Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bernard Thomas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 5:50pm
Sad news indeed, still so young. RIP. Pretty sure he did some coaching with local clubs, kidwelly??
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Sponsored Links

thomaso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote thomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 7:23pm
I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments about my wonderful husband Bernard. I was feeling lonely and upset, but reading what people said about him really made me feel better. Once again a massive thank you. Love from Debra Thomas x
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 7:55pm
Debra, so lovely of you to take the time respond to this Forum at this such sad time for you and your family. On rugby matters on here there will be fierce debate and argument, but one thing we share is the love of our club and the players over the years who have represented Our Badge and Our Community. Our thoughts are with you.
We all had Doctor's papers!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 8:03pm
Deepest sympathys Debra to you and your family at this sad time .

There will be a minutes silence in memory of Bernard before Saturday nights game against Treviso
Pwds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 8:31pm
Very sincere sympathies to Bernard's family.
I was lucky enough to meet him many times over the years and his enthusiasm for rugby was outstanding, from when I met him first as a 16 yr old through to only a few weeks ago.

Had he not played for the same club as a certain PB, he'd have attained even more than 199 Scarlet notches in my view.

I'm sure that the occassion of his passing will be recognised by the club.

A sad loss.

Deep sympathies.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 8:47am
Fair play to Bedwas, who offered to have a minutes silence before the game with Llanelli on Sunday. A fantastic gesture.

Rugby is a great game.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 10:12pm
40yrs ago today, Llanelli beat Tonga 24-15 at Stradey.

Bernard Thomas started at outside-half and dropped 2 goals.
mad scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 11:05pm
Didn't Bernard also play for Llanelli when they defeated the NZ Maoris in the early eighties ?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 7:15am
Originally posted by mad scarlet mad scarlet wrote:

Didn't Bernard also play for Llanelli when they defeated the NZ Maoris in the early eighties ?

Bernard played 10 .

Edited by 157cb - 18 September 2014 at 7:16am
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Bernard played 10 .

He was a 10 but played many games at centre if I recall rightly.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Roger Roger wrote:

Bernard played 10 .

He was a 10 but played many games at centre if I recall rightly.

Yes he also played centre.I guess there was a lot of competition then as ever with Phil/Grav/Bergier etc. I may be wrong but players in those days despite it being less protective to what would now be considered dangerous tackles, seemed to be a far less injury free then as of today where they are often out for months! So I think there were probably less opportunties to break into the first team and stay in there due to player injury. I am pretty sure the first 15 (then 16 -when 1  sub was allowed- quite unbelievable as of today really with 23 in the squad!) generally were unchanged keep in week out.  How times change-but Bernard was a very good utility player for us.
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 3:41pm

Bernard played 10 .

One of my earliest memories of stradey that game, I'm pretty sure the mighty buck Shelford lined up for the Maori side that day? Out of interest what was the scarlet xv on that day?
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic