Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescnnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty
    Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:07pm
Just returned from a dire game at the Liberty,they had bussed in 30 buses jammed packed with kids with free tickets,and adults were charged £5 entry, still a very poor crowd 8000 was stated but there was a lot less than that there,glad I was being paid to be there rather than had to pay.
jonesy
Sponsored Links

Wrigley Man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrigley Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:12pm
They would have had to pay ME to watch the Gaysprays Thumbs%20Up
Allez Scarlets
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:15pm
Looks like the magners crown is heading back over the irish sea again this year!
owfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:23pm
Funny how we have these problems all the press complains, but when the Ospreys have the problems, theyr'e ignored!

Hope we get a good crowd on Sunday
riph72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riph72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by jonescnnr jonescnnr wrote:

Just returned from a dire game at the Liberty,they had bussed in 30 buses jammed packed with kids with free tickets,and adults were charged £5 entry, still a very poor crowd 8000 was stated but there was a lot less than that there,glad I was being paid to be there rather than had to pay.
Agree about the game, but I think the crowd figure was quite believable.
As I said on the other thread, East stand was a bit quiet but the South stand was busy with all those kids, bear in mind it's normally empty for most matches.

I think you should wait and see what your crowd is going to be this weekend before making this type of comment  Wink
Freddy The Turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddy The Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 11:18pm
What type of comment?  Don't think there's been any arsey comments here really, its just a sad reflection on the supporters of the two regions at the moment that we're not getting the support we should be.
Serenity now. Serenity now.

rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by riph72 riph72 wrote:

As I said on the other thread, East stand was a bit quiet but the South stand was busy with all those kids, bear in mind it's normally empty for most matches.

I think you should wait and see what your crowd is going to be this weekend before making this type of comment  Wink
8000 would make it over a third full yes . No way was there 8000 .
riph72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riph72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Freddy The Turk Freddy The Turk wrote:

What type of comment?  Don't think there's been any arsey comments here really, its just a sad reflection on the supporters of the two regions at the moment that we're not getting the support we should be.
I didn't say there had been an arsey comment (there hadn't, by the way), I just thought it was a bit premature to say 8000 was poor.
I agree that crowds for both teams aren't very impressive generally (the odd game aside), but I think 8000 last night was quite acceptable, given the fact it was a squad team in the middle of the 6N.
Imagine what the crowd would have been without all those kids  Shocked
riph72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riph72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 7:55am
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

Originally posted by riph72 riph72 wrote:

8000 would make it over a third full yes . No way was there 8000 .
I reckon East was probably 2/3 full (my view wasn't great because I was in it, but a few glances gave me this impression), West was probably 1/3 full at best, South was probably 2/3 full.
It was a higher figure than I expected, but not way beyond the boundaries of believability, IMHO.  I thought it looked like closer to 7k, but I'm rarely accurate  LOL
jonescnnr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescnnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Wrigley Man Wrigley Man wrote:

They would have had to pay ME to watch the Gaysprays Thumbs%20Up
They did pay me 6 hours overtime,would never pay to watch the Os at the Liberty,willingly take their cash though.
jonesy
jonescnnr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescnnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:22am
4000 tickets were sold last night that includes around 2000 for a pound,and the rest at £5,that figure was topped up with hospitality which was no where near full and ST holders whether they were there or not,I thought the kids provided some atmosphere to be honest.
I thought the introduction music as the team ran out onto the field was excellent.
Minus points were,the game and the fact that noone in Wales can be bothered to watch Magners rugby unless its free.
jonesy
riph72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riph72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 5:57pm

4000 tickets were sold last night that includes around 2000 for a pound,and the rest at £5,that figure was topped up with hospitality which was no where near full and ST holders whether they were there or not,I thought the kids provided some atmosphere to be honest.
I thought the introduction music as the team ran out onto the field was excellent.
Minus points were,the game and the fact that noone in Wales can be bothered to watch Magners rugby unless its free.
Are you sure about the ST holders bit?  We have a member of Ospreys staff on our forum who is adamant that it's 100% done on turnstile count!

The introduction music, that'll be The Call Of The Ospreys  Big%20smile
We've chopped and changed the music quite a bit recently, I think this will stick though, it seems to have been well received, even though it sounds sh*te when you hear it on a PC.
Actually it sounds sh*te just about anywhere, but it DOES seem to work for the team runout, but that's what it was written for, so that's fine by me.

As for ML crowds, I wouldn't blame people for staying away after yesterday's game, but I am strongly against these ML matches during the 6N.  I don't like watching understrength teams, especially when my focus is elsewhere, i.e. the 6N.
The regions simply can't act surprised when people show a lack on interest in these games, IMHO.
I think we need to sort out these broken up seasons  Angry
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by laura laura wrote:

Looks like the magners crown is heading back over the irish sea again this year!

And it looks Laura that we are heading for a trip to Italy to qualify for next seasons Heineken cup, as i dont see any improvement over the rest of the season as we have big,big games coming up starting tomorrow.
Is that land I see on the horizon, it must be Menorca
RichieT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichieT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 11:08pm

The crowd at the Liberty made me laugh considering the gloating our neighbours have done after some of our crowds this year. Some of them on scrumv seem to be infatuated with our attendance and are never shy of having a dig. "It looks empty", "half of them are freebies"...Now who are the ones giving away freebies?!!

Even with all those freebie tickets behind the posts there were never 8,000 there. Not even close.  
riph72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riph72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 10:45am
Originally posted by RichieT RichieT wrote:

Even with all those freebie tickets behind the posts there were never 8,000 there. Not even close.  
Well, I was there and I thought it was around 7k+, so I don't think it's as unbelievable as all that.

Of course, for a benchmark, I'm using our usual crowd figures and what I normally see in the stadium.  You can argue that those figures are fudged too (I can't prove they aren't, you can't prove they are), but relatively, 8k isn't as unbelievable as all that.
evsbacch2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evsbacch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:14pm
What was the attendance at Parc y Scarlets on sunday?
It doesn't matter if you win or lose...........all that matters is if I win or lose!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic