FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fever One Tour : Castres December 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2023 at 8:45am
Bon voyage everyone
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2023 at 6:53am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Rumours  floating around the Scarlets squad requested to be on same flight, has Scarlets 🤒 fever tours . Watch this space fellow travellers...Wink

Steady in Mark - we are going to have to draw the line with the boys and insist they leave us and go to bed at 1200 hours from the Irish Bar - there is sense in everything mun!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2023 at 6:50am
Originally posted by GordonLewis GordonLewis wrote:

Hi Gareth. I'd like to echo all the comments about your excellent organisation. It makes it so easy for everyone else, and it is much appreciated.
As to restaurants, Hilary and I have booked a meal on Friday evening in Resto des Halles, although I'm not sure if they open on Sunday. I'm sorry I won't be in the Sports bar with you; I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for a pint over the weekend.

Thank you Gordon. Check if the restaurant is open for Sunday lunch please & if you enjoy the meal give me the number when we get to the game. Our Sunday lunch plans are a little confused until I get  a chance to physically check the L'Eden on Saturday so all suggestions welcome.

As for a pint something tells me the Irish Bar at 190 metres from our hotel may see quite a bit of action. On match day I am thinking of calling in to the Sports Bar which is open all day until late & is on the way to the ground just before you cross the river - maybe see you there. 
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2023 at 12:31am
Safe travels fellow Turks. 3 of us heading to Toulouse tomorrow night via Gatwick arriving into Castres Friday lunchtime. A bientot
Scarlets am Byth
GordonLewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonLewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2023 at 7:57pm
Hi Gareth. I'd like to echo all the comments about your excellent organisation. It makes it so easy for everyone else, and it is much appreciated.
As to restaurants, Hilary and I have booked a meal on Friday evening in Resto des Halles, although I'm not sure if they open on Sunday. I'm sorry I won't be in the Sports bar with you; I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for a pint over the weekend.

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2023 at 7:57pm

Rumours  floating around the Scarlets squad requested to be on same flight, has Scarlets 🤒 fever tours . Watch this space fellow travellers...Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2023 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Safe trip folks and enjoyo

Thanks my friend - hope to see you on Fever 2.Wink
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2023 at 1:30pm
Safe trip folks and enjoyo
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2023 at 12:54pm
Forecast for Sunday changed for the better - sunny intervals & light wind high 14 low 10. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2023 at 6:30am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Well done GPR . Military style detailed planning ( aka planning your veg garden 😉) . You have done a sterling job which I am sure your fellow foot soldiers really appreciate. Have a great trip everyone. Allez le Scarlets ! 

Thanks reesy - much appreciated. Thumbs Up
Service above and beyond, Gareth Clap

Yesterday I sent Garsth a message which reflects the above. 

My wife and I enjoy our holidays, and  we go away several times a year.
I am quite savy looking for deals, otherwise we probably  could afford  to go as often. 
All this  tales time, particularly  as my wife suffersca form of early onset dementia.  I need to plan and leave nothing to chance.
For this reason I understand  ,and totally appreciate  what Gareth has done. It's a quite extraordinary  effort really. 

For me,  not have  to worrry about the minutia of every organisational detail is for once, heaven, and myself and all the other scarlets travelling on ' fever tours' have Gareth for all of this . DIOLCH

Looking forward very much to the rugby, but even more,  to  forging new friendships and enjoying some marvellous  French culture .

I'll 2nd the bit about forging new friendships Pimp. Thank you both for your comments.
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2023 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Well done GPR . Military style detailed planning ( aka planning your veg garden 😉) . You have done a sterling job which I am sure your fellow foot soldiers really appreciate. Have a great trip everyone. Allez le Scarlets ! 

Yesterday I sent Garsth a message which reflects the above. 

My wife and I enjoy our holidays, and  we go away several times a year.
I am quite savy looking for deals, otherwise we probably  could afford  to go as often. 
All this  tales time, particularly  as my wife suffersca form of early onset dementia.  I need to plan and leave nothing to chance.
For this reason I understand  ,and totally appreciate  what Gareth has done. It's a quite extraordinary  effort really. 

For me,  not have  to worrry about the minutia of every organisational detail is for once, heaven, and myself and all the other scarlets travelling on ' fever tours' have Gareth for all of this . DIOLCH

Looking forward very much to the rugby, but even more,  to  forging new friendships and enjoying some marvellous  French culture .

I stood yer on tanner bank
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2023 at 6:35pm

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2023 at 5:52pm
Travel safely everyone, I'm sure you'll make your voices heard. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2023 at 1:37pm

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2023 at 1:34pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2023 at 11:48am
I am not getting much luck with my restaurant selections on this trip. I booked L'Eden through The Fork booking service & they are now telling me that the restaurant is showing as temporarily closed. They did not seem to understand my question - why did they accept the booking if they were not going to be open.

So revised plan is that I am going, as I always do when visiting a new city/town, to go on a recce walk early doors Saturday morning. I will visit the restaurant and look out for alternatives & report back on prospects at the game when we are all together. If the other members of the 11 can also keep their eyes open for a potential Sunday lunch venue that would be very helpful. How early doors is going to depend a great deal on Mark & my cultural visit to the Irish Bar on arrival Friday evening!!!!!!Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic