Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feb 24th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescnnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feb 24th
    Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:40pm
Meet the Management night,we all have plenty to say on here myself more than included I think a few home truths should be said on Tuesday.
jonesy
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:56pm
Could be a very interesting meeting! Confused
Scarlets!!!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 10:44pm
I suspect very little will come out of this, people wont speak their minds when face to face, and when has SG ever listened to the fans? Did he listen when the poll results on here said that we didnt want Nigel as coach? 95% wasnt it?

If we really want to make an impact, and get the change this region desperately needs and Ive never advocated or considered anything like this before...

but why doesnt everyone not go back to their seats or place on the terrace for 20 minutes after the start of the second half of the Edinburgh game? Then they'll know how unhappy we are. 
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

...but why doesnt everyone not go back to their seats or place on the terrace for 20 minutes after the start of the second half of the Edinburgh game? Then they'll know how unhappy we are. 

They'd only know how unhappy the people who didn't go back to their seats are, and then only if they counted them.   I think for this to work, all the unhappy people need to congregate together somewhere, so that the void in the crowd is more obvious.  The rest of us can take photographs, if you like.
hwntwr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwntwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:01pm
Tim I was blasted for suggesting some form of demonstrational action last year, but thoughout my working life there is nothing more effective in the face of hypocricy than a petition with one spokesperson selected to ask their given questions and a scribe to to make a written account to be put on the scarlets site. What do you think?
for my children, for my family, for the fans, for my team mates, now get some effin pride
hwntwr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwntwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:04pm
forgot to ask, can we send our views to this meeting via email?
for my children, for my family, for the fans, for my team mates, now get some effin pride
GregJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:18pm
how would you spot 'missing people' at the ground as it is half empty anyway! (just pointing out a flaw in your cunning plan)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

...but why doesnt everyone not go back to their seats or place on the terrace for 20 minutes after the start of the second half of the Edinburgh game? Then they'll know how unhappy we are. 

They'd only know how unhappy the people who didn't go back to their seats are, and then only if they counted them.   I think for this to work, all the unhappy people need to congregate together somewhere, so that the void in the crowd is more obvious.  The rest of us can take photographs, if you like.

Firstly, you cant move around anywhere in this stadium to congregate, youd be acosted by a stewhard. And I take it as you and your friends who will be taking photo's are happy with being the bottom of your group in Europe, out of the Magners and the EDF for 2 seasons in a row, having an empty stadium and having no money to recruit players and having a head coach who actually drives players out of the region with his poor management and a Chief executive who is a serial mis manager of our hard earned money.

All I can say is that you and your friends must be suckers for punishment, because unless things change quickly, youve years of fun to come!

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:04am
Originally posted by hwntwr hwntwr wrote:

Tim I was blasted for suggesting some form of demonstrational action last year, but thoughout my working life there is nothing more effective in the face of hypocricy than a petition with one spokesperson selected to ask their given questions and a scribe to to make a written account to be put on the scarlets site. What do you think?

My friend suggested boycotting the Edinburgh game, I could never do that, because that's giving up. A half time meeting on the half way line is out of the question, we'd be shot. A slow hand clap or booing, no thanks. A petition would need to be specific and would require a lot of organising and perhaps its affects would be minimal and many grievances have already been documented on here with little or no response.

What I'm proposing wouldnt break any stadium rule, there's nothing to stop anyone staying in the concourse after the second half kicks off, you get back to your place and you shout your head off for the team in a chant of Scarlets, Scarlets. But the visual effect of and an empty stadium for 10 minutes say, would be catch the attention of the media and the board.

We havent hurt anyone, the result of the Edinburgh game is now not important weve paid our money and we havent let the boys down, it would just send a message out that we are tired of being taken for granted and we demand improvement.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:16am

Firstly, you cant move around anywhere in this stadium to congregate, youd be acosted by a stewhard. And I take it as you and your friends who will be taking photo's are happy with being the bottom of your group in Europe, out of the Magners and the EDF for 2 seasons in a row, having an empty stadium and having no money to recruit players and having a head coach who actually drives players out of the region with his poor management and a Chief executive who is a serial mis manager of our hard earned money.

All I can say is that you and your friends must be suckers for punishment, because unless things change quickly, youve years of fun to come!

You're attributing your dissatisfaction  to things and people you don't like, but those people were here the last time we had a couple of good seasons, (and even then we lost money).  The people in charge now are not perfect, but they're not complete imbeciles or villains either.  And just because I don't choose to vent my disappointment with a pointless and impractical demonstration doesn't mean I'm pleased with how the season has gone.  I'm just willing to attribute more of our misfortune to injuries and the need to rebuild than you are.

flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:32am

I'd boycott the next game. If they only had 2/3000 people turning up they'd s**t themselves. LOOK, nobody is going to tell Gallagher and co. anything as everyone will just bottle it infront of him. We are all chops the lot of us. Anyway, we are just rebuiding for next season now and next season we will be rebuilding for the following season and so on. It's the wilderness years guys so get used to it.

Edited by TheMightyCD - 23 February 2009 at 10:08am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

You're attributing your dissatisfaction  to things and people you don't like, but those people were here the last time we had a couple of good seasons, (and even then we lost money).  The people in charge now are not perfect, but they're not complete imbeciles or villains either.  And just because I don't choose to vent my disappointment with a pointless and impractical demonstration doesn't mean I'm pleased with how the season has gone.  I'm just willing to attribute more of our misfortune to injuries and the need to rebuild than you are.

I respect your views and I apologise for the sarcasm. I took offence however at your post because you seemed to want to name and shame anyone who would dare to protest. That's not a democratic attitude. What I was advocating was a peaceful protest. If you disagree then that's fine, say so and dont protest.

I know there are good people busting a gut to make things work, but some of these people have made huge errors imo and I feel were at a critical time and its a time for change, because it has to change, how worse does it need to get? These people have huge salaries and they cannot be above reproach. Everyone blames the heads of failed banks or businesses and the Chief Executives fall on their swords, yet our chief exec is untouchable, he sacked Phil Davies because of poor results, he employed Nigel Davies, do poor results not count when it comes to him?  

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:59am

Originally posted by hwntwr hwntwr wrote:

My friend suggested boycotting the Edinburgh game, I could never do that, because that's giving up. A half time meeting on the half way line is out of the question, we'd be shot. A slow hand clap or booing, no thanks. A petition would need to be specific and would require a lot of organising and perhaps its affects would be minimal and many grievances have already been documented on here with little or no response.

What I'm proposing wouldnt break any stadium rule, there's nothing to stop anyone staying in the concourse after the second half kicks off, you get back to your place and you shout your head off for the team in a chant of Scarlets, Scarlets. But the visual effect of and an empty stadium for 10 minutes say, would be catch the attention of the media and the board.

We havent hurt anyone, the result of the Edinburgh game is now not important weve paid our money and we havent let the boys down, it would just send a message out that we are tired of being taken for granted and we demand improvement.

Via the media a total laughing stock. I truly hope no one does it, I'll be ashamed.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 1:05am

I respect your views and I apologise for the sarcasm. I took offence however at your post because you seemed to want to name and shame anyone who would dare to protest. That's not a democratic attitude. What I was advocating was a peaceful protest. If you disagree then that's fine, say so and dont protest.

I know there are good people busting a gut to make things work, but some of these people have made huge errors imo and I feel were at a critical time and its a time for change, because it has to change, how worse does it need to get? These people have huge salaries and they cannot be above reproach. Everyone blames the heads of failed banks or businesses and the Chief Executives fall on their swords, yet our chief exec is untouchable, he sacked Phil Davies because of poor results, he employed Nigel Davies, do poor results not count when it comes to him? 

I wasn't suggesting naming and shaming anyone.  I was simply pointing out how impractical your suggestion was.  Crowds are low, but even if everyone who read this board joined your protest (and that would be a first for unanimity!) the numbers involved would not be noticed.  You're assuming that "everyone" agrees with you and that that they would spontaneously join in.  I don't think they would.

I'd be surprised if the CEO was behind Phil Davies sacking - I think it much more likely it was the board that instigated it, since it seems to have been arranged while the CEO and the coach were out of the country.  The board chose not to sack the CEO at the same time, but they clearly could have.  They probably felt that he should remain in post until the move to the new stadium was completed.  Poor results on the field are not normally blamed on the CEO, and I'd have thought he would have been rather preoccupied with the move, which was fraught with difficulties.
jonescnnr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescnnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:20am
You are pretty naive if you do not think the CEO had nothing to do with PD sacking.
jonesy
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:34am
I don't doubt for a minute that 90% of the people employed by the Scarlets are busting their gut week in week out to make things work, but if things aren't improving over a given length of time, it's clear to me that some of these people aren't the right people for the job. You don't just hang onto people because they are busting their gut, hell, the complete region could be at stake if things don't improve over the coming season or so?

It's as simple as that really, if we continue the way we are next season as well, we'll be in some serious financial difficulty, that's if we aren't already?

To have a 3rd dia season where we're out of the HC, EDF and ML by the festive period will kill us completely!
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic