt. 

At first I was really confused but then I go through all the elections in my lifetime and you start to see in all the Lab v Tory battles the loser seems to fail that - even to an extent when May lost ground to Corbyn that may well have been the heuristic many were voting with. 

One thing Blair did quite well was making it clear he didn’t resent them, even in the aftermath of the referendum - he is an arch remainer but I’ve never heard him say “the voters were stupid” or “the voters were racist” like many other high profile remainers.

Things like Gordon Browns Gillian Duffy moment, Ed Miliband not sacking Emily Thornbury for her White Van Man tweet and Jeremy Corbyns smearing associations with IRA / Iran seemed to cut through. 

So while all the Posh Etonians of Cameron and Boris are NOT men of the people, they obviously don’t give enough signals that they distain half the country. 

(They told me this is what they’re working on atm with Labour - trying to dispel the myth that they despise the working class)
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Back to Top
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: Tycoch
Status: Online
Points: 12555
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

A friend who works for a Labour MP told me that in focus groups time after time it comes out that - what most middle-lower class English voters want in a PM is a well spoken public school-boy that doesn’t hold them in contempt. 

At first I was really confused but then I go through all the elections in my lifetime and you start to see in all the Lab v Tory battles the loser seems to fail that - even to an extent when May lost ground to Corbyn that may well have been the heuristic many were voting with. 

One thing Blair did quite well was making it clear he didn’t resent them, even in the aftermath of the referendum - he is an arch remainer but I’ve never heard him say “the voters were stupid” or “the voters were racist” like many other high profile remainers.

Things like Gordon Browns Gillian Duffy moment, Ed Miliband not sacking Emily Thornbury for her White Van Man tweet and Jeremy Corbyns smearing associations with IRA / Iran seemed to cut through. 

So while all the Posh Etonians of Cameron and Boris are NOT men of the people, they obviously don’t give enough signals that they distain half the country. 

(They told me this is what they’re working on atm with Labour - trying to dispel the myth that they despise the working class)

And with that level of bias, as this statement describes class, accent and gender, my only conclusion is the "most" you mention is that they are severely prejudiced.

My views fit straight into someone they wouldn't vote for, sure, as I evidently hold people with such prejudice in contempt, but I am not running for government and it is the only conclusion made from that finding you describe. I personally don't think the solution is to find yet another well-spoken public-school boy who they are willing to vote for, but to actually improve political education in this country to the point that "most" of the English public do not automatically view someone well-spoken, male and from a public school as being equipped to lead.

Because, most clearly, they are not.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.