Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

unsung legends? andy hill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 7:46pm

Redeyes i take your point about Andy living in Swansea but surely he would have an affinity to the club he represented on so many occasions. I was too young to remember Andy playing but hes part of our folklore.

I do not wish to know details and i wouldnt expect you to post them here either, but has he got sour grapes with us for some reason redeyes.??

West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 7:56pm
Yes Andy Hill one of the all time great Scarlet scoring machines, not many wingers could handle his pace, he could also drop a goal from anywhere in the opositions half and long range round the corner kicks were his speciality. Gorseinon boy, but a couple of years ago followed the mob from the Liberty. Our other wing at that time was Roy Mathias different type of player, where Andy would run around the oposition Roy would run through a brick wall, the northern scouts took him to Saint Helens where he still runs a pub. great Scarlets the two of them.Clap 
YMA O HYD
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:00pm
Roy Mathias was at the last game at Stradey and i spoke to him with Brian Butler
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

I'm in contact with Andy reasonably regularly. He's an Osprey supporter through and through. Can't really blame him as he's a penlan boy. Iknow he's attending a dinner at the parc next year, but i dont think he will be attending many games.
Cant wait to see loftys face after this one.....mind you lofty is living in swansea so perhaps hes a opsprey supporter too......cant blame him eitherWink

Penlan, ah Bony is my stomping ground mun,,
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:06pm
Loftys hero is an osprey.....hell be shouting for liccle shane and Dan the man Bigger next
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:07pm

Loftys hero is an osprey.....hell be shouting for liccle shane and Dan the man Bigger next

Because i was brought up in Llanelli and not thrown up, i will not respond,,, until i see you MF...

Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Because i was brought up in Llanelli and not thrown up, i will not respond,,, until i see you MF...

Bony boy now arnt you mwsh.......loves it u does ....i could respond nasty like mwsh but im feeling sorry for you ..mucca ...the fabric of your world must be falling apart..(btw are still wearing your golden shell suit friday)LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:12pm

Bony boy now arnt you mwsh.......loves it u does ....i could respond nasty like mwsh but im feeling sorry for you ..mucca ...the fabric of your world must be falling apart..(btw are still wearing your golden shell suit friday)LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Can we please have an emoticon for dick,,,

Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:16pm
Censored HEAD!  is the best I can come up with Lofty!
We all had Doctor's papers!
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:17pm

We alrady have one...Its a sean Connery lookalike............

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Roy Mathias was at the last game at Stradey and i spoke to him with Brian Butler

Brian Butler is a regular at the Parc with Robert Fouracre and David Prenderville. Fringe players maybe when the all blacks were in town but between them, they played alot of times in a Scarlet shirt.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Redeyes i take your point about Andy living in Swansea but surely he would have an affinity to the club he represented on so many occasions. I was too young to remember Andy playing but hes part of our folklore.

I do not wish to know details and i wouldnt expect you to post them here either, but has he got sour grapes with us for some reason redeyes.??

No sour grapes that i'm aware of.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

POPPADOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POPPADOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 11:13pm

We alrady have one...Its a sean Connery lookalike............

Whats going on guys....... bringing Mrs P on saturday think she will have to sit between you with a yellow and red card ??OuchOuchOuch

31st October 1972
    The Greatest day in
     SCARLET HISTORY
      "I WAS THERE !!"
coach driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:49am
walkig home from the glen one night about 3 in the morning bit little bit tipsy and when i was stopped by a police man and ask for my address were i lived i replyed number 1 ANDY HILL the only thing i could think of
Coach Driver
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 7:23am
THE point not covered so far is that in an era where caps and International games are as plentifil as confetti, Andy "Pandy" Hill was never capped. From the same era and team, I don't think Selwyn Williamscwas capped either.

Without doubt, Andy is one of the greatest Scarlets ever. People should also remember that the boots and balls used had none of the technology that we see today.

I really wish that someone at the Scarlets would have a word with the BBC to see if it is possible to get some of the highlights of this era put on a dvd. For alot of us on here it was the era we were hooked and I'd love it for some of the younger uns seeing the likes of Andy, Selwyn, Tommy David and Delme in full flow against The Jacks and Neath.
In Pivac we trust
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:32am
Selwyn Williams, another unsung hero and dont get me started on the disservice we did for him in selecting Chico to play the All Blacks...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic