Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scottish Independence Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

What's it all about with George Galloway and that silly hat glued to his head even when sitting in that debating hall! Is he having an. Rooney type gardening "work" done under there I wonder! God knows why they have him on what should be a quality debate not by an odd ball maverick -stick to licking your cats cream George!  LOL

I had to turn the TV off during that debate due to that awful Nicola Sturgeon shouting at anyone and everyone. Bloody hell - reason along to grant the Jocks independence and cast them away from mainland UK. What a dreadful woman.

yes she was awful .I wonder whether it was deliberate tacky media work picking her and George ?!!! mmm -I think that I know the answer!
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 5:14pm
That was a farce.....the crowds ranting away every time some vapid slogan was read out, you may as well debate in the middle of the KOP end at lerpwl fc....As other posters have pointed out though, devo max appears the logical compromise. But call me dave and nik pleb are doing their best to throw it all away... meanwhile John "Doctor spock" redwood is has reappeared from outer space to try and cash in , demanding an english parliament with spock as benign dictator...at least he wont have to sing the welsh anthemHug
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 8:19am
Well, the vote is near and Plaid are going up en-masse to support independence. I wonder what they'd say if the Scots interfered with a Welsh vote?

I just hope we're not opening up another Northern Ireland here as it's turning rather nasty. With the polls indicating almost a 50:50 split, half the electorate are going to be disappointed with an irreversible decision they don't support.

Even though I fear economically for the future (I neither want my interest rate to rise nor have to bail out Scotland in the future), I really don't give a stuff if the UK breaks up. Actually, Cameron has turned my stomach over the past few days with his sickly pleading.
I also object to the Scots being given "devo max" at our expense, and actually agree with the calls for English only sessions in Westminster (or at least excluding Scottish MPs from votes that don't involve them should they remain in the UK).

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 2:52pm

Well, the vote is near and Plaid are going up en-masse to support independence. I wonder what they'd say if the Scots interfered with a Welsh vote?

Give the Labour blaaah a rest mun. Is it interference ? or Is it support? Everybody has got involved including David Cameron, Ed Milliband, Nick Clegg, The Yanks, The Spanish, Scottish Companies, English Companies, Scottish Celebrities, English Celebrities.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

Give the Labour blaaah a rest mun. Is it interference ? or Is it support? Everybody has got involved including David Cameron, Ed Milliband, Nick Clegg, The Yanks, The Spanish, Scottish Companies, English Companies, Scottish Celebrities, English Celebrities.

It's not Labour blah. I'm really trying hard to support Plaid, but I struggle with their statements such as saying not supporting Scottish independence means you automatically agree with the Barnett formula (Leanne Wood yesterday). Their support of Scottish independence is fatuous as it takes the position of wanting it because they think Wales will get a better deal with Scotland no longer being there. Where is the evidence for this?

Leanne Wood and Bethan Jenkins have been superb in supporting me lately on a personal matter, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:33pm
The total might of the establishment has been bearing down on Scotland for weeks now and the weight increasing to squeeze the spirit out of the Yes supporters. If the yes campaign wins against such immense pressure it will have been on of the greatest voting ballots in generations and the Scots will well and truly deserve their wishes for liberation and full control of their destiny - I can even see a film coming on!!Wink
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:55pm
Ha!

Fair comment, both of you, regarding interference from other countries as well as Plaid. Point taken.

TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 8:02pm
Personally after years of west minster abuse , i feel that it has to be a yes vote....Cmon you guys to see a nation with the balls to go forward , unlike us sheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 10:40pm
Theyre expecting a 97% turnout Shocked no doubt the ghost of william wallace will consume the no voters with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his anus horribulus
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 11:42pm
I think the overwhelming negativity and scaremongering of the Anglo-Saxon establishment far out-weighs any influence Plaid supporters might have. Hopefully seeing Cameron, Miliband, and Brown scaremongering and shedding crocodile tears for the Union should be enough to tip it for YES.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 6:28am
Cameron has a conundrum. YES means almost certain permanent Tory governments in Westminster, NO means that'll he'll go down in history as the Prime Minister that lost Scotland (like George III was the King who lost America).

Plus, an inevitable vote of no confidence.

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 12:38pm
Everyone is missing THE vital question though ...

If The Peoples Republic of Scotia does end up an Independent Democracy ....

When the heck will we have a British Winner of Wimbledon again ?

Edited by scarletman - 18 September 2014 at 12:39pm
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Everyone is missing THE vital question though ...

If The Peoples Republic of Scotia does end up an Independent Democracy ....

When the heck will we have a British Winner of Wimbledon again ?
it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens LOLLOLLOL 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 10:23pm
Murray voted Yes too.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 10:24pm
The time has come.Only a matter of hours now.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 10:49pm
Exit polls not looking good but my hope is still there. I'll rejoice at the end of this pathetic, plastic Union that exists in "our" Union. What a spur it would be for Wales, both ideologically, and in all likelihood politically to carve out our own niche and increase our autonomy.

Edited by OwainLlanedi - 18 September 2014 at 10:49pm
"Er gwaetha pob Dic SiƓn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic