Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Rules/Code of Conduct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Rules/Code of Conduct
    Posted: 25 July 2022 at 12:30pm
Whenever we register and/or login, there’s a box to tick to say that we agree to be bound by the forum’s rules.

I’ve never read them, unless on the first registration all those years ago.

What do we have to abide by? 

Bad language is taken care of by the filters. Mods occasionally do edit, sanitise or remove elements of posts.

Do the rules of the forum permit trolls free licence? If so should that be stopped?

What conduct should we reasonably expect between members on here? Rants, with or without the fuelling of alcohol, can happen and in the cold light of the next day can be owned up to and/or forgiven.

What can we do to encourage an improvement in interactions and quality of posting on here?

As SA14 wisely said these last two days, it would be lovely to get back to the good old days. 

How about it?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Whenever we register and/or login, there’s a box to tick to say that we agree to be bound by the forum’s rules.

Bad language is taken care of by the filters. Mods occasionally do edit, sanitise or remove elements of posts.

Do the rules of the forum permit trolls free licence? If so should that be stopped?

What conduct should we reasonably expect between members on here? Rants, with or without the fuelling of alcohol, can happen and in the cold light of the next day can be owned up to and/or forgiven.

What can we do to encourage an improvement in interactions and quality of posting on here?

As SA14 wisely said these last two days, it would be lovely to get back to the good old days. 

How about it?

When were these good old days - I have been a member since 2014 and can't really see much difference. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 1:44pm

How about it?
There's a locked announcement thread at the top of Scarlets General:-
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

How about it?
Thanks Minded. Much appreciated. Lover the chesswithdeath email address

Quite a broad canvas.

Imo, there used to be a far larger number of informative posters more open to debate than seems to be the case now. The rugby content was very good and informative.

Iirc, people dropped away because of rude, antagonistic, posts that got personal. Could be wrong but that’s my recollection.

Disagreement is part of a forum. How you express differing views is key to retaining members in a group.

It might just be me.

Feel free to disagree.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

How about it?
Thanks Minded. Much appreciated. Lover the chesswithdeath email address

Quite a broad canvas.

Imo, there used to be a far larger number of informative posters more open to debate than seems to be the case now. The rugby content was very good and informative.

Iirc, people dropped away because of rude, antagonistic, posts that got personal. Could be wrong but that’s my recollection.

Disagreement is part of a forum. How you express differing views is key to retaining members in a group.

It might just be me.

Feel free to disagree.

I think the forum goes round in different incarnations. I remember the very early days where it was more like a chat room. Don’t think I ever saw any arguments. The best were when Lofty, Smelly, OAM, Salmidach, Baz etc were in their prime. Lots of chat, disagreements but disagreements not taking to heart. Drunken Fridays nights post match were my highlights. Have a look in the forum gold section for some crackers. Who knew a thread could form about scotch eggs. 
RFC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

How about it?

When were these good old days - I have been a member since 2014 and can't really see much difference. 

Interesting people 'sign-up' but are too excited to look at the terms and conditions - says something really?
Plus there's never been a change - same people , same views ................... sadly
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 9:13pm
A good sign for me is reading a posters profile with some of the worst offenders reluctant to put their names on it.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

A good sign for me is reading a posters profile with some of the worst offenders reluctant to put their names on it.

what like yours lol....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 12:24pm
Friendships have been damaged and lost because what has been posted on this forum, trust me I know.

whilst I agree with postcode Big smile that the days of the Friday night club were awesome and yes there were some mighty big arguments it was all sorted with a beer in the bunker during a game.

I look back with a smile on how much time I spent on here, but people have got older and probably a bit wiser, whilst the youngsters have different platforms such as WhatsApp to talk about the scarlets.

I'm now more of a frequent visitor, but less of a contributor. My love for the Scarlets will never wane, but my love for the game of rugby is definitely the least of my priorities. I can't remember the last time I watched a full 80 minutes on TV, let alone a live game (next one will be Ospreys home lol).
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Friendships have been damaged and lost because what has been posted on this forum, trust me I know.

whilst I agree with postcode Big smile that the days of the Friday night club were awesome and yes there were some mighty big arguments it was all sorted with a beer in the bunker during a game.

I look back with a smile on how much time I spent on here, but people have got older and probably a bit wiser, whilst the youngsters have different platforms such as WhatsApp to talk about the scarlets.

I'm now more of a frequent visitor, but less of a contributor. My love for the Scarlets will never wane, but my love for the game of rugby is definitely the least of my priorities. I can't remember the last time I watched a full 80 minutes on TV, let alone a live game (next one will be Ospreys home lol).
Good to read that and many a grateful thanks to you for your seasons of running the predictions league amidst degree study and a full time job, iirc.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 5:05pm

I found a lot on here were and some still are, nothing like in ‘real life’ our dear departed friend Roy a classic example. 
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 10:52pm

How about it?

2014? A mere nipper LOLLOL   I was on this forum from the start, before then we had a guest book. It was like one incredibly long conversation. I think the Neath and Swansea fans spent as much time on it as Scarlet fans did.                
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:01am
Other than the odd poster the forum still is quite nice, certainly a lot more civil than any sports forum I've frequented over the years. We had our disagreements before, I think there is a bit of the these were all fields back in my day nostalgic view at play here.

PS I didn't know there was a gold section! Is the Jumper thread there?
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

How about it?

2014? A mere nipper LOLLOL   I was on this forum from the start, before then we had a guest book. It was like one incredibly long conversation. I think the Neath and Swansea fans spent as much time on it as Scarlet fans did.                

Wow I remember those days. Remember when the url was rugbyrating anyone?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 11:36am

what like yours lol....
Been away for the week Sal so couldn't check but i'm pretty sure my name used to be there and where i'm from may have been omitted as we don't want it over run with tourists Wink but for the record it's Nigel Williams and Ammanford.Thumbs Up
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 12:29pm

what like yours lol....
Been away for the week Sal so couldn't check but i'm pretty sure my name used to be there and where i'm from may have been omitted as we don't want it over run with tourists Wink but for the record it's Nigel Williams and Ammanford.Thumbs Up
Further top credentials are that a lot of people on the forum have met him and who can forget the Hotel Nat West in Northampton, even if you’ve not met him?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic