Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Coke zero.

Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavourings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.

Sounds well healthy.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Sam Cheese Sam Cheese wrote:

Coke zero.

<span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavourings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">
</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Sounds well healthy.</span>

You must never have eaten a Scarlet Pie being an anti Coke Zero chap.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:47pm

Coke zero.

<span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavourings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">
</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Sounds well healthy.</span>

Read today that cereal bars are worse than a bottle of coke.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

No idea what Thatcher has to with anything.

Ethics and business haven't historically mixed well you are right, nowadays its a pre requisite for attractign busines though?

And its not 'my model'...Coca Cola made a net profit of $8bn and Macdonalds $5bn last time out...they are successful businesses by any benchmark.

My point here is they both offer health aware products...its up to the consumers to decide what they buy.

McDonalds' "health aware" products are a sop to deflect from the fact that their business is flogging fantastically unhealthy food. No actually one buys it. It's the health equivalent of "greenwash".

I'm struggling to think of what a healthy Coca Cola product could be.
Im not defending any one ..but obviously sam you dont frequent pubs because they serve beer and its not good for you ....and obviously you have never tsted beer as its bad for you
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 9:20pm
I've recently been given a long list of food to avoid after having pre cancerous cells (Erythroplakia) removed from my throat. A few of which I have consumed today at Sixways.
The list includes ....
Benzoates, Benzoic Acid, E numbers E210 - E219, Crisps, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Fizzy Drinks & Tomatoes.
My mother always told me that Tomatoes were good for me.
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Ethics and business haven't historically mixed well you are right, nowadays its a pre requisite for attractign busines though?

And its not 'my model'...Coca Cola made a net profit of $8bn and Macdonalds $5bn last time out...they are successful businesses by any benchmark.

My point here is they both offer health aware products...its up to the consumers to decide what they buy.

McDonalds' "health aware" products are a sop to deflect from the fact that their business is flogging fantastically unhealthy food. No actually one buys it. It's the health equivalent of "greenwash".

Im not defending any one ..but obviously sam you dont frequent pubs because they serve beer and its not good for you ....and obviously you have never tsted beer as its bad for you

Traditionally, if one quotes a post, one is expected to make a point that in some way refers back to the quoted post.

Hope that helps.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 10:52pm

Traditionally, if one quotes a post, one is expected to make a point that in some way refers back to the quoted post.

Hope that helps.
Again the parrot replies
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 11:17pm

Hope that helps.
Again the parrot replies

Looks like we can look forward to another season of your meaningless, witless, knee-jerk replies spamming up the forum. It's quite reassuring in a way.
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 11:19pm

Hope that helps.
Again the parrot replies

Looks like we can look forward to another season of your meaningless, witless, knee-jerk replies spamming up the forum. It's quite reassuring in a way.
Interesting predictable replies...was hopeing for so much more
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 11:20pm
Well i had a massive English burger in Sixways with a load of chips cooked in some sort of cooking oil, topped with tomato sauce and scoffed the lot, swilled down with loads of Carlsberg and lots of chats with loads of scarlet people and the food was lush and im still sober, job done.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 12:23pm
PMSL!!! McD's, Healthy!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Hate to break this to you all, but there is just as much salt and sugar on the healthy menu options at McD's, than the skanky burgers and fries alike! ShockedShockedShockedShocked

The sodium and sugar content is alarming to say the least, you are better off having a full english fry-up! ShockedShockedShockedShocked

Anyone know the true reason why McD's add gherkins to their burgers? Basically, there is so much sugar in the burgers/buns/sauce, they'd have to be called confectionery without the gherkins!!!! ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked Their 'Shakes' used to be made with chicken/cow fat (inc ice creams) not so long ago, but believe this to have been addressed now. Also, their Milkshakes used to be called just 'Shakes' too, due to the 'Shakes' actually containing less milk than other ingredients!!! ShockedShockedShockedShocked

Best advice, McD's is best stayed away from unless you want to get fat as [beep]!!! ShockedShockedShocked If you are going to smash the fast food, KFC is probably the best 'Bad' option, or Subway! Thumbs Up

Edited by Mrfwon - 30 August 2012 at 12:23pm
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 12:25pm

Coke zero.

</span>

Read today that cereal bars are worse than a bottle of coke.
Been on UK Mums Website again postcode? LOL

Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 4:05pm

Coke zero.

Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavourings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.

Sounds well healthy.
HAHA You get this in Beechams for FFS!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL One is a drink, the other a cold remedy!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:03pm
Thought this was healthyeaters-r-us.com for a minute. Never associated rugby fans with healthy eating or drinking tbh - good work LOL
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:35pm
just say no mun

on the plus side theyre doing the best ice cream in town, sadly they turn the machine off in the early hours so no joy for midnight feasters grrr    
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

cheating robbing B'stards

5p for a PAPER bag, not a carrier bag, but a paper bag..

now I agree with the legislation regarding plastic bags, but I feel that those robbing fatherless people at McDonalds Trostre have jumped onto the bandwagon and used the legislation to increase profits..

I refused to pay the 5p so didn't get a bag, but they bagged up my fries anyway.....

go figure....

rant over...

Just to be totally pedantic. You can be fatherless without being a bastard. It should read unmarried parents. lol sorry. had to do it.

Do what I do. Don't eat the crap. KFC is much nicer lol
Through Thick And Thin!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic