Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Muggleton / Brad Harrington info.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Muggleton / Brad Harrington info.
    Posted: 02 June 2008 at 5:16pm

BIOGRAPHIES

John Muggleton

Llanelli Scarlets defence coach

Date of Birth: 16.01.60

Birthplace: Sydney, Australia

Playing career

Rugby union: Dundas Valley

Rugby league - 1976-86

Ryde Districts (1976-1978), Balmain (78-79), Parramatta (80-89 – 200+ games), Sydney (82), New South Wales (82), Australia (82), Hull (84-86)

Coaching career

Rugby league

Woy Woy (1990-91)

North Sydney Bears (93-97)

Rugby union

Parramatta (1992 – head conditioner)

Gordon (1993-2002 – defence consultant)

ACT Brumbies (defence coach – 1997-2000)

Australia 7s (team manager - 1999)

NSW Waratahs (defence coach – 2000-2003)

Queensland Reds (defence coach – 2000-2005)

Wallabies (assistant coach – 1997-2007) 

Brad Harrington

Llanelli Scarlets head fitness coach

Date of Birth: 22.02.74

Birthplace: Sydney, Australia

Playing career

Aussie Rules Football, Rugby league and rugby union 1996-2004 - teams included Sydney AFL, Cronulla Sharks RL, Southern Districts RU, St John Bosco RL, Halifax RU

Coaching career

Rugby union

Leinster (strength and conditioning coach 2004-07)

Ireland U19s (head strength and conditioning coach – U19s World Cup 2005)

Ireland U21s (strength and conditioning coach – 2005-07)

Ireland (pre-World Cup preparation – 2007)

NSW Waratahs (assistant strength and conditioning coach (2007-08)

Rugby league

Halifax (strength, speed and conditioning consultant – 2002-03)

Castleford Tigers (strength and conditioning coach – 2003-04)

Yorkshire U18s (strength and conditioning coach – 2004)

Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Sponsored Links

scarlet157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:14pm
lots of RL experience there!

Lets hope they bring some of that 'if it moves smash it' RL defensive attitude with them
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:20pm
This could be exactly what our defence needs to be more nasty up front
TheMightyCD View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:26pm

We should see a vast improvement in our defence next season, and our conditioning should be top notch.There will be no excuses with this pair in charge.

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:11pm
Smash it attitude would be a huge improvement on the suger powder puff defence  that tried to tackle last season
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
westwalesdragon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwalesdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:21pm
I think some of our players are in for a bit of an awakening.

Hopefully they'll enjoy it though as this could potentially bring great success.
WestWalesDragon

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:35pm
To be honest there has been a consistant element of surprise announcements and some real thinking behind the scenes. There have been shortcomings and claring issues with the Scarlets last season and this forum has debated and raised huge concerns about the way the team has performed last season.

Although the Phil D sacking was badly done there is no doubt that the board of the Scarlets are seriousabout taking our region back to the top and pluck the feathers of our No Fear rip off merchants who pretend to be the no 1 welsh team.

There is only the Scarlets and for once this year i have a positive belief that the board are as serious about my team. With all the positives about the Stadium and their naming of Scarlet legends, the statue of Grav, the Scarlet walk and all the signings and now the coaching set up, we have the building blocks to start something great and unique.

And the feel good factor will draw people to the Stadium, seeing the Scarlet colour starting to be assembled along the grey colour front of the stadium is superb and exciting. What a fantastic time to support the only world renowned name in Wales, come on board and enjoy the ride,

Andrew Whore beat that,,,,,,,,,,
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:48pm
I agree.

The management need to be congratulated for the new attitude of forward thinking. These two signings are a tremendous statement (Muggleton, in particluar) of intent which match anything any Welsh region has done so far.

It provides excitement for the future and especially next season. We had a squad of players that were able to compete with the best in Europe only last year, and the majority of the players are still there. Remember, we beat BOTH of the finalists of this year's HC competition - (including Toulouse on their own ground), and the additions made already will only strengthen this squad.

My only regret is that Dwayne Peel has gone and will not be part of this set-up (for 3 years, at least as I still think he'll be a Scarlet again before he's 30).

Well done to all - including SG as he was the one on that trip down under that brought these players/coaches here.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:13pm

They sound the bizz. It's looking good.

LlandaffScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LlandaffScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:16pm
A brilliant statement of intent. Two coaches of this calibre plus our new ground will help attract players to the region as well. I think if peely had seen this sort ofambition earlier he would be with us next season.
These 2 with Lyons, maling, meeuws and higgett(defensive leader) adding a bit of power, i think we could be a surprise package next season.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I agree.

The management need to be congratulated for the new attitude of forward thinking. These two signings are a tremendous statement (Muggleton, in particluar) of intent which match anything any Welsh region has done so far.

It provides excitement for the future and especially next season. We had a squad of players that were able to compete with the best in Europe only last year, and the majority of the players are still there. Remember, we beat BOTH of the finalists of this year's HC competition - (including Toulouse on their own ground), and the additions made already will only strengthen this squad.

My only regret is that Dwayne Peel has gone and will not be part of this set-up (for 3 years, at least as I still think he'll be a Scarlet again before he's 30).

Well done to all - including SG as he was the one on that trip down under that brought these players/coaches here.

Just thinking about Dwayne myself, I wonder whether he's got any regrets now, it's not as though the 'culture and change of lifestyle' of Manchester has got much to offer. Wish him well nevertheless.

Been a good day for the region though, I feel like signing, what shall it be, hmmm.........
oh yeah....

weeeeeeve got some wall a wallaby's at good old sospan fach.....all together now...
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
annies boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annies boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 9:12pm
wait for the snail to put a dampener some how or another ,to knock the feel good factor.
the dream will come true
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by annies boy annies boy wrote:

wait for the snail to put a dampener some how or another ,to knock the feel good factor.

Why not cut the negativity? Save it for another day! This is a fantastic day for the region.
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
annies boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annies boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 9:15pm

correct.

the dream will come true
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 9:18pm
who cares they can write what they like, they normally do. lets hope they "predict" another "be lucky to win one game at home against irish".
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 9:32pm
Once a jolly swagmaman camped by a billabong
Under the shade of a coolibah tree
And he sang as he watched and waited til his billy boiled
"Who'll come a waltzing matilda,with me"
Scarlets,Scarlets,Scarlets. Cool

YMA O HYD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic