Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Disgrace to the shirt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jump-Jive-Bri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:23pm
The players probably do look in the mirror every week, and say who gives a ---------!  Iam still getting paid.
Sponsored Links

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by brookesford brookesford wrote:

Originally posted by Turkish Fez Turkish Fez wrote:

Originally posted by Oneeyedturk Oneeyedturk wrote:

bit harsh to pick on one player fez, think the whole team were on the back foot and that takes it out of you but i am a big fan of JD and think it was a collective nightmare on tv they highlighted Dan Evs poor positioning but think they just played poorly tactically throughout

Sorry I was not trying to have a go at JD solely about tonight but in general his conditioning without the ball was woefull and I was just asking if this is apparent in other games for the Scarlets or the semi pros. In BOD he was against class but he is not renowned these days for his pace. That being said BOD is one of those quality players where speed of thought is always worth a couple of metres in attack, and in defence when their line was breached i didnt see him trotting with everyone and his uncle running past him. Rant over. Please tell me im wrong as he is one of shining lines for the future or so I have been led to believe. 

And the Bold is correct, led to believe. I'm having a go at him, he was pathetic in Defense and caused all sorts of problems because he didn't know what day it was. I've opened said on here that he's overhyped, just like Roberts. He's like a carthorse, slow, out of shape, and a crash ball donkey, can't pass, can't kick, can't tackle.

Alun I hope you're right about D'arcy because this guy needs to go back to the SEmi pros to learn his trade.

Let's be honest there weren't any positives tonight. But to suggest that JD is a crash ball donkey who can't pass, kick or tackle is crazy.
He was way below par tonight, but so was everyone else!

Out of shape?

On that score you are having a laugh, considering you rated madden so highly!

Edited by redeyes - 08 May 2009 at 10:30pm
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by McQ McQ wrote:

Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

We get a bit carried away with some of the kids.

And that is exactly what many of them are, and that's not to disrepect them, their abilities or efforts, but to put youngsters against a mature, hard nosed and tails up team like that, well, it was only ever going to go one way.

They will learn from it, once the bruises have healed, but it's a tough lesson to put them through.

And taking yet another beating is surely gonna turn them into Heineken Cup winning players isn't it?........................NOT!
Bring on The New Season
brookesford View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookesford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:38pm
 Let's be honest there weren't any positives tonight. But to suggest that JD is a crash ball donkey who can't pass, kick or tackle is crazy.
He was way below par tonight, but so was everyone else!

Out of shape?

On that score you are having a laugh, considering you rated madden so highly!
[/QUOTE]

Redeyes, if you've watched JD last season and this season you'll know this isn't the 1st time he's been made to look like a fool. Actually did you see him playing for the Semi pros at the beginning of this season? You'll know that everything I've said is true. We all know he can't kick, Nigel has even said it in the press. His passing is abysmal at times and for a 'lion in the making' that's just not good enough and the tackling has already been mentioned by more than just myself.

Out of shape, I believe he is because he runs around like a tight head prop not a centre. Agree?
Do you think Martyn Madden would marry me?
Sant View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:41pm
Dont blame trhe coaches - Blame Kirby - Hes desemated the squad by getting rid of useful players before the end of the season.
Then raise the scarlet standard high.
Within its shade we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here.
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Sant Sant wrote:

Dont blame trhe coaches - Blame Kirby - Hes desemated the squad by getting rid of useful players before the end of the season.

You are making yourself look very silly writing posts like that.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 12:18am

why is there such hatred for kirby sant???

neither of the 4 players released this season would have helped on that field... i've seen kids play better, structured rugby than the scarlets tonight.

yes you can't blame coaches for missed tackles etc... but you can blame coaches for lack of defensive preparation, a very very limited gameplan and a complete waste of resources and facilities on a team that is nowhere near fit enough to play rugby at this level..

these you can blame the coaches on. Kirby answers to the board and as interim CEO then he will moreso than what gallacher had too.

we are a team of average players being coached by below average coaches. now i can't see kirby getting in depth coaching with the team, or checking footage of your next opposition...

I actually do hope we end up out of the HEC next season....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 12:20am
Ystradgynlais U14's played better in their Ospreys Cup Semi final the other week than the Scarlets played tonight, I sware.

Edited by Alun - 09 May 2009 at 12:20am
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 12:22am
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

why is there such hatred for kirby sant???

neither of the 4 players released this season would have helped on that field... i've seen kids play better, structured rugby than the scarlets tonight.

yes you can't blame coaches for missed tackles etc... but you can blame coaches for lack of defensive preparation, a very very limited gameplan and a complete waste of resources and facilities on a team that is nowhere near fit enough to play rugby at this level..

these you can blame the coaches on. Kirby answers to the board and as interim CEO then he will moreso than what gallacher had too.

we are a team of average players being coached by below average coaches. now i can't see kirby getting in depth coaching with the team, or checking footage of your next opposition...

I actually do hope we end up out of the HEC next season....

Sant is probably trying to point the finger of low moral on Kirbys management style, or lack of it..
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 2:35pm

Kirby is an intermin CEO.

He's implementing the decisions of the Board in that respect. Pointless, and wrong, blaming him.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Kirby is an intermin CEO.

He's implementing the decisions of the Board in that respect. Pointless, and wrong, blaming him.

here here Mike, there is no way that Kirby would make the decisions to release those players without the authority of the board.

useless blaming Kirby...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

here here Mike, there is no way that Kirby would make the decisions to release those players without the authority of the board.

useless blaming Kirby...

It isn't even Kirby making those decisions and then getting Board authority.

It's the Board making those decisions and getting Kirby to implement them.

A catalogue of bad decisions going back 4-5 years by many individuals has got us into the current mess.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 2:54pm
Is anyone making decisions, is there any one out there, if i was the main man, Nigel would be gone, simple, failure is not a business requirement, no excuses, the zombies must act, put him out of his misery.

At least Nigel can see this coming, Phil was taken up the garden path big style, you set a precendent, you live by it,
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic