Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Jones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Wrigley Man Wrigley Man wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

There is no way a die in the wool Jack/Osprey like Ryan Jones will finish his career with us. 

Wanna bet?
Come on, if you know something - spit it out Shocked
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Seriously though, He seems a loyal servant to the Ospreys, they would surely have had to piss him off greatly or be desperate to get rid of him.

Great player and good role model though

Spot on,,,, though he would be far better at everything, if he played in Scarlet and if your reading the topic yet again Ryan, have a nice day from the Lofty brigade down by the Liability,,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:42pm
What is true is the O's, like the Blues, are not skimming a bit of their payroll, they are looking to take out big chunks.

They had an acceptable offer for Bowe whilst still in contract, and have interest in Ian Evans from many parties (again still under contract)...they also have/are letting a large number of squad players.

What I'm saying is that if the right offer for Ryan came along, and he wanted to go, then it could well happen.

Un-heard of in recent times.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:43pm

There is no way a die in the wool Jack/Osprey like Ryan Jones will finish his career with us. 

Wanna bet?

1. Please explain to me why he would want to leave the Ospreys, when some would argue he is playing his best rugby for 3-4 years?

2. Where are we getting the money from to sign a Georgian prop, an Argentinian 2nd row and a current welsh squad member?

3. Are there any immigration controls in cloud cuckoo land?

1) Skint,

2) Loss of players equates to wages being available,

3) No immigration controls into Llanelli,

4) Do you get any joy from anything, Smile

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

What is true is the O's, like the Blues, are not skimming a bit of their payroll, they are looking to take out big chunks.

They had an acceptable offer for Bowe whilst still in contract, and have interest in Ian Evans from many parties (again still under contract)...they also have/are letting a large number of squad players.

What I'm saying is that if the right offer for Ryan came along, and he wanted to go, then it could well happen.

Un-heard of in recent times.

You just had to spoil it with a sensible post,,,,,,,,,,Embarrassed

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:45pm

Huge Pack, amazing back-line. I thinkk we'll have to double the price of tickets next year to cope with demand.

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:46pm

Wanna bet?
Come on, if you know something - spit it out Shocked

The wife went bonkers when i wound the window down and did that, she looked like the Undertaker on WWE, eyes rolled back and everything,

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:47pm

Huge Pack, amazing back-line. I thinkk we'll have to double the price of tickets next year to cope with demand.

Good Bee ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

1) Skint,

2) Loss of players equates to wages being available,

3) No immigration controls into Llanelli,

4) Do you get any joy from anything, Smile

See my posts in the Carizza thread. We may have been fortunate but this EXACTLY the sort of player that we should be targeting.

Ryan Jones will not be coming here.
In Pivac we trust
brynturk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brynturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:31pm

QUALITY - Love it !!!!
Well it was back in 1884.... when we wore the colours for sure !! From Fiji to the Wallabies they all know where we're at........... The 72' All Blacks, they'll tell you that!!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 5:34pm

Wanna bet?

1. Please explain to me why he would want to leave the Ospreys, when some would argue he is playing his best rugby for 3-4 years?

2. Where are we getting the money from to sign a Georgian prop, an Argentinian 2nd row and a current welsh squad member?

he's not alone on this rumour, i have also heard this. but what comes from what we think is a good source isnt always true.but in regards to your questions though -

1. Please explain to me why he would want to leave the Ospreys, when some would argue he is playing his best rugby for 3-4 years? eventhough still in contract ospreys are £18m in debt are fighting EXTREMELY hard to get ther playing budget down to £3.5m.

2. Where are we getting the money from to sign a Georgian prop, an Argentinian 2nd row and a current welsh squad member? we are still trying to get UPTO £3.5m a year for our squad, we had 18 players out of contract, Lamont, Ben, Dom, already gone, manu (runoured to dragons), iestyn, rhys t (both possible retirements, steve (rumoured to leave), lou reed (rumoured to blues, exeter and worcester), then theres players like dan evans, fenby etc, (fringe players who are out of contract and who can be replaced by boys from the acadamy if they leave.)

scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Alun Alun wrote:

Heard on the grapevine that we are linked with Ryan Jones again. Heard this from 2 different people, however, I do not take any responsibility if it's not true!!!! LOL

Don't shoot the messenger!

Ha Ha, You just couldn't resist posting it though, unlike loads who have heard this rumour. Has D'Arcy not taught you anything ;-) Was the glory of it coming true to hard to resist.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 10:05pm

he's not a jack is he ?
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 10:14pm
No Ryan is a Newport boy originally.
We all had Doctor's papers!
Wrigley Man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrigley Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 10:34pm

Wanna bet?

Bloody hell mun Pimp, it must be well boring living in your worldLOL. Loads of negitivity in your questions, where's the faith mun Wink
Allez Scarlets
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by merthyr.T.x.scarlets merthyr.T.x.scarlets wrote:

He'll finish with bridgend  if any one not us
I'd be very surprised if he drops down to semi pro rugby.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic