Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Energy crises

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2023 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I'm not saying the B word in February..Val had a dry January and my challenge is no ranting on line anywhere about the B word ......it's killing me Cry

LOL  I was thinking it's because we have an economy and politics riddled with vested interests bleeding us dry ... but I guess that has a neat symmetry with the B word in itself!
Sponsored Links

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2023 at 8:14pm
Your taunting is worse than dry January LOL
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I'm not saying the B word in February..Val had a dry January and my challenge is no ranting on line anywhere about the B word ......it's killing me Cry

I feel your pain Oracle but admire your fortitude. March will be with us soon enough then you can fill your boots.LOL
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 8:49am
WinkLOL
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 8:54am
Which B word are we talking about? Boris?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 9:32am
Weird how EDF run 5 UK nuclear power plants (and will own Hinkley point C) and they're 84% owned by the French Government, soon to be 100%. 

Let's hope we don't piss them off, eh?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 9:51am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Weird how EDF run 5 UK nuclear power plants (and will own Hinkley point C) and they're 84% owned by the French Government, soon to be 100%. 

Let's hope we don't piss them off, eh?

Yes another totally mindless decision. Why would anyone compromise National security in such a way? The French have some form on this of course threatening to cut Jersey's energy supply during the fishing quota debate. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 10:33am
If it were up to me I'd have every building in Wales assessed for microgeneration and install whatever kind of renewable electricity generator is appropriate AND insulate as much as possible off the back of government grants as far as possible. On top of that I'd look at initially any lithium mining/processing we can do here in Wales but look to move beyond that by developing better battery tech - sodium ion and iron-air batteries might offer what we need in the future. Put a domestic scale battery in every home and scale up for businesses/industry. One thing we could also do here in Wales is managed forestry coupled with hydrogen generation from surplus supply to create synthetic hydrocarbons via the Fischer Tropsch process. Could run our public transport on it.

We could be entirely energy self sufficient in Wales with no reliance on fossil fuels or nuclear. What an advantage that would be! There's enough resource here to generate a surplus.

Right - independence and make me Tywysog Cymru! LOL
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 10:35am
I see this governments policy to sell off everything , so out of work ministers can have some meaningless made up position and earn a huge amount of cash on the side ....imagine someone who comes to your house and then starts to sell off or give away all your belongings 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic