Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George Earle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 3:58pm
I saw more from Earle and Kelly in 2 minutes than I ever saw from Reed and Day. The new boys just compound how bad the last two were. Finally we have some dog spirit! Agree about Timani when he came on too. His fitness has improved and i for one wouldnt like to be contesting for ruck ball with that collosus looking to smash me. Fair dooze, early days, butt our lock dept is looking well in order, and with a bit of 'ARGIE BARGIE' and more bok power on the way!
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 3:59pm
Don't forget Johan Snyman who will be announced this week.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

We also have our new 2nd row to be announced to further booster the pool

are we upto our nwq limit? how do these uncapped guys get work permits?
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 4:22pm
They are either seeking to be WQ through residency (Earle) or are WQ (Jake Ball), but others know more .......
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

I saw more from Earle and Kelly in 2 minutes than I ever saw from Reed and Day. The new boys just compound how bad the last two were. Finally we have some dog spirit! Agree about Timani when he came on too. His fitness has improved and i for one wouldnt like to be contesting for ruck ball with that collosus looking to smash me. Fair dooze, early days, butt our lock dept is looking well in order, and with a bit of 'ARGIE BARGIE' and more bok power on the way!

Correct Windell just watched the game again and Earle throws himself into rucks as if he enjoys hurting himself, ferocious mun and he is on our side and the difference in Reed and George is ocean wide. And at last we can compete.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

George Earle and Richard Kelly were fantastic.

Many on here through the last couple of weeks or so, including myself had Earle and Timani as starters but from what I saw last night I think that's a partnership that won't hit off as they are very similar, too similar. Earle and vallejos may be first choice, but Richard Kelly stand up, he really threw himself into the opposition and was agina fantastic in the line out. Few ospreys fans I know knew his potential and and were gutted that he left, especially to us. Same as Phillips and Gareth Owen.
Close call that one PE SA !
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 4:49pm
Earle dislocated his thumb thursday too but just got on with it. What an example this guy is setting.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 4:50pm
Good spot!!!! Meant "again"!!!! Spell check next time!!!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Earle dislocated his thumb thursday too but just got on with it. What an example this guy is setting.

As he said in the crys meeting, being physical is a state of mind. Raised in south Africa, your more or less born with a tough edge!

He has certainly showed us he has it and I really hope it rubs off on the rest of the pack as well as the youngsters coming through.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 5:44pm
looks as if george will want to play every game easterby  has to be careful when he plays him as already i think he could be key to our season. Let him  play next week then rest him for the O's.
kelly played really well last night never took backwards step. To think we have a nasty Aussie ,an athletic argie to come and not firgetting the younsters waiting in the wings.
Will ian evans be banned for O'S game ???????? could be big plus for us if he is  
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 6:01pm
You want to rest one of our best forwards for the O's game. Unbelievable.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
scarletswoman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletswoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 6:07pm
I think he means rest him the Connacht match so he's fresh for the O's,  no? 
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 6:29pm
Play him in every game...in a few weeks we will have 6 weeks of no rugby with the autumn internationals...plenty of time to rest then
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 7:18pm
i did mean rest him for the connaught game and make sure hes ready to go on a diet of raw meat the week before the O's come to town 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 7:26pm
How long will oam Evans be banned? I think play George now, when the cavalry come we can be more selective with resting players. Just thought his physicality and technique made a huge impact on the whole pack. He is our enforcers and sure he drove on the rest of the 8. Thought also Kelly was superb, did the donkey work, excellent pairing
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 7:45pm

George Earle is going to be a folk hero at the Scarlets without a doubt .

A great league debut,even with a disclocated thumb .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic