Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dai Davies R.I.P.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dai Davies R.I.P.
    Posted: 10 February 2021 at 12:42pm
Rest in peace Dai Davies Swans Legend

Former Wales goalkeeper Dai Davies has died at the age of 72, former club Swansea have announced.

Davies' career included spells with Everton, Wrexham and Tranmere as well as the Swans.

He earned 52 caps for Wales.

A tweet from Swansea read: "Rest in peace, Dai Davies. Everyone at Swansea City send their deepest condolences to the family and friends of former Swans goalkeeper, Dai Davies, who sadly passed away following his battle with cancer. Once a Jack, always a Jack."

Davies, who was born in the Welsh mining village of Glanamman, began his career at Swansea before joining then league champions Everton in 1970. He made 82 appearances over seven seasons for the Toffees before moving to Wrexham in 1977.

He later returned to Swansea and had a spell as player-coach at Tranmere before retiring.

Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 2:20pm
A Wales football great - RIP, Dai.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 4:36pm
great player,his brother tommy was a much feared traffic cop in ammanford.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 6:52pm
I enjoyed listening to him as a pundit.    Part of the Swansea team that  played in the Swansea  team  that played in the first division.  Cysgan dawel Dal.  
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 7:38pm
Top pro and iron tough. He put smiles on many people’s faces.

It’s a reminder that we need to make the most of however long we have left on this mortal coil. As is the story of Dave Everton’s early departure. 

I met him through work. His reputation was deservedly equally glowing as the tributes to him from the rugby world.

Special sorrow for the demise of another thinker of our sport.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 10 February 2021 at 7:42pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 9:19am
Met him during a tour of the vetch when i was a wee bairn in the early 80s when swans were flying high at the top of the league, I cant remember the details I just remember it was the most exciting day ever meeting the swans legends of the day curtis, davies, james, latchford etc Big smile
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Met him during a tour of the vetch when i was a wee bairn in the early 80s when swans were flying high at the top of the league, I cant remember the details I just remember it was the most exciting day ever meeting the swans legends of the day curtis, davies, james, latchford etc Big smile

Really?

From your views, I thought you were even older than me (born 1948!).

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Really?

From your views, I thought you were even older than me (born 1948!).

lol Old head seeLOL
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic