Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English cricket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2022 at 12:08am
A bizarre game to say the least !
I stood yer on tanner bank
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2022 at 5:46pm
bizarre but exciting, this is  50/50 contest now
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2022 at 1:21pm
Great win in all fairness. I remain unconvinced about the new approach but you cannot argue its getting results. As always the acid test will be the ashes - send the Aussies packing & I will be a convert. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2022 at 1:36pm
That is why test cricket is the greatest format of the game. Well played england
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 2:26am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

That is why test cricket is the greatest format of the game. Well played england

Well said RR.. totally engrossing contest today.
Its real cricket not contrived nonsense like the hundred played by mercenaries.
I am a Glamorgan member, but wouldn't go across the road to watch Welsh Fire (with or without a Welshman).

Well done England !
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 6:14am
Best cure for insomnia you can get Wink
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 7:57am
Another epic test match on a docile pitch in front of a packed crowd...Stokes has already won the world cup in 20/20, 50/50 and some awesome ashes displays...As skiper he is taking some chances, but at the moments hes got the midas touch, as you say lets hope it continues into the ashes summer next year
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 9:57am
Well done England - pace bowlers in particular for keeping going in extreme heat. Anderson at 40 is a revelation. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 10:34am
On the backof a good win at Parc yesterday,  so good today to get up and learn  England had won the test and series.
I played cricket until I was in my 40'sConfused, and as a Glam member  watch a fair amount  of cricket, but I can never remember  winning  two tests in Pakistan before. 

The transformation  of Stokes and McCulum's leadership is remarkable, an absolute  joy ! 
Team playing without fear,and tempering aggressive  play, without being reckless.
There was a school of thought to introduce  Brook, last summer,  but now he really  burst on the scene, and has massive potential. 
Hope they can go on and win win in Karachi, which would then  mean a 3-0 series win..unheard of on sub- continent. 
Thoughts must soon go to next summer and the ashes.
A mouth watering prospect, particularly  with two of our Glam players Marnus L, and Michael Neser playing for aussies!

On top of the 20/20 triumph  its a great  time,and hopefully  can continue. Test match cricket is the pinicle really,and this series  proves how  exciting  it can be!
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 12:20pm
Went to parkistan a few years ago and couldn't believe how nice the place is...After traveling in India the previous year , the biggest shock to anyone travelling from the airport to Karachi is how clean it is ...no ghetto shacks , in fact it looks more like a European city like Berlin and the people were nicer and less in your face  ....it's generally a lot cooler to ...totally pleasant shock ...so saying what I have I am gutted for them in losing to the saes ....I know my friend siphal will be upset with the result 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Went to parkistan a few years ago and couldn't believe how nice the place is...After traveling in India the previous year , the biggest shock to anyone travelling from the airport to Karachi is how clean it is ...no ghetto shacks , in fact it looks more like a European city like Berlin and the people were nicer and less in your face  ....it's generally a lot cooler to ...totally pleasant shock ...so saying what I have I am gutted for them in losing to the saes ....I know my friend siphal will be upset with the result 
Always a regret that I never managed to visit there and umpire on Pakistan soil during my hockey career.

I umpired them stacks of times, including against India and always enjoyed it. Superb skills and talent.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 2:23pm
The big cities in pakistan are very modern the rural areas are very poor and very dangerous. I understamd the swat valley is a lot safer now and is supposedly full of lovely scenery but i wouldn’t take the risk of going there. Good finish to the game today  rare ocassion the 4th innings was the highest score of the game. Wood is a real top bowler he just needs to stay fit
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The big cities in pakistan are very modern the rural areas are very poor and very dangerous. I understamd the swat valley is a lot safer now and is supposedly full of lovely scenery but i wouldn’t take the risk of going there. Good finish to the game today  rare ocassion the 4th innings was the highest score of the game. Wood is a real top bowler he just needs to stay fit

Yes I agree about Wood. The strain on the body of bowling 90MPH+ is awesome. His extra pace probably won it for England. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 2:42pm
If him and archer are fit england win the ashes imo
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 9:20pm
Forgetting the cricket for a min, its fascinating  to hear the experiences  of Oracle ,Eastern Outpost, RR.
I have never been to Pakistan or India, but would love to visit.
It's the great thing about the forum, it's great to learn things !
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 12:07pm
Anyone listening to the cricket? England absolutely battering Pakistan. Young Ahmed takes a fivefer, Crawley and Ducket score 34 off the first 3 overs!
Joshua24:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic