Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow home / Llanelli carnival - 21st Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

I think that I might even email mark davies to see if he can put kick off time back half hr or something.

I think that the Tv companies will dictate the kick off time and he won`t have a choice Kc
one can but try pimp.!!!
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Sponsored Links

maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 9:36pm
I think there's bingo in the  Morris Motors Club on Friday nights.
Up the bum no harm done.
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 9:38pm
As stated the carnival committe have put a great deal of work into making the carnival a success over the last fee years and agree that it's one if the biggest night in llanelli's calendar year. It's v well attended and long may it continue. I will be going and if I can't make the Glasgow game then I can't. I attend every home game and a good few away, but on an occasion like this I feel that I need to support the town, whilst also having the magical time with the family, if the scarlets can put the kick off back great, if not I don't hold out much hope for a decent crowd, and it's also on tv. Last years was huge, and the carnival is wales biggest. Think it pulled around 20000 last year.

http://www.llanellistar.co.uk/Llanelli-s-Christmas-Carnival-set-record-breaker/story-19938435-detail/story.html

Edited by cymru2006 - 29 October 2014 at 9:59pm
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

As stated the carnival committe have put a great sealife work into making the carnival a success over the last fee years and agree that it's one if the biggest night in llanelli's calendar year. It's v well attended and long may it continue. I will be going and if I can't make the Glasgow game then I can't. I attend every home game and a good few away, but on an occasion like this I feel that I need to support the town, whilst also having the magical time with the family, if the scarlets can put the kick off back great, if not I don't hold out much hope for a decent crowd, and it's also on tv. Last years was huge, and the carnival is wales biggest. Think it pulled around 20000 last year.

http://www.llanellistar.co.uk/Llanelli-s-Christmas-Carnival-set-record-breaker/story-19938435-detail/story.html
great post
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 5:53am
Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Is the carnival night the thing where there's about 20 people shared between 4 floats? As a kid I remember sheadloads of floats but didn't it pretty much die?

You haven't been in the last few years then?

Nope haven't been in years. Well if that's the case then I apologise I didn't realise they rebooted it so brilliantly! Fair play to all involved.
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 7:23am
A perfect example of TV scheduling arrogance, unless the fact that an important carnival was being affected was not brought to their attention - in which case, bad show Scarlets
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:11am
When does the Carnival date get decided?

I can't believe people are giving the club a kicking over this tbh.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:45am
I would like to think that at least we were aware of the Carnival ; considered the merits of asking for the game to be shifted say 30 minutes later or so but were told it cannot be done. I doubt hundreds would have gone to see a game v Zebre if there wasn’t a clash of times but there would have been some, so in that sense having to choose (especially with young kids) is a hard one especially with the carnival "entry" at least being free (you can choose whether to buy products on the night). Anyway I am sure it's been noted by Scarlets employees on this forum!
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:52am
I would like to think that there has at least been dialogue between the Scarlets and the carnival organisers to see if anything could be done to facilitate people going to both.

There may not be much the Scarlets can do if it is being televised, however.

A real shame. Could cause some 'debates' within some households with young children!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:53am
Not sure what the Scarlets could have done here tbf. Sky pick the games 1st don't they? If so they obviously didn't fancy this game which left the BBC and S4C, i cant see why the BBC would move the game to suit a local event but the worst thing about all this is the fact Christmas lights are being turned on in November. Worlds gone mad Wacko.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 10:38am
1) Kick off will not move because of the carnival.
2) I suspect that there may be an effect, but I think it will probably be minimal.
3) Emailing Mark Davies won't help.
4) This is not the club's fault.
5) I'll be at the game.

Edited by Alun - 30 October 2014 at 10:38am
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 11:08am
Not saying there is any fault here, as tv would have dictated, but there should have been some knowledge of this clash, between all 3 parties, scarlets, council and carnical committee. just a real shame for the town. unfortunately on this occassion the town carnival, christmas lights and fireworks for the kids will have to come first and as such myself and my fellow 5 season ticket holders will not be at the game. This is a once a year event in the calender, and im sure there will be many doing the same
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 11:33am
If we moved Christmas and the Carnival to the summer there wouldn't be this problem. Can't believe the Club are so short sighted
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 2:51pm
The Scarlets match was announced way before the carnival date , So I don't know how people are criticising the Scarlets, if anyone blame the organising committee of the carnival.

I wont be attending the carnival, I will be at Parc Y Scarlets cheering the boys on
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 3:08pm
I'm actually back in West Wales for around 12 hours and will be at the match.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by InTheBath InTheBath wrote:

I'm actually back in West Wales for around 12 hours and will be at the match.
Coming back to see Santa in the carnival is the REAL reason you're back isn't it mate Big smile.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic