Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bill and Ben

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bill and Ben
    Posted: 24 June 2011 at 11:16am
Ok, i know most think A Evans and Greasy Chips are the modern day equivalent to the original Bill and Ben the flowerpot men, but who can remember watching the programme. I can, i was an addict.
I also thought Little weed looked like my eldest sisterWink,

Edited by lofty evans - 24 June 2011 at 12:41pm
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:11pm
Surely, next season in the enclosure, Mike and Gate 12 would be B & B, and young Evans would be weed?
#George
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Surely, next season in the enclosure, Mike and Gate 12 would be B & B, and young Evans would be weed?
Shocked, my frame is streamline mun. Agree about Mike and Gate though.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

Them were the days mate, lucky you are still like that. I consider myself "comfortable" now.
#George
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:25pm

Next time I'm chatting to my father I'll ask him about the programme because I ain't got a clue what you're on about.

I assume all the south stand crew will join in on this being of that age or above.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Next time I'm chatting to my father I'll ask him about the programme because I ain't got a clue what you're on about.

I assume all the south stand crew will join in on this being of that age or above.
Here you go Gate i will give you a helping hand, your on the right Wink

We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:40pm

Prefer the black and white version, cos thats how i watched it. Colour TV was for the rich in those days.

Edited by lofty evans - 24 June 2011 at 12:41pm

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Prefer the black and white version, cos thats how i watched it. Colour TV was for the rich in those days.

Just for you Lofty ....
http://www.archive.org/details/watch_with_mother_the_flowerpot_men
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 2:27pm
I am surprised you remember Bill and Ben Lofty, I was young when they were on Watch with Mother about 1.30 monday to friday.As well as B and B there was the Woodentops, Andy Pandy and another couple I cant remember.At the time it was the only tv for little kids.
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 3:36pm
Clangers, Camberwick Green, Trumpton and Magic Roundabout in my days... All in Black & White because we couldn't afford a colour tv set from Rediffusion..
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 3:47pm
They will merely be the north stands bitches next season. Nothing more than gimps. I sense dark times ahead on the forum.....
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Clangers, Camberwick Green, Trumpton and Magic Roundabout in my days... All in Black & White because we couldn't afford a colour tv set from Rediffusion..

ClapUn-surpassed since.
maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 9:27pm
Windy Miller
Up the bum no harm done.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by maldwyn<strong> maldwyn wrote:

Windy Miller

Absolute ace, Clap

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

I am surprised you remember Bill and Ben Lofty, I was young when they were on Watch with Mother about 1.30 monday to friday.As well as B and B there was the Woodentops, Andy Pandy and another couple I cant remember.At the time it was the only tv for little kids.

What do you mean suprised, i was their biggest fan. Watch with mother, bloody woodentops, Andy Pandy, all good feeding stuff for empty minds, marvellous.

Banana splits was brill as well with all those furry characters, great cartoons.

Ok another one, who used to attend the Cinema club in Llanelli every Saturday morning. I was there, Big smile 

Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:41pm
The Hair Bear Bunch!
#George
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic