Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WRU DISGRACE TO RUGBY UNION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WRU DISGRACE TO RUGBY UNION
    Posted: 25 November 2006 at 5:11pm

THE WRU have brought disgrace to the game of rugby today by not allowing the haka to be performed last...

every true fan in rugby knows the meaning of the haka and every true fan wants to see it. i hope the all blacks smash us into oblivion for what i cosider to be a massive insult....

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

alibongo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alibongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

THE WRU have brought disgrace to the game of rugby today by not allowing the haka to be performed last...

every true fan in rugby knows the meaning of the haka and every true fan wants to see it. i hope the all blacks smash us into oblivion for what i cosider to be a massive insult....

C'mon Sal, why would you want your country to lose because of some old farts decisions??????? If that were the case then we'd be supporting the opposition in most games......

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 6:51pm
well thats the joke part of the season over with. now lets get back to business. to a place where both sides are reffed with the same rules at the break down. not making excuses. but nz constantly lay on our ball/wrong side. fair play they played the ref. but they don`t need to , their good enough. i find the whole international experience infuriating. thank god the scarlets will offer me some excitement and plenty of it this month.
mc scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 6:53pm

WRU = DISSGRACE

As for game not even in same lg, NZ GOT there own every1 eles just got to ain @

Are you the real radio renegade!?
alibongo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alibongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 6:55pm
Agree 100% Speedy
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 6:58pm

totally agree (apart from the last bit lol) i've purpously watched the beginning of matches in the past just to see the haka and turned off not long after. the crowd showed how they felt and brian moore knocked the nail on the head when he said every supporter there would rather see the haka.

how bout this for a haka(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGfxyxSllAA 

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 7:01pm

well i hope thousands contact wru claiming money back i know loads who just picked nz game over az game because they wanted to see haka.

dissgrace sack whoever is responceable

Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

The Panto season's here, who needs the Haka?

...he's behind you!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:27pm

The Haka (respect it or not) is an integral part of the whole atmosphere surrounding an All Blacks appearance, opposition supporters expect it as it adds to the whole occasion. Dare I day it but players probably enjoy the challenge of facing it as they know they've "arrived", it also gives both sides an extra wind up as opposed to intimidating. Having had the pleasure of witnessing it three times down Stradey (and hopefully the opening game of the new gaff) I can honestly say it's an awesome sight and everyone should have the pleasure of seeing it in person at least once in their lifetime. If this was some sort of retort to that NZ journo t##t then it backfired big time, Henry had the good grace to call that journo a village idiot, the wru should have let it drop (if it is indeed the reason). Massive disrespect to the visitors and it probably wound them up even more!

Some genuine rugby fans paid big money to be part of that today, (forget the "occasion" crowd who doubled it with xmas shopping) they deserved the full spectacle.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:37pm
get over it boys, it doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of things
Musical Glove View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musical Glove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:38pm

It's the timing of the Haka that was in question.

The WRU didn't want it right before kick off, as they are pumped going into the game, they requested it be done before the anthems, but they didn't like that idea. Nobody banned them from doing the Haka, it was their choice not to do it.

alibongo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alibongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:42pm
I suspect a little mind games that back-fired quite badly today to be honest. Oh well, roll on the six nations!!!!!!!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:43pm

well done musical youth, you truly are the voice of reason.

do you fancy coming fishing with me?

Edited by rap columbo
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:44pm
totaly dissagree
Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

get over it boys, it doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of things
Musical Glove View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musical Glove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:44pm

Yes thats right, like last year when they tried to lower a giant welsh flag during the the Haka and it didn't open, just hung there, and the kickoff was late.

Comical

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:47pm

ah, mc scarlet i see a pattern developing, you still can't spell disagree!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic