Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UKIP and the rise of the right

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 2:55pm
My reason for voting UKIP.....in the main protest however I would rather they have the ammuntiion to attack Europe from within. They will I think never have sufficient votes or policies to wing a general election.

Why did I vote, I do believe in continuing with buisness links with Europe which is what basically the Common Market was supposed to about.

However what I strongly believe should be completely out of a pen pushers hand in Brussels are
1. Control over the Judiciary and Law making in our country
2. Control over basic decision making by our Government with European dictat
3. Human rights Act. The basics of it are right and true the right to life, the right to not be tortured etc, but when it is used to award multiple murders compensation for being upset in jail you have to question where does the morale compas point
4. Immigration irrelevant of your feelings, beliefs it should be our Goverments decision on who, how many and when we accept. If we want to adopt an entry system similar to Australia say based on trades and skils to the benfit of our country then we should be able to as opposed to be dictated to by Brussels. Similarly if we want a free for all then that should be our choice.

The european juggernaut has taken to many sorry no been given to many of the basic rights of governance to the point that parlimant is almost worthless.

That is whu I and probably many others are diisillusioned. Revert back to trade links, restore our rights of governance before the disinfranchised actually put them in control of coucils throughout the land 
Sponsored Links

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

My reason for voting UKIP 

LOL somehow, I just knew you would. Clap
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by OwainLlanedi OwainLlanedi wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

They should be able to speak either English or welsh though. Human right shite.

How little do I want to live in a country run by you Sosban FACH.

The irony of you saying they should be able to speak the language and you getting your own username wrong does make me laugh. Pedantic, I know, but funny.

You again, time of the month again is it? Either English or welsh. Did I say I can speak welsh? No and that's the majority of Welsh people due to being bummed over by another country. Carry on with your views and I mine. Don't bother having a pop though mate.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 3:53pm
UKIP bunch of clowns, no more no less
OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

A rare moment of 100% agreement between the two of us. Lets celebrate
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 4:12pm

but you can't just say that anymore....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 4:16pm
If, in a referendum, there was a vote for the UK to stay in Europe (and I'm sure we would vote that way - just about), that's game-over for UKIP. Call their bluff, I say.

OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

A rise in their electoral mandate doesn't validate their ideology for all.
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by OwainLlanedi OwainLlanedi wrote:

A rise in their electoral mandate doesn't validate their ideology for all.

no it doesn't but when over £4m vote for them then they have to be taken seriously.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 5:16pm
We'll see how popular they are when the general election comes round next year. I don't think they will win a seat.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

If, in a referendum, there was a vote for the UK to stay in Europe (and I'm sure we would vote that way - just about), that's game-over for UKIP. Call their bluff, I say.

Agree. Would be interesting to do this as a quick poll.... and we know how UKIP feel about polls.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Agree. Would be interesting to do this as a quick poll.... and we know how UKIP feel about polls.

Haha
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

We'll see how popular they are when the general election comes round next year. I don't think they will win a seat.

They'll target certain seats and they may well be able to get Farage in. We'll see how they go in the by-election coming up soon.  Worse case scenario would be they pick up five to ten seats and are able to prop up a minority conservative government in coalition. I think i'd leave the country and go and live in Poland if this happens.
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:36pm

Just because they had people vote for them doesn't mean they aren't still a bunch of clowns.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:45pm
BBC Wales Today just interviewed a stall holder in Pontypool market who voted UKIP as he felt that Farage could "sort out Wales financial problems" (paraphrased by me)

Ignoring the fact that UKIP couldn't give a stuff about the Welsh as they're not English, Pontypool market has been refurbished using EU money. This is money that plainly isn't available from Cardiff Bay due to the paltry settlement we get from Westminster, resulting in teachers and health workers being made redundant (just stop and think about that for a minute. Are our hospitals becoming less busy? Do we really require fewer teachers?). So there'd never be money to fund a market, let alone Llanelly House, super fast broadband and road improvements. In fact, the EU "donates" £1.9bn to Wales - far more than we put in. It's been calculated that every Welsh person gets £40 more each back from EU funding than they put in.

Again, I agree the EU needs urgent reform, but Welsh UKIP voters need to be careful not to bite the hand that feeds. It's not all about Eastern Europeans (who mainly pay taxes like everyone else. Daily Mail hysteria about claiming benefits for their tens of kids back home in Warsaw - what about those Welsh people too lazy to get off their arses?).

As for repatriation of immigrants, will the ex-pats in Malaga and other Spanish resorts come home to Blighty? What about those who have emigrated to Australia and other points on the world compass?

Edited by Abbey - 27 May 2014 at 7:50pm
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:50pm
There are several questions that need answering before people decide what is important, of course you don't want a foreign person living in town. But never mind about finding a Hospital or a school for your children or grand children. Lets hope your house prices go up that will cover your private health bills.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic