Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This is it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is it
    Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:03pm
Ernest Brian Trubshaw, MVO,CBE,OBE, was the first British pilot to fly Concorde, he was also born in Llanelli, he was one of us, he must have supported the Scarlets, probably took a detour over Stradey as he was heading to go over the Atlantic.
Maybe he tipped those elegant wings as a Scarlet hero dived over for a try, as he throttled into afterburner power, subsonic, supersonic, high above West Wales.

Is this the time of the season our squad get into Mach 1 or 2 and start motoring, flying, scoring tries. Its been a season so far of near wins, oh so close wins, how the hell did we lose those games. This Friday, the week of our patron saint St David, we need to turn the tide of fortune, luck and much needed boost of confidence. We have gone to France and defended for nearly the whole game and came home victorious. We went to Reading and took on the form English dream team, we returned victorious, they visited us and the game was one of the best this season, we were again victorious. We can do the unexpected, this is the Scarlet way, the Scarlet tradition.

We have the potential to excell, exceed expectations, we have a squad that can deliver, when they need to.

Ulster are a good team, they are growing and expanding their squad next season and good for them, but annoyingly we have a growing and young expanding squad that has shown this season patches of utter brilliance, sublime skill and a squad that play and pull together, we are getting there, its time we started.There has been great memories already this season, meeting Scarlet fans in Dublin, the friendship on that raised seated area at the RDS, the win at the Dragons, the 5 mins of constant defence, etc,etc, the new friends with a like minded passion and love for my team, your team, our team.

This is really the business end of the season, there is much at stake and ND puts out a team with a few unexpected selections. Typical roller coaster Scarlet ride of thrills and bloody spills. But we have learned, the young squad have the bruises and stitches and knocks locked up in the memory banks, but importantly the memory banks of how to win. Our luck has been apalling, surely we are due a change. Tomorrow the familiar faces will be filled with expectation and hope. Those faces will also be hiding trepidation of what if, but we will yet again, be all in it together.

Our first home game for what seems like an age, personally im so bloody excited i cant wait, it will be great to see everyone again and get the Scarlet buzz, lets get behind the team, raise them up and lets finish the job and get into Europe, because thats where we belong, so did Concorde, flown by a Scarlet pilot.

Come on, we can do this..
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:10pm
Indeed, this is it Lofty. Come on!!
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:14pm

Agree Lofty. It's a massive game. A good win and a big performance tomorrow could be the kick-start and momentum to get us over the line come the end of season.

We really, really have to win tomorrow night.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:16pm
Another legendary team talk from lofty! Cmon boys let's get behind our team and roar them to victory. Ulster don't know what to expect from us with a few unexpected selections so let's give it to them good!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:17pm
Lovely Lofty my boy.

Concorde did indeed fly over Llanelli, It used to make my old house shake at around 10 in the night. Let's get Y Parc shaking tomorrow night and give the boys the biggest welcome onto the pitch all season.

Our home record has been poor this year, lets sort that out and really get behind the boys.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
CMH View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:28pm
I cannot begin to say how important this game against Ulster is. Not only for Magners league points, but it 'could' be the last win we get before playing Toulon with 3 hard away games against Munster, Edinburgh and Ospreys to come.

This is must win. Lets do it. 
Sgarlets am byth.
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:31pm
I might drive to Heol Trubshaw to get some inspiration. Lofty: They should introduce you to Albert Square in Walford to inject a much-needed feelgood factor.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Ernest Brian Trubshaw, MVO,CBE,OBE, was the first British pilot to fly Concorde, he was also born in Llanelli, he was one of us, he must have supported the Scarlets, probably took a detour over Stradey as he was heading to go over the Atlantic.
Maybe he tipped those elegant wings as a Scarlet hero dived over for a try, as he throttled into afterburner power, subsonic, supersonic, high above West Wales.

Is this the time of the season our squad get into Mach 1 or 2 and start motoring, flying, scoring tries. Its been a season so far of near wins, oh so close wins, how the hell did we lose those games. This Friday, the week of our patron saint St David, we need to turn the tide of fortune, luck and much needed boost of confidence. We have gone to France and defended for nearly the whole game and came home victorious. We went to Reading and took on the form English dream team, we returned victorious, they visited us and the game was one of the best this season, we were again victorious. We can do the unexpected, this is the Scarlet way, the Scarlet tradition.

We have the potential to excell, exceed expectations, we have a squad that can deliver, when they need to.

Ulster are a good team, they are growing and expanding their squad next season and good for them, but annoyingly we have a growing and young expanding squad that has shown this season patches of utter brilliance, sublime skill and a squad that play and pull together, we are getting there, its time we started.There has been great memories already this season, meeting Scarlet fans in Dublin, the friendship on that raised seated area at the RDS, the win at the Dragons, the 5 mins of constant defence, etc,etc, the new friends with a like minded passion and love for my team, your team, our team.

This is really the business end of the season, there is much at stake and ND puts out a team with a few unexpected selections. Typical roller coaster Scarlet ride of thrills and bloody spills. But we have learned, the young squad have the bruises and stitches and knocks locked up in the memory banks, but importantly the memory banks of how to win. Our luck has been apalling, surely we are due a change. Tomorrow the familiar faces will be filled with expectation and hope. Those faces will also be hiding trepidation of what if, but we will yet again, be all in it together.

Our first home game for what seems like an age, personally im so bloody excited i cant wait, it will be great to see everyone again and get the Scarlet buzz, lets get behind the team, raise them up and lets finish the job and get into Europe, because thats where we belong, so did Concorde, flown by a Scarlet pilot.

Come on, we can do this..
He was actually from pembrey ........... Carry on .
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 11:32pm
I miss those 10pm Concorde bangs!  Smile
"YMA O HYD"
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 7:25am
We can make the roar from the ground equal the roar of those Concorde engines! C'm'on!!!!!!!

Edited by Bryn A! Wel! - 05 March 2010 at 7:25am
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 7:47am
It is indeed a massive game for us. I hope to god the team deliver.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 8:12am
 I really can't see us losing this one now
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 8:34am
Excellent work, Lofty! Pie and a pint and a massive load of singing tonight I reckon. Just wait until i've finished my pie first.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Leoslovechild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leoslovechild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:40am
Have to say as a newcomer to the site in the last few monthe and obviously a Leinster fan ,it is seeing posts like Lofty's and an earlier one he wrote entitled' Are we Human or are we Scarlets' that makes this site, which not only is informative and frequented by people with agreat knowledge for the game and a love of their club,probably the most enjoyable fans forum I have ever visited and one of the reasons I keep popping back...well done Lofty take a bow...and go on and kick some Ulster Arse tonight..this site is a credit to both the supporters and the club
in BOD we trust
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:21am
Trubshaw family grave is in Old Road Cemetery close to my parents.
Is that land I see on the horizon, it must be Menorca
al08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:30am
Lofty - Don't do a Michael Jackson on us!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic