Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Corona virus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Corona virus

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257
Author
Message
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 24653
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Although there are obviously going to be individual call outs, Wales sits 3rd in the world ( behind Israel and the UAE) in terms of % of the population vaccinated.

Also good to see admissions at all time low last week, case levels and infection rates at their lowest today ( 48 and 1.25% respectively) and our fatality numbers now averaging about 2-3 a day.

that is impressive stuff Clap
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 14318
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Although there are obviously going to be individual call outs, Wales sits 3rd in the world ( behind Israel and the UAE) in terms of % of the population vaccinated.

Also good to see admissions at all time low last week, case levels and infection rates at their lowest today ( 48 and 1.25% respectively) and our fatality numbers now averaging about 2-3 a day.


3rd in the world is simply awesome, Cymru am byth ClapClapClapClapClap
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 45481
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 13 minutes ago at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I genuinely can’t see how to untangle the travel web for any tourism this Summer.

If, as predicted and we seem in course to attain, the case levels/hospitalisation.fatality rate continue on the current trajectory it builds the clamour to get on the plane to somewhere sunny.

However when you look at the likely destinations, i.e. those that might have things under some degree of control ( and are willing to accept visitors of course) they are pretty limited.

It’s hard to imagine, that after what has actually been the longest and most restrictive lockdown anywhere in this pandemic, that the government would just throw all that away.

I’d advocate the other way of thinking...expand the red list to include countries that should rightfully be there, none of the top 4 countries with the highest case rates are currently on the red list, and accounted for over half the cases recorded yesterday ( India, USA, Turkey and France).

I’m a stay tough sort of guy. Easy to say I know.


250,000 cases in India yesterday. Also a ‘strain of interest’.

Red list?

Nah....

Shame really...I applauded the ( late) but tight red list regulation...however it shows how that I am twp in thinking it couldn’t include ‘ friendly’ countries.

Edited by Wil Chips - 14 hours 28 minutes ago at 2:03pm
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 14318
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 37 minutes ago at 1:54pm
The countries with the worst spread now all seem to be those with the lowest jabs per head
Bangladesh, Pakistan, a africa, India,indonesia, russia ,mexico, brazil..Followed by Turkey romania france italy germany also only around 25 per 100 had 1 vaccine.worldwide daily jabs are up to around 17 million a day now, 500 million a month, 6 billion a year
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 September 2019
Location: North Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 979
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 20 minutes ago at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I genuinely can’t see how to untangle the travel web for any tourism this Summer.

If, as predicted and we seem in course to attain, the case levels/hospitalisation.fatality rate continue on the current trajectory it builds the clamour to get on the plane to somewhere sunny.

However when you look at the likely destinations, i.e. those that might have things under some degree of control ( and are willing to accept visitors of course) they are pretty limited.

It’s hard to imagine, that after what has actually been the longest and most restrictive lockdown anywhere in this pandemic, that the government would just throw all that away.

I’d advocate the other way of thinking...expand the red list to include countries that should rightfully be there, none of the top 4 countries with the highest case rates are currently on the red list, and accounted for over half the cases recorded yesterday ( India, USA, Turkey and France).

I’m a stay tough sort of guy. Easy to say I know.


250,000 cases in India yesterday. Also a ‘strain of interest’.

Red list?

Nah....

Shame really...I applauded the ( late) but tight red list regulation...however it shows how that I am twp in thinking it couldn’t include ‘ friendly’ countries.
Boris is due to visit India at the end of the month to negotiate a new tread deal. Could be a complete coincidence of course...
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 45481
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 6 minutes ago at 2:25pm
Or that India produces over half the world’s vaccines perhaps.
Back to Top
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 September 2019
Location: North Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 979
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 52 minutes ago at 2:39pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

The countries with the worst spread now all seem to be those with the lowest jabs per head
Bangladesh, Pakistan, a africa, India,indonesia, russia ,mexico, brazil..Followed by Turkey romania france italy germany also only around 25 per 100 had 1 vaccine.worldwide daily jabs are up to around 17 million a day now, 500 million a month, 6 billion a year
Considering that there’s talk that people in the UK could require an autumn booster shot 2-3 billion people being vaccinated in a year doesn’t sound as promising as it still leaves a lot of chance for the virus to spread and mutate. It makes the refusal of the US, UK, and EU to support waiving the patents on the vaccines until supply can catch up with demand even more ridiculous. It increases the risk of another lockdown and serves no one’s interest except the pharmaceutical giants.
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Don't blink

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 21059
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 43 minutes ago at 2:48pm
Anyone contemplating going on holiday this year is hugely irresponsible. Holidays abroad should be banned to all countries. 
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 14318
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 59 minutes ago at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

The countries with the worst spread now all seem to be those with the lowest jabs per head
Bangladesh, Pakistan, a africa, India,indonesia, russia ,mexico, brazil..Followed by Turkey romania france italy germany also only around 25 per 100 had 1 vaccine.worldwide daily jabs are up to around 17 million a day now, 500 million a month, 6 billion a year
Considering that there’s talk that people in the UK could require an autumn booster shot 2-3 billion people being vaccinated in a year doesn’t sound as promising as it still leaves a lot of chance for the virus to spread and mutate. It makes the refusal of the US, UK, and EU to support waiving the patents on the vaccines until supply can catch up with demand even more ridiculous. It increases the risk of another lockdown and serves no one’s interest except the pharmaceutical giants.

Good points though theyre currently heading for 6 billion jabs a year, which covers the approx 5.2 billion adults for 1 jab.. But of course everyone will need 2 plus possibly the booster as you say. The point about patent waiving is a great one and should be headline news....Such a move could save tens of thousands of lives
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 14318
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 57 minutes ago at 3:34pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Anyone contemplating going on holiday this year is hugely irresponsible. Holidays abroad should be banned to all countries. 

Totally agree, these people should grow up. Weve got endless attractions at home just enjoy those till the covid clears , possibly by next summer


ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.187 seconds.