Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edinburgh v Scarlets match thread...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Put me straight on my concerns about his fitness.

In all fairness Wil he put a few of us straight. Rock solid at scrums and he made some very heavy hits around the fringes. Also didn't see him do a Barry John impression all afternoon. 
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 1:42pm
Lots of we supporters, including alot on here, are far too quick to judge a player on too short a performance. For a player coming back from a long term break(normally an injury but not in Pieter's case), or for a player who is stepping up a level (either into pro rugby or international rugby), they rarely hit their peak level immediately. It can take months for their full form to appear.

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Will leave this up for a week

Ian can this fantastic game be shared on Facebook and Twitter🇹🇷🇹🇷🇹🇷
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 2:29pm
Word of praise for dan jones. Passed well and hAd a v good game👍👍
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Will leave this up for a week

Ian can this fantastic game be shared on Facebook and Twitter🇹🇷🇹🇷🇹🇷
Yeah go for it
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 3:41pm
  Cheers Ian!!! 
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 3:56pm
That last play was something else. After phase upon phase of having to tackle, we then see Darcy Graham get the ball just inside his own half. Graham is a class player, very fast.

He beats our cover and runs to about 7/8 metres from out tryline, I'd say, until a great tackle from Angus O'Brien puts him into touch, but not before he manages to keep the ball live.

In the subsequent breakdown (which Angus, after making the match saving tackle, gets up and into) we turn the ball over, Dane Blacker kicks it out & we win.
The roof nearly came off in our house.
Fantastic win. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

That last play was something else. After phase upon phase of having to tackle, we then see Darcy Graham get the ball just inside his own half. Graham is a class player, very fast.

He beats our cover and runs to about 7/8 metres from out tryline, I'd say, until a great tackle from Angus O'Brien puts him into touch, but not before he manages to keep the ball live.

In the subsequent breakdown (which Angus, after making the match saving tackle, gets up and into) we turn the ball over, Dane Blacker kicks it out & we win.
Fantastic win. 
AND you didn’t have to pull that renown 1 point out of your bag either 😉
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Fantastic win. 
I know a bloke in tirydail barry.LOL
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

A tremendous victory. Was it perfect? Far from it. Weak officiating again but that's nothing new anymore.

Very well taken tries scored. Tremendous character, discipline and defence in the last 5mins. A real team effort that should be applauded. 
3rd choice front row held up very well. Even the bench front row who were 4th/5th maybe 6th choice players in front row who again held up well at the set piece.

Kalamafoni was absolutely brilliant again. 
Dane Blacker in my opinion has developed a lot this season.
Steff Hughes was playing well big shame about his injury we missed him when he went off.
Great to see Johnny Mac looking dangerous again. 

I thought Blain had a great game to be fair especially in the last 4 mins when I know a few refs who would have been itching to give a penalty.

Edited by supertaf - 01 March 2021 at 2:24pm
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

A tremendous victory. Was it perfect? Far from it. Weak officiating again but that's nothing new anymore.

Very well taken tries scored. Tremendous character, discipline and defence in the last 5mins. A real team effort that should be applauded. 
3rd choice front row held up very well. Even the bench front row who were 4th/5th maybe 6th choice players in front row who again held up well at the set piece.

Steff Hughes was playing well big shame about his injury we missed him when he went off.

I thought Blain had a great game to be fair especially in the last 4 mins when I know a few refs who would have been itching to give a penalty.
all I ask for in a ref is consistency. He was officiating both sides differentlly. Credit to him for the last 5mins but 75 mins was very inconsistent.

For instance, telling Sam Lousi to leave the ruck...they scored. 
We went on a maul and he never told their players to leave the ruck... In the end Blacker went down the touch line but a penalty should have been given. 
Continually penalising scarlets for being on wrong side... Felt a fair few was harsh, I don't believe he picked Edinburgh up once on it despite some instances interfering with Blacker on pick up. 

As I said, all I want is consistency to both sides. That I thought was severely lacking until the closing stages of the game. 

Far from great from the ref in my opinion but each to their own.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

all I ask for in a ref is consistency. He was officiating both sides differentlly. Credit to him for the last 5mins but 75 mins was very inconsistent.

For instance, telling Sam Lousi to leave the ruck...they scored. 
We went on a maul and he never told their players to leave the ruck... In the end Blacker went down the touch line but a penalty should have been given. 
Continually penalising scarlets for being on wrong side... Felt a fair few was harsh, I don't believe he picked Edinburgh up once on it despite some instances interfering with Blacker on pick up. 

As I said, all I want is consistency to both sides. That I thought was severely lacking until the closing stages of the game. 

Far from great from the ref in my opinion but each to their own.

Some good points but from that god help the rest LOL
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
The Predator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 4:46pm
See Joe Roberts has gone on loan for 2 months
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by The Predator The Predator wrote:

See Joe Roberts has gone on loan for 2 months
That’s a good move. Hopefully we can get our other older academy boys some game time in the Championship. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 5:01pm
Excellent move for Joe Roberts.

Tomi Lewis and Sam Costellow both had successful stints there under Turner. 
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 7:11pm
Heard rumours another of our older academy boys/younger squad players is off to Nottingham and will be confirmed in the next few weeks.. not sure if it’s a loan or a permanent move.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic