Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fever One Tour : Castres December 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Bison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2023 at 9:21pm
Thanks Gareth. We are really looking forward to the trip. Not many sleeps left Smile
It’s a dangerous thing to mistake speaking without thought for speaking the truth
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2023 at 8:50am
Ok this morning the Castres site is showing coming soon for the Scarlets tickets so I will keep checking. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2023 at 12:18pm
Over the next couple of weeks I will posting some info on bars/restaurants etc which may be of interest to all travelling. There is an Irish Bar - The Quay 200 metres from the hotel which auspiciously is on the way to the ground (1.5kms from hotel). One problem I note is that it only opens daily at 1600 hours according to the online info. I will be making other enquiries.

There is also a Sports Bar nearer the ground - probably 1km from the hotel which appear to be open all day. If anyone has any useful info please share. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2023 at 12:25pm

I have heard the Irish bar is a cracking pub Gareth , spoke to a fellow Scarlet who has visited Castres previously. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2023 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I have heard the Irish bar is a cracking pub Gareth , spoke to a fellow Scarlet who has visited Castres previously. 

Thanks Mark - think it only right that once we reach the hotel you & I, in the interest of the tour party of course, have a little stroll to check it out. Wink
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2023 at 1:06pm

Spot on Gareth! Got to sample there Guinness ,be rude not too .
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2023 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Spot on Gareth! Got to sample there Guinness ,be rude not too .

My thoughts exactly - closing time is 0200 every night - little harsh I think but when in France & all that!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2023 at 8:41am
Sports Bar which is open all day is about 500 metres from the hotel & 1200 metres from the ground. Appears to be a good place pre match for drinks/food & watching games on the Sunday. With the Irish Bar opening at 1600 hours til late & nearer the hotel (200m) it could be a good place to end the evening/night.

Our hotel is well situated close to the river Agout with Castres famous for the Goya Museum (close by); cuisine wise the area is famou for roasted camambert & 5 week aged charolaise beef. My personal plan will be to have a walk along the river on Saturday morning to get some coffee/croissants on my way to the Sports Bar for pre game drinks/snack. Probably make my way back to Irish Bar post game for more of the same.

Sunday is similar with further walks along the river but I intend to book a table for lunch at Amelio Melo ( 1200-1330 hours). Rated No 3 restaurant from 127 by Tripadvisor. That should set me up nicely for an afternoon of rugby at the Sports Bar & a final visit to the Irish Bar. One of those two mornings I hope to pay a visit to the Goya Museum. If anyone is interested in joining me for the lunch on Sunday let me know & I will make the booking. 

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2023 at 8:48am
With regard to the restaurant I intend booking next Saturday so if you can let me know by then - cheers. 
From the far side View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote From the far side Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2023 at 9:00am
Count me in
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2023 at 7:04am
Originally posted by From the far side From the far side wrote:

Count me in

Thats a table for two so far. Thumbs Up
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2023 at 7:05am
With regard to the Goya Museum the website confirms opening times are 1000-1900 hours on Saturday & Sunday. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2023 at 1:05pm
Table for 4 and counting. Interestingly Castres sit joint top of the top 14 after 4 games with 14 points a 3-1 win ratio which includes a win last weekend away to la Rochelle. Tough game if they take the competition seriously. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2023 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Table for 4 and counting. Interestingly Castres sit joint top of the top 14 after 4 games with 14 points a 3-1 win ratio which includes a win last weekend away to la Rochelle. Tough game if they take the competition seriously. 
Le Marseillais was at the match with his eldest son. To say her was completely gobsmacked with Les Rochelais throwing away their big half time lead is an understatement.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2023 at 6:30am
Table for 7 and counting.
GordonLewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonLewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2023 at 9:39am
Dear Gareth
I have booked flights and hotel for my wife and I some time ago. This is our first away trip and I was unaware of this forum or the organised trip. I think we are on the same flights, and possibly the same hotel! (Renaissance???)
Would it be possible for us to share your transfer to and from Toulouse Airport and Castres? Gordon Lewis  gordonhlewis@yahoo.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic