Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

England V Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: England V Ireland
    Posted: 12 March 2022 at 7:42pm
Having watched Ireland batter England at home 4 tries to nil, I couldnt help but wonder what game the nearly all England panel were watching?

Dallaglio has surely got to go, the man is a one eyed joke always has been, then bayfield, woodentop the jazzy ITV alan partridge style presenter woeful, Wilkinson is marginally better. Apparently England were superb, heroic and brave and will be unchanged to gate crash the parisian grand slam party?

They lost at home 4 tries to nil and now head for their 6th six nations defeat in 10 games, hardly world beating stuff?
The scrum was a total mystery, the ref pinged Ireland throughout as the England 7 man scrum wheeled for 79 minutes. This is literally the only thing than kept England alive. 

Meanwhile the irish did get away some big hits at the rucks, the rules there seem more ambiguous than ever?

sir duckling tuft
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Having watched Ireland batter England at home 4 tries to nil, I couldnt help but wonder what game the nearly all England panel were watching?

Dallaglio has surely got to go, the man is a one eyed joke always has been, then bayfield, woodentop the jazzy ITV alan partridge style presenter woeful, Wilkinson is marginally better. Apparently England were superb, heroic and brave and will be unchanged to gate crash the parisian grand slam party?

They lost at home 4 tries to nil and now head for their 6th six nations defeat in 10 games, hardly world beating stuff?
The scrum was a total mystery, the ref pinged Ireland throughout as the England 7 man scrum wheeled for 79 minutes. This is literally the only thing than kept England alive. 

Meanwhile the irish did get away some big hits at the rucks, the rules there seem more ambiguous than ever?

Well one thing England did get right was playing the ref. They destroyed the Irish scrum whether legally or not but destroyed it they did. England's back play is very limited despite all the bull...t talked by Jones. If France turn up next week & raise their game well above the Wales effort they should win comfortably. I don't see them beating up the French scrum. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 7:58am
A question re the 2nd Irish “try” - the one that was disallowed.

The ball is on the ground in the ruck and Itoje plays the scrum half by grabbing his arm. The resulting decision ends up being a knock on. 

Is that allowed and correct, or some dark ruck art that Itoje got away with? I’m guessing the former as no one has mentioned it.

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The ball is on the ground in the ruck and Itoje plays the scrum half by grabbing his arm. The resulting decision ends up being a knock on. 

Is that allowed and correct, or some dark ruck art that Itoje got away with? I’m guessing the former as no one has mentioned it.

Apparently it depends on whether the ref believes the ball to be out of the ruck. Itoje can then legally attempt to tackle the 9 leading to a knock on. For me its an infringement.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 8:17am

So having rubbished / decimated 😉 the entire ITV team which is always the easy part , who would you choose then to present ?  I do find Lol a bit one eyed and he seems to pop up everywhere. His constant leg twitching on BT rugby is more annoying than what he says!

Edited by reesytheexile - 13 March 2022 at 8:57am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 8:18am

I thought it was a good test match and had it been wales playing you would probably be chucking every rorke's drift superlative you could think of,ireland were rattled and fair play to england for that and 2 of the tries in the "battering" came in the last 10 minutes when england were very tired just like the scarlets were on friday night,agree about dallaglio though he's a poor pundit.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 8:32am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I thought it was a good test match and had it been wales playing you would probably be chucking every rorke's drift superlative you could think of,ireland were rattled and fair play to england for that and 2 of the tries in the "battering" came in the last 10 minutes when england were very tired just like the scarlets were on friday night,agree about dallaglio though he's a poor pundit.

I wish Lawes and Otogie were Welsh ! And yes England were superb and the Irish scrum even with Nowell as flanker just walked through.Lot of wheeling pens  though which suggested that some trickery was at play?

Edited by reesytheexile - 13 March 2022 at 8:36am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Yes if the ball is lifted it’s out of the ruck and open play so you make a tackle. Healy did similar to george from a maul on englands 5 metre line good play but if you mis time ut, it’s a pen and possible yellow

Edited by RR1972 - 13 March 2022 at 8:45am
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 9:40am
After the Red card at the start of the game Ireland ended up with a very lightweight  second row combination of Bernie and Henderso, both great  around the field but lacking in genuine scrummaging grunt.  I think this was a major factor  in their scrum woes.
Keep the faith
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 9:47pm
Fact is , the red was entirely justified and the english players fault entirely, absolutely reckless. I was perhaps a tad mean in not offering some praise for the English pack keeping the game competitive for nearly an hour. But I dont go with the english hype from their media or their nearly always nearly all english panels. I feel sometimes wales as the tiny nation always gets under rated purely due to its size and the size of the media hyping up england. sometimes this hype effects us negatively, especially at twickers imo where it seems to take us half an hour to realise England are not a great side. 
sir duckling tuft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic