Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Carmarthen Quins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sione timani

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 11:16am
Originally posted by quinsboy quinsboy wrote:

If I was the Quins I w ouldnt give em anything. They have done nothing for us over the years!!

With attitudes like yours, that's no big surprise is it, why are you on here at all unless you support the Scarlets? What do you think you have missed out on since 2003 then?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

Xandy2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xandy2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 5:17am

I also ehard they got some money from a good land deal, possibly with Tesco's or a large company that bought it.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 6:12am
Some islanders do really well in the ML and the Guinness - Manu and Finau havebeen top players for us.

Timani is young enough to be a prospect - I assume GJ will keep an eye on how he develops with the Quins.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

A Tongan lock, playing in the Welsh Premiership? Doesn't sound like the type of second row we would want anywhere near our side. Afeaki was once captain of Tonga, and he wasn't the greatest pro.

Whoa! Afeaki was excellent - the best lock we've had for years. If we;d had him a few years younger, I think he'd go down in Scarlets forklore. Top-class pro - not sure what you're alluding to to be honest.

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Mr.T Mr.T wrote:

Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

Originally posted by BagofChips BagofChips wrote:

A Tongan lock, playing in the Welsh Premiership? Doesn't sound like the type of second row we would want anywhere near our side. Afeaki was once captain of Tonga, and he wasn't the greatest pro.

Care to ellaborate?
i think what micro duck is trying to say ,is that tongan forwards are shite!!!! i have to admit that i agree with him.remember johnny koloi ? nuff said!! ended up milking cows in whitland.

Does this also mean that if one English player is crap then so are the rest?

I am Tongan and have played with and against Sione Timani and have also played against good international players at younger levels and I have seen him do things with ease that some well known players sometimes struggle to do! I admit that for a while it was as if his heart was not in rugby now after meeting him again i think he is more mature and dedicated!

As for aFeaki and Koloi, mate....I don't know where Koloi is from and you must remember you only get what you pay for! I know most of the Tongan club rugby players over the years and have not heard of any Johnny Koloi, if he was any good the whole of Tonga would have known of him as our competitions are not so big!
And Afeaki, You must of not knwon too much about him because he was once a very good lock knocking on All Black selection....he didn't Join Tonga until later part of his career. I think his used by date was gone by the time they had him and shouldn't expect anything other than that!
And if you still think that of Tongan locks, forwards or even players, don't forget, for a nation of only 100,000 people. there were more players with Tongan Backround in the rugby World Cup then any other Nationalities.
With Tongan Locks and Second row Forwards like:
Dan Manu (Wallabies)
Sitaleki Timani (ACT Brumbies)...this is the yonger brother of Sione
Viliami Vaki
Epeli Taione
Finau Maka
'Isitolo Maka
George Smith (Wallabies)
Toutai Kefu (Wallabies)
Wycliff Palu (Wallabies)
Nili Latu (Wellington Huricanes. Tongan Captain)
Willie 'Ofahengaue (Wallabies)
Hale T Pole....out of those names and many others, Johnny Koloi and Afeaki's last days is what you make out of Tongan Players? Maybe if you knew more about players you would think again before generalising them for one crap player you know of Tongan backround because to some, they only see Jonah Lomu, Doug Howlet and others alike as an All Black, wallaby or even playing for England Like Lesley Vainikolo...but no one really remembers that they are all Tongan!

Good post, Afeaki was always a good player in my books and one of the reasons the scarlets lost some of their hard edge when Phil Davies let him go.

Edited by Huwbach - 04 January 2011 at 9:27am
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:43am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Tongan powerhouse,sione timani as signed for carmarthen quins.

the 6ft 7ins,and weights in at 19 st,has played club rugby in new zealand.

the  24 year old is a big abrasive ball-carrier and a typical tongan forward,says quins team manager.

he is not coming over at the end of his career,he is looking to get a foothold in the british game,he as 2 caps for tonga.

anyone think this guy could help fill in at the scarlets this season,with our lack of depth at lock,he certainly sounds if he could make an impact .

Here's hoping!
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:23pm
Clap
Originally posted by Mr.T Mr.T wrote:

Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

Originally posted by BagofChips BagofChips wrote:

Care to ellaborate?
i think what micro duck is trying to say ,is that tongan forwards are shite!!!! i have to admit that i agree with him.remember johnny koloi ? nuff said!! ended up milking cows in whitland.

Does this also mean that if one English player is crap then so are the rest?

I am Tongan and have played with and against Sione Timani and have also played against good international players at younger levels and I have seen him do things with ease that some well known players sometimes struggle to do! I admit that for a while it was as if his heart was not in rugby now after meeting him again i think he is more mature and dedicated!

As for aFeaki and Koloi, mate....I don't know where Koloi is from and you must remember you only get what you pay for! I know most of the Tongan club rugby players over the years and have not heard of any Johnny Koloi, if he was any good the whole of Tonga would have known of him as our competitions are not so big!
And Afeaki, You must of not knwon too much about him because he was once a very good lock knocking on All Black selection....he didn't Join Tonga until later part of his career. I think his used by date was gone by the time they had him and shouldn't expect anything other than that!
And if you still think that of Tongan locks, forwards or even players, don't forget, for a nation of only 100,000 people. there were more players with Tongan Backround in the rugby World Cup then any other Nationalities.
With Tongan Locks and Second row Forwards like:
Dan Manu (Wallabies)
Sitaleki Timani (ACT Brumbies)...this is the yonger brother of Sione
Viliami Vaki
Epeli Taione
Finau Maka
'Isitolo Maka
George Smith (Wallabies)
Toutai Kefu (Wallabies)
Wycliff Palu (Wallabies)
Nili Latu (Wellington Huricanes. Tongan Captain)
Willie 'Ofahengaue (Wallabies)
Hale T Pole....out of those names and many others, Johnny Koloi and Afeaki's last days is what you make out of Tongan Players? Maybe if you knew more about players you would think again before generalising them for one crap player you know of Tongan backround because to some, they only see Jonah Lomu, Doug Howlet and others alike as an All Black, wallaby or even playing for England Like Lesley Vainikolo...but no one really remembers that they are all Tongan!

Superb post Mr Tongan, good on you ClapClapClap

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:35pm
Is he the answer to our problem at Second row?

Will we sign Jonny Fa'matuainu next season?
Shirley Sandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirley Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 2:55am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Tongan powerhouse,sione timani as signed for carmarthen quins.

the 6ft 7ins,and weights in at 19 st,has played club rugby in new zealand.

the  24 year old is a big abrasive ball-carrier and a typical tongan forward,says quins team manager.

he is not coming over at the end of his career,he is looking to get a foothold in the british game,he as 2 caps for tonga.

anyone think this guy could help fill in at the scarlets this season,with our lack of depth at lock,he certainly sounds if he could make an impact .

I also think so.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 5:02am
Please try and stay on line!!
I have no one else to talk to and your views on Tongan forwards seem to be very well honed Shirley Sandra.

PS...do you happen to live in a high rise council block in Beijing?
Only asking as us Welsh who live in high rise council buildings occasionally, like you, give slightly obscure names to our children, like Mercedes Chardonnay or Tyson Special Brew?

Feel free to PM me with your thoughts ma'am...

Oh well, back to work. Cry

Edited by Wil Chips - 01 August 2011 at 5:05am
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 8:20am
Haha. Wil that cracked me up, just spat tea on my desk.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Please try and stay on line!!
I have no one else to talk to and your views on Tongan forwards seem to be very well honed Shirley Sandra.

PS...do you happen to live in a high rise council block in Beijing?
Only asking as us Welsh who live in high rise council buildings occasionally, like you, give slightly obscure names to our children, like Mercedes Chardonnay or Tyson Special Brew?

Feel free to PM me with your thoughts ma'am...

Oh well, back to work. Cry

Did she answer you like?
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 9:51am
Shockingly, no.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic