Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crys16 - Meet the New Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 4:07am
I'm sure half the keyboard warriors on here would crap themselves before actually having the balls to ask the type of questions they suggest on here. Why try and hijack what was obviously meant to be a pleasant and convivial evening welcoming new players to he club by trying to be controversial when those said people really having nothing to do with the sort of decisions you are talking about. There are meetings like AGMs and so forth for those type of points surely. Well done to the committee of CRYS for sparing the time and actually doing something by organising these types of events rather than being a rude bore who hides behind the poison keyboard. Keep up the good work CRYS any chance of any like events down West.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 7:28am
It always makes me wonder when the keyboard warriors demand answers about matters that are private and confidential, how would they react if we started asking about their contractual responsibilities with THEIR employers.
Grow up people, it has nothing to do with us, no matter how strongly you feel about it.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 7:41am
Was the joint captaincy question anything to do with the new players ?
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 8:14am
No it wasnt neither was the question about the number 8 recruitment, but they also weren't questions about an ex employees contract which in effect this is.

Scarlets are employers fenby was an employee and rightly so they will not discuss any individuals details at an open forum, much the same as if started asking your employer about your last end of year review and your pay rise I would rightly be told its between you and the company.

Some decisions are private if fenby chooses to tell people turnbull blows fire from his ass do we expect the region to comment on it? Fenby told one member we didnt offer him a contract and he told another member he was moving closer to his mrs and the accounting firm he worked for. It really shouldn't need clarifying by the club to work out why this might have happened. ....
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:10am
Encouraging comments from Jordan being prepared to play wherever he's asked, as long as he's playing it'll soon become evident what position will be best for him in pro rugby so that attitude is ideal.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:30am
It sounds like there are lots of encouraging comment coming out of the camp, I particularly like the talk of winning things.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I'm sure half the keyboard warriors on here would crap themselves before actually having the balls to ask the type of questions they suggest on here. Why try and hijack what was obviously meant to be a pleasant and convivial evening welcoming new players to he club by trying to be controversial when those said people really having nothing to do with the sort of decisions you are talking about. There are meetings like AGMs and so forth for those type of points surely. Well done to the committee of CRYS for sparing the time and actually doing something by organising these types of events rather than being a rude bore who hides behind the poison keyboard. Keep up the good work CRYS any chance of any like events down West.

Get off your high horse you may fall off and hurt yourself!

Asking questions like "was fenby offered a new contract " is hardly being a keyboard warrior and doesn't really require much in the terms of balls does it?

granted last night was not the time and place to do it but there will be a time and lets not kid ourselves our board are not above making mistakes or above reproach and that is something something forum members need to remember.

Anyhow as I said well done to crys 16 for setting these things up and thank you for updating us as much as I moan and whinge I do appreciate the effort time and time you guys put into the region and the feedback you provide.

Edited by RR1972 - 28 August 2013 at 9:51am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Get off your high horse you may fall down and hurt yourself!

Asking questions like "was fenby offered a new contract " is hardly being a keyboard warrior and doesn't really require much in the terms of balls does it?

granted last night was not the time and place to do it but there will be a time and lets not kid ourselves our board are not above making mistakes or above reproach and that is something something forum members need to remember.

Anyhow as I said well done to crys 16 for setting these things up and thank you for updating us as much as I moan and whinge I do appreciate the effort time and time you guys put into the region and the feedback you provide.

I have no doubt the question will be asked, but i cannot imagine they will comment on an individuals contract negotiations, no matter how much they are pushed.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:53am

Yeah, but you've got to remember that the management and players that attend these events are under no obligation to do so. It's down to a good work of CRYS16 that these things happen and I can speak from first hand that nothing ruins the mood of these events when someone starts questioning the decisions of the management / Board.

Are we shareholders demanding answers (I appreciate that some of us are)? This isn't a PLC where our Dividend payment is likely to be affected. These aren't mandatory events and if some of the questions are negative or irrelevant (do we really need to know if Fenby was offered a contract? Is that really our business?) then the Scarlets will stop holding these events.

I'm not saying everyone should sit there grinning like morons and drinking down everything that is said - but these are honest, positive forms and the negative questions really sully the spirit of them. 
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by scarletswoman scarletswoman wrote:

Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

Garan quite vocal on what he called the "unfair criticism" that McCusker had received last season especially on Scarlet Fever

good for Garan and I'm glad that's been noted. Rob was put in an impossible position almost with next to no support and the amount of people who turned on him on here I thought was pretty bloody bad. I'm very happy to see that he's going to be given more support this year. 

Hear. Hear.
Joshua24:15
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Yeah, but you've got to remember that the management and players that attend these events are under no obligation to do so. It's down to a good work of CRYS16 that these things happen and I can speak from first hand that nothing ruins the mood of these events when someone starts questioning the decisions of the management / Board.

Are we shareholders demanding answers (I appreciate that some of us are)? This isn't a PLC where our Dividend payment is likely to be affected. These aren't mandatory events and if some of the questions are negative or irrelevant (do we really need to know if Fenby was offered a contract? Is that really our business?) then the Scarlets will stop holding these events.

I'm not saying everyone should sit there grinning like morons and drinking down everything that is said - but these are honest, positive forms and the negative questions really sully the spirit of them. 

I didn't dispute that and I didn't say yesterday was the right time or place to ask them.

But in effect every season ticket holder, every supporter who buys a shirt or pays their money or most of all makes an emotional investment is a share holder of sorts in our club.

I take my hat off to Crys 16 who organise these things and take time out of their woking lives to do so.

Attending these sort of functions is the very least the clubs players and coaches should do.

I know they are busy people but they are only busy people like crys 16 and us fans choose to go watch our team.

So a little bit of pay back is the least we can expect

One of the reasons I have followed the scarlets is because of the bond of the players and the fans over the years, can you imagine delme , benny ,or even the likes of simon davies and john davies not being approachable to us fans?

In all honesty if I was a player I would want to attend these sort of events.

It beats a night in doing video analysis or hitting the gym (again)

Edited by RR1972 - 28 August 2013 at 10:40am
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 11:05am

The purpose of the event was to meet and welcome the new players.

I think it would be pretty poor form to then go on about players who've left.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 11:40am

Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

I didn't dispute that and I didn't say yesterday was the right time or place to ask them.

But in effect every season ticket holder, every supporter who buys a shirt or pays their money or most of all makes an emotional investment is a share holder of sorts in our club.

I take my hat off to Crys 16 who organise these things and take time out of their woking lives to do so.

Attending these sort of functions is the very least the clubs players and coaches should do.

I know they are busy people but they are only busy people like crys 16 and us fans choose to go watch our team.

So a little bit of pay back is the least we can expect

One of the reasons I have followed the scarlets is because of the bond of the players and the fans over the years, can you imagine delme , benny ,or even the likes of simon davies and john davies not being approachable to us fans?

In all honesty if I was a player I would want to attend these sort of events.

It beats a night in doing video analysis or hitting the gym (again)

As it happens it seems to be a big factor in people coming down here and finding it easy to settle, snyman mentioned last night how nice it was to be accessible by the fans, as in south africa the crowds are bigger but you don't get the chance to meet and chat to the fans much.

Barclay also mentioned that when he told lamont he had signed for us he said you will love it down there.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 12:25pm

I look forward to the reports of you asking the difficult questions you propose to put to the board at subsequent meetings. I will not however hold my breath. I have no where said that the board are perfect far from it but for you to have a go at the evenings organised by people who put themselves out for the benefit of others as you did in yoyr original message is rude in my opinion. If that puts me on high horse then so be it.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 12:32pm

I look forward to the reports of you asking the difficult questions you propose to put to the board at subsequent meetings. I will not however hold my breath. I have no where said that the board are perfect far from it but for you to have a go at the evenings organised by people who put themselves out for the benefit of others as you did in yoyr original message is rude in my opinion. If that puts me on high horse then so be it.

Please feel free to point out where I had a go at those organising this event, because I haven't! In fact just the opposite I have praised crys 16 for this event and done so several times on this thread

do you honestly think I or other members here on this forum would not ask a question to the board? (when it is the right and proper time to do so)

These people are not stalin like dictators who can haul you off to the Siberian mines if you ask them something they don't like.
They would either answer the question or they would simply refuse to answer or say something like we cannot comment on an individual contract.

get a bit of perspective for goodness sake

Edited by RR1972 - 28 August 2013 at 12:37pm
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 12:44pm
Thanks for the feedback folks, but I'm puzzled as to why Fenby's contract (or lack of) keeps coming up on various threads all of a sudden.  Is it because  we've ran out of things to say about North, or what?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic