Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Carmarthen Quins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carmarthen Quins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carmarthen Quins
    Posted: 17 January 2020 at 11:18pm
Great win for the quins tonight against Cardiff. Down to 14 men after 8 minutes and still managed a bonus point win, and denied Cardiff any points.
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

Great win for the quins tonight against Cardiff. Down to 14 men after 8 minutes and still managed a bonus point win, and denied Cardiff any points.
Strong senior spine in the team including Scarlets ex and present helped but still a good win tbh đź‘Ť
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 1:10am
Gives hope to other teams that they can be caught.
Scarlets before Wales
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 12:31pm
Excellent win, despite harsh red card so early. Quins combined forward power with excellent kicking game. Scarlets tight-head Javan Sebastian played well as did full back Leon Randell. Leon still only 21 and may well be worth another go with the Scarlets in an emergency.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Excellent win, despite harsh red card so early. Quins combined forward power with excellent kicking game. Scarlets tight-head Javan Sebastian played well as did full back Leon Randell. Leon still only 21 and may well be worth another go with the Scarlets in an emergency.
Don’t think he ever played for Scarlets 🤔 He was an Rfc regular though and very decent player. I assume he went to Quins as better wages on offer as Llanelli don’t pay much and focus on the development opportunity to play for the Scarlets. Same for Dion now at RGC although he is from North Wales
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2022 at 5:15pm
Just got home from watching my first Quins game, though the Quins were good throughout set piece went well one scrum marching the Llanelli pack backwards and winning the penalty.

The Quins subs made a big difference putting in a workman like performance.

The scrum half’s were both good I’d say the Llanelli 9 Harri Williams edged the battle with strong box kicking and 1 tidy line break he looks a quality prospect.

Scarlets watch 

Llanelli 

Sam O’Connor made a great break and had good pace for a prop went backwards in a few scrums

Will Griff John not the dominate performance I’d expect from a player of stature looked at the right level here, went off injured 60 mins with what looked like a neck injury (I don’t think it looked too serious)

Morgan Jones physical throughout played the full game looked fit enough to be considered for the scarlets 

Ben Williams was very keen to carry and take the hard yards 

Harri Williams good controlled performance looks quality

Eddie James didn’t really set the world alight but did everything needed 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2022 at 6:00pm
Diolch for the update Realwest! I wish I could have gone, I’ve just got a few thousand miles to make up Cry
Boisbach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2022 at 8:29pm
Thanks for the update Realwest.

I am led to believe the Quins have huge injury problems to key players and have not won a game.

How can our RFC containing 10 or 11 players on Pro or development contracts lose to an average Quins side, who are not the side of old.

Big questions need to be asked of the setup.

Who coaches the RFC these days ? 
Llanelli1963 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelli1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Boisbach Boisbach wrote:

Thanks for the update Realwest.

I am led to believe the Quins have huge injury problems to key players and have not won a game.

How can our RFC containing 10 or 11 players on Pro or development contracts lose to an average Quins side, who are not the side of old.

Big questions need to be asked of the setup.

Who coaches the RFC these days ? 
because there academy is dog poo. 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2022 at 8:47pm
Yes quin's have massive injury list 

Think Phil John is on the coaching team 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2022 at 12:41am
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Phil coaches the RFC though 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2022 at 1:20am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Phil coaches the RFC though 

Sorry what I meant to say Phil John coaches the RFC is Paul fisher still there 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2022 at 10:55am
Looked like Tom Phillips was in charge of the RFC Phil John was there but definitely looked like Tom was calling the shots, I may be wrong but that’s what it looked like
Llanelli1963 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelli1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2022 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Looked like Tom Phillips was in charge of the RFC Phil John was there but definitely looked like Tom was calling the shots, I may be wrong but that’s what it looked like
yeah I agree. Hopefully he can be a bit more ruthless with selection too 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2022 at 9:54am
Can anyone say how young Caleb Salmon got on?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2022 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Llanelli1963 Llanelli1963 wrote:

Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

yeah I agree. Hopefully he can be a bit more ruthless with selection too 
He wasn’t at the RGC game- on the touch line and conferring behind him to coaching area. He is senior squad player and rfc captain but injured so playing a key role regardless with Phil . Despite our losses we are still reasonably placed in league compared to previous seasons. Long may it continue . Cardiff at Y Parc now on Tuesday 18 October. Cardiff are excellent team and combine ex Pro players like Fish and Morgan Allan and indeed players like Ollie Robinson in the team. The way to do it ! 

Edited by reesytheexile - 10 October 2022 at 10:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic