Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Club Shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Shop
    Posted: 27 July 2022 at 12:21pm
Interesting to see the Scarlets interviewing for a Club Shop Manager (on twitter).
Think this is very good news as it will appear the club will be running the shop and not like when Macron were in charge.
We may get a bit more variety of items and some staff who actually care about the shop/club.
Maybe some more variety in items like we use to have.

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2022 at 1:34pm
Agreed Turkish. It’s been embarrassing at times watching away fans come into the shop only to find very little choice, over priced, poor quality products. 
Hopefully someone will now take responsibility for making it a decent customer experience 
We're still still here!
EMGM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 6:36am
Good news if the club are going to have an active interest in the shop. I remember a time when it stocked anything and everything. Christmas pressies were easy..
 Dressing gowns.slippers pj's. Duvet covers.pillows.lamp shades.cuddly toys..towels.baby grows.bibs.all in one outercoats.all with scarlets logo. Cotton shirts.polo shirts.tee shirts 3 different styles of track suit bottoms. Ladies gear. Lightweight jackets.thick winter jackets and gilets. Hats. Caps scarves and gloves. Wallets.cuff links.watches.ties and tie pins. Pens.pencils.notebooks. signed photos of players. Rugby balls .books. engraved glass decanters wine glasses and beer glasses. I bought engraved shot glasses in presentation box for a scarlets mad nephews 21st. He still uses them today. Perhaps Will Chips could take early retirement and be head of merchandise. Would be great. HAPPY DAYS.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 7:34am
Originally posted by EMGM EMGM wrote:

Good news if the club are going to have an active interest in the shop. I remember a time when it stocked anything and everything. Christmas pressies were easy..
 Dressing gowns.slippers pj's. Duvet covers.pillows.lamp shades.cuddly toys..towels.baby grows.bibs.all in one outercoats.all with scarlets logo. Cotton shirts.polo shirts.tee shirts 3 different styles of track suit bottoms. Ladies gear. Lightweight jackets.thick winter jackets and gilets. Hats. Caps scarves and gloves. Wallets.cuff links.watches.ties and tie pins. Pens.pencils.notebooks. signed photos of players. Rugby balls .books. engraved glass decanters wine glasses and beer glasses. I bought engraved shot glasses in presentation box for a scarlets mad nephews 21st. He still uses them today. Perhaps Will Chips could take early retirement and be head of merchandise. Would be great. HAPPY DAYS.
May I wish you a welcome to Fever, albeit a most belated one although not quite as long as it takes the WRU to give the pro clubs their budgets.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 7:46am
Welcome EMGM, totally agree with your comments. could buy loads of different items and Christmas/birthdays etc was easy to get for!

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 8:00am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Welcome EMGM, totally agree with your comments. could buy loads of different items and Christmas/birthdays etc was easy to get for!

The leather luggage tags were brilliant. Great quality and a standout on the luggage carousel.

Still got one. The strap on the other gave out somewhere I didn’t notice Ouch

Loved the variety and hope we can get back to a much wider range that does actually sell and make the club a bit of money along with improving the visitor experience.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

The leather luggage tags were brilliant. Great quality and a standout on the luggage carousel.

Still got one. The strap on the other gave out somewhere I didn’t notice Ouch

Loved the variety and hope we can get back to a much wider range that does actually sell and make the club a bit of money along with improving the visitor experience.

Who is going to talk to Will ChipsWink
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 10:22am
Where is will chips? Hope he is back for the new season
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I have it on good authority that he working on his fitness ready for the Baz predictions next season. LOL
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I have it on good authority that he working on his fitness ready for the Baz predictions next season. LOL

haha lol....

That's another thread that used to be a good laugh was the welcome members thread....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

haha lol....

That's another thread that used to be a good laugh was the welcome members thread....
Perhaps it should be extended to a Welcome Back as well thread?
Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 10:06pm
Think I remember Wil took a step back from the negativity on here near the end of the season. Don’t blame him, hopefully he comes back with the new season. Always a good poster. 

I’m excited for the season. We showed some good promise under Peel, and I think there’s more to come.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Think I remember Wil took a step back from the negativity on here near the end of the season. Don’t blame him, hopefully he comes back with the new season. Always a good poster. 

I’m excited for the season. We showed some good promise under Peel, and I think there’s more to come.
Agreed 100%
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:50am
Originally posted by EMGM EMGM wrote:

Reading that I had a mental flashback to Bruce Forsyth's generation game conveyor belt challenge LOL

And you're right mate, it wasn't just the replica jersey at the start of the season, it used to be great going into the shop at Christmas knowing you could get a few big presents and also a few stocking fillers. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 12:51pm
had great items there as EMGM said. loved the car stickers and car smellies. slippers as well for relatives and just more variety of stuff. 
was easy for my family to get my presents for birthdays and christmas. just go to the shop!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic