Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Fever - 10 years old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlet Fever - 10 years old
    Posted: 08 August 2014 at 12:47pm
Belated 10 year anniversary for last Monday.

I know this wasn't the original forum but in terms of the current format, we've just turned 10 Big smile.

On a personal level, thanks to everyone for their contributions and keeping me entertained day-in/day-out for the last 5 years.
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 1:04pm
Have we grown up though? many of us act like 10 year olds already on SF !LOL
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 1:07pm
Met some brilliant and amazing characters through SF, made some life long friends and shared some horror moments as well.

Well done the mods and admin Clap
#George
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 1:15pm
Happy Birthday SFever.

Word of thanks to the Admin boffins too.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Met some brilliant and amazing characters through SF, made some life long friends and shared some horror moments as well.

Well done the mods and admin Clap
and you met me as well
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 1:45pm
Kid A joined a few days after this place opened it's doors; the analogic equivilant of those birds who camp outside of Next to get there first for the discount underpants.

Been a great 10-years. Or however long I've been here (well, great for me, less great to people who I've met via Fever).

But happy birthday to the old cow anyway.

Edited by PearlJam - 08 August 2014 at 1:46pm
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 1:55pm
Happy B.day SF, other 10 of 10 of 10..great place!
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 1:58pm
I Joined on the 18th August 2004 ... Seems like yesterday that Wizard thrust a business card in the palm of my hand !

Some of those early Feverites don't get seen too often on here any more ....

Wizard
Bin Laden
Boynsmun
Chesswithdeath
Pwllender
UrsaMajor

Oh & and of course Smelly Mike !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 3:26pm
Great stuff-Penblwydd hapus SF!
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 4:46pm
PJ if you and Kid A have been on the forum that long where you both old enough to join the Fever Happy Birthday Fever and a big thanks to everyone who keeps it going.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 12:30pm
Awesome stuff, 10 years deserves a pint or three for sure!!!! Well, here is to another 10, let's bring it on!!!!

A huge thanks to all that make it happen, without you, there'd be no Scarlet Fever!!!
Scarlets!!!
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 10:41pm
Happy one all...it feels like a lifetime not 10 years...
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 11:15pm
I was taking some photo's of the development of Parc Y Scarlets when I bumped into Ursa Major who informed me about Scarlet Fever and suggested I joined the forum. 12961 posts later I'm still here and I still enjoy the forum.

As others have said you meet loads of people as a result of being on here and consequently my Scarlet supporting has been enriched by those friendships.

You could say the forum has been healthier in the past, bit like the Scarlets I suppose. But as it is with the Scarlets it always has the potential to be better with proper support.

Its almost fashionable to knock the forum, people favouring other social media. And its noticeable that many old favourites no longer post. But it will never improve if people dont contribute.

When I log in at work at lunchtimes my first port of call is Scarlet Fever, before I move on to Twitter. Hope that continues, and I'm sure it will.

Penblwydd Hapus!
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 12:23am
Been on here for over a year now.
It has definitely improved many aspects of my rugby watching experience.
Can't wait until I'm old enough to participate in club trips and put faces to names over the next few years.
Here's to another 10 years
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 11:44pm
Yes firstly a thanks to all the Admin people . The moderators do a good job,we are lucky that they do this for us. They remind me of the old Big five who used to pick the Welsh team.!!. I have made many friends through the forum.. It has brought many people together and has thrived in my opinion in uniting our away support especially at our away Heineken games. I joined in 2007 and remain here. Apart from 9-3 and Pearl Jam the forum are not a bad bunch.!! Hope to meet a few more this season. Ymlaen. YMA O HYD. Diolch i chi gyd.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2014 at 7:48pm
A superb vehicle that helps spread the news and sense of involvement, especially to those of us far away.

Addictive?

Indispensable.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic