Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which do you prefer
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [21.43%]
11 [78.57%]

Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PES or Fifa?
    Posted: 13 August 2013 at 11:24am
I've owned football games as long as I can remember:
Goal! on the NES, 
Italia 90,
Fifa International Football on the Mega-drive are among the first few.

After the first Fifa was released I stuck with EA through the ninties even though games like ISS and various others (Adidas Superstar Soccer) were coming out trying to compete with EA's substantial lead across the market.

Somewhere at the turn of the century though, every new Fifa that came out barely changed anything and it felt like EA were just phoning it in year after year with their licensed teams as long as people would still be buying. 
It was at this point that I converted to PES for a number of years, as a friend I lived with owned it and the arcade-y feel of the game-play allowed for a more exciting experience that what Fifa could offer. 

This continued until about 2 years ago where I've since converted back to Fifa for better online capabilities, PES turned into a lagfest and removed online multiplayer/co-op aspects that were in previous versions.

So what does everyone play/prefer? and what will you be buying this year?
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 11:53am
after years of loving Super Kick Off and Champions of Europe on the Master System, Fifa really took football gaming by storm.

Fifa did start to drop, with Pro Evo catching up fast, arguably made a few better games...but i always saw a lack of depth and could not really buy into it because of the lack of licensing.

Fifa have seriously upped their game last few years, but last year, i thought it was unacceptable that a massive bug in the game left a career crashing the game after the date 14th june 2014. a common fault that still has had no appology from EA, and no patch to fix it (stopped looking few months back and the game is on the shelf gathering dust).

if they have fixed it for fifa14, great, but I will not be buying it on release again. ill wait to see if the bugs of the last games have been rectified. if not, a year of no football games for me....GTA will have to do! and Rugby Challenge 2! 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 11:58am
That bug sounds ridiculous, I don't tend to do career mode anymore on either, just play online a lot. 

When I was hardcore PES, I would actually buy Fifa opening day and play it for a couple of hours and never like it. I won't do the same for PES anymore, taking out features that people use and enjoy is a backwards move but I just hope that EA don't follow suit at some point.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 12:08pm
I'll never buy FIFA again:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/wales-denied-place-fifa-13-2023777

Sensible soccer on the Amiga was the best ever.

ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 12:18pm

+1 to that.

Edited by ScarletSpiderman - 13 August 2013 at 12:19pm
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 12:29pm
Will you buy it again if they reintroduce Wales?

Bit embarrassed now that I've owned the game for almost a year and never noticed Embarrassed

Edited by m1nd3d - 13 August 2013 at 12:29pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 12:35pm

I wouldn't buy it again after that, with or without us being put back into it.  I know it's wrong but its just irked me, at the time, enough to stick in my head.

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

I think Wales might be in it next year. You can't have the mosty expensive player of all time without a nation.

But no, it's become the same game with updated kits and players for £50. I don't do much gaming anyway these days.....after playing for about 20 years it dawned on me that I've never been any good at any game. Ever. Apart from 180 darts on the spectrum.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 12:47pm
Well he's on the cover so you should hope that his country will be in the game!

I get what you're saying but it's the only game that I will just pick up and play at any point during the year. I've really gone off Cod games or any online fps.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 12:51pm
What about Rugby Challenge?  I must be honest that will be pulled out every weekend before we play so I can see how we will do.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 1:47pm
Didn't enjoy the first one, might get the Lions edition when it comes down in price.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 1:58pm

Didn't enjoy the first one, might get the Lions edition when it comes down in price.

If you didn't like the first one I wouldn't bother, more of the same with slight tweaks.  I guess a bit like Fifa and PES games lol.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 2:00pm
Maybe I won't bother then, the first one is still going for £21 on Amazon, it's almost 2 years old!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Maybe I won't bother then, the first one is still going for £21 on Amazon, it's almost 2 years old!
grapphically, hardly any change in rugby, game play slightly better, no.8 pick up options etc, then theres career mode....contract negotiations etc, you can either play with a salary cap or without a salary cap. its a challenge fair play.

i like the RC 2 personally.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 2:38pm

"While FIFA 14 is adding leagues, Konami's PES 2014 seems to be losing features. Due to 'aggressive licensing' by EA, PES will not feature any Spanish stadiums nor many other major European stadiums. Licensing has always been a problem for PES, so fans may be used to it by now, but the problem seems to be getting worse every year.

To add insult to injury, developing PES 2014 to a tight schedule with a their new 'FOX' engine has meant the game will not feature rain. Konami insist this will return in 2015, but this year if you're playing in northern European leagues, the weather will always be surprisingly pleasant compared to what you see in real life."

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

I think Wales might be in it next year. You can't have the mosty expensive player of all time without a nation.

But no, it's become the same game with updated kits and players for £50. I don't do much gaming anyway these days.....after playing for about 20 years it dawned on me that I've never been any good at any game. Ever. Apart from 180 darts on the spectrum.

I can confirm Wales are in Fifa 14. Three and a half stars but they are playable.

Currently addicted to Ultimate Team, cleaver concept.

Edited by minded - 28 September 2013 at 11:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic