Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George Earle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

George Earle is going to be a folk hero at the Scarlets without a doubt .

A great league debut,even with a disclocated thumb .

God forbid but if he popped his shoulder he would shrug it off and pop it back in...hard mun,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 7:53pm
To be Christened 'The Duke' I think, with 'Duke of Earle' sounding from the terrace every time he does something good!

Jump-Jive-Bri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jump-Jive-Bri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

To be Christened 'The Duke' I think, with 'Duke of Earle' sounding from the terrace every time he does something good!
  Were you stood next to me in the Bin, I was singing this track to my self ,,   An old Classic  The Duke of Earl  by Gene Chandler, catchy number..
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 8:51pm
I was certainly in the Bin mate.

Say hello next time!

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

George Earle is going to be a folk hero at the Scarlets without a doubt .

A great league debut,even with a disclocated thumb .

Wil Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 11:15pm
There's a buzz about George Earle like there was when Dai Llew arrived, and I can see him being the cornerstone of the pack!
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:05am
Quote LIAM WILLIAMS might have been named official man-of-the-match for his stunning display in their humbling of Leinster but he was the first to praise the work of the Scarlets pack.

“It was a great start to the season for us – I thought we were outstanding,” beamed the Wales international following the comprehensive success.

“Our forward play was phenomenal and gave us in the backs the space to run.

“We knew Leinster were going to come with a big pack but ours matched it and more I guess.

“That was probably the best performance by myself and the squad since I have been here.

“We have got a really talented back-line – I thought Gareth Maule was exceptional and we scored some great tries.”

The exciting full-back’s willingness to counter and get involved led to an early contender for the try of the season with his breakaway being carried on by Aaron Shingler and Tavis Knoyle before Andy Fenby went over out wide.

“Full-back is my preferred position and that was my kind of game,” said Williams.

New coach Simon Easterby was delighted by the directness of his Scarlets’ pack and the 25-point margin of victory.

“If someone had said to me before the game that was the score-line and we would score seven tries and only concede two, I would have taken it,” he said.

“It’s not been a secret we needed to strengthen our front five and, to a man, they all showed up well.”

The former Ireland captain revealed South African acquistion George Earle insisted on playing despite dislocating a thumb just two days before their RaboDirect Pro12 opener.

“George is George and he wasn’t prepared not to play,” said former back-row forward Easterby.

He praised scrum-half Knoyle and outside-half Aled Thomas for their stewardship of Scarlets’ tactics.

“There was a real, good mix to our game from the half-backs,” Easterby went on.

“We ran when we needed to run, we passed when we needed to pass and we kicked when we needed to.

“That’s something, rewarding the forwards by kicking, we haven’t always done in the past.

“And we had ‘Sanjay’ (Williams) at the back. Leinster were putting some kicks up in the air but he was returning them like only he can.

“He’s a phenomenon really. He’s into everything and is a real weapon going forward and is solid at the back as well.

“I like the fact he’s into everything. Sometimes, he gets himself into trouble but, usually, he gets himself out of it.

That is outstanding.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

The former Ireland captain revealed South African acquistion George Earle insisted on playing despite dislocating a thumb just two days before their RaboDirect Pro12 opener.

“George is George and he wasn’t prepared not to play,” said former back-row forward Easterby.

That is outstanding.
Agreed! ClapClapClap You can't beat that for wanting to make an impression! ClapClapClap
Scarlets!!!
Jump-Jive-Bri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jump-Jive-Bri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:56am
Another Tune,,, If anyone is good at changing Lyrics  The Seekers 1966 hit  Georgy Girl

Could be "Hey there George Earle "
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Ian Lewis Ian Lewis wrote:

You want to rest one of our best forwards for the O's game. Unbelievable.
there are two games between now and the o`s. he meant play him against glasgow, rest him against connaught ready for the o`s game.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Quote LIAM WILLIAMS might have been named official man-of-the-match for his stunning display in their humbling of Leinster but he was the first to praise the work of the Scarlets pack.

“It was a great start to the season for us – I thought we were outstanding,” beamed the Wales international following the comprehensive success.

“Our forward play was phenomenal and gave us in the backs the space to run.

“We knew Leinster were going to come with a big pack but ours matched it and more I guess.

“That was probably the best performance by myself and the squad since I have been here.

“We have got a really talented back-line – I thought Gareth Maule was exceptional and we scored some great tries.”

The exciting full-back’s willingness to counter and get involved led to an early contender for the try of the season with his breakaway being carried on by Aaron Shingler and Tavis Knoyle before Andy Fenby went over out wide.

“Full-back is my preferred position and that was my kind of game,” said Williams.

New coach Simon Easterby was delighted by the directness of his Scarlets’ pack and the 25-point margin of victory.

“If someone had said to me before the game that was the score-line and we would score seven tries and only concede two, I would have taken it,” he said.

“It’s not been a secret we needed to strengthen our front five and, to a man, they all showed up well.”

He praised scrum-half Knoyle and outside-half Aled Thomas for their stewardship of Scarlets’ tactics.

“There was a real, good mix to our game from the half-backs,” Easterby went on.

“We ran when we needed to run, we passed when we needed to pass and we kicked when we needed to.

“That’s something, rewarding the forwards by kicking, we haven’t always done in the past.

“And we had ‘Sanjay’ (Williams) at the back. Leinster were putting some kicks up in the air but he was returning them like only he can.

“He’s a phenomenon really. He’s into everything and is a real weapon going forward and is solid at the back as well.

“I like the fact he’s into everything. Sometimes, he gets himself into trouble but, usually, he gets himself out of it.

That is outstanding.

I love this, ClapClapClap

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 12:39pm

Thanks speedy it does help to read the whole message before writing the reply.

It looks as though George is going to be intergral to our season and keeping him fit should be priority. He seems to be what we have been missing for the last 5 years and can be a great role model for the young 2nd rows we have coming through. Hope fully we can be luckier this season with no injuries to our key forwards then we will have nobody to fear this season.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Kooga View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kooga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 12:44pm
It is about time Earles had a nickname. Obviously it has to be 'The Duke'
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 4:37pm

The broken thimb thing would indicate that he does want it, and clearly fancies it. Fair play. Makes he receiving from restarts even more impressive.

#George
Scarlet Growler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Growler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Kooga Kooga wrote:

It is about time Earles had a nickname. Obviously it has to be 'The Duke'

Agreed! We need to get Tommo on board to play 'The Duke of Earle' before the next home game! Excellent start to the season, and Earle playing with a dislocated thumb - that shows the sort of commitment we need to see from the tight 5! Well played!!

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Yma o Hyd

North Enclosure Choir member since the Stradey Days.
PritchyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PritchyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 5:15pm
yep I agree, I wasn't at the game because I had to play cricket for pembrokeshire against cardiff. But I was getting updates of my mate, but I recorded it and watched it when I came back. The whole team played superbly, Kelly and Earle were awesome, Shingler and the props were awesome, and the backs were impressive too. Cant wait till the ospreys come to town! Clap Clap
Llanelli 9-3 Seland Newydd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic