Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > BAZ LEWIS' SCARLET FEVER GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baz Lewis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 1:40pm
What a guy. Loved hearing that booming Brummie accent amongst the West Wales dialect. He was saying on Sunday how his Ulster trip was nearly as good as the one to Toulon - oh, and he had a cracking flat-cap on which we joked concealed some razor-blades he had hidden in case things "got tough" on the terrace.

Blinkin' heck, he'll be missed. 

Rest well, boss.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Sponsored Links

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 2:14pm
Apologies, missed this earlier. Totally shocked. My condolences to his family and close mates.
In Pivac we trust
TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 2:18pm
Will miss you big man ....stalwart of s3
love smellymike and val
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 2:49pm
Simply a genuinely nice guy who's heart was always in the right place, underrated qualities those are and there's not enough people in the world like that.

You'll be missed Baz.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 2:59pm
I'll never forget meeting him for the first time, aand wondering how the hell this Brummie not only had a link with the Scarlets, but why he was so passionate. And it was his passion, along with his huge personality, smile and sense of humour that marked him out as such a great character amongst the Scarlet family, and someone that so many of us were privileged not only have known, but called a friend. Over the years, he brought me scotch eggs and wine, and our discussions about the mundane, the interesting and even the downright ridiculous will stay with me for many a year. Many a tear will be shed this weekend, and in the coming weeks and the trip to Leicester will now take on a whole new significance. Big Baz's home game. God Bless Baz, Nos dda  
#George
shanghai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanghai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 4:25pm
RIP BIG BAZ
treviso 2010 best trip so far.glasgow not far behind.
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 4:37pm
RIP big fella.
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 4:42pm
To Val. I was never invisible to him, and I feel great sympathy to you in your loss. He will be missed.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
scarletswoman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletswoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 6:14pm
Still so shocked by this news. One of the nicest and most genuine person you could hope to meet, always made sure to stop and say hello, a true gent. 

RIP Baz, you will be missed by so many.

http://cornelsiobhan.wordpress.com/
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:27pm
I only brielfy met Baz in Belfast recently but seemed a genuine and decent man.
My thoughts and sympathies are with the family.
Scarlets am Byth
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:33pm
Just to echo the words of everyone on here. Only spoke with him on Sunday walking out of the stadium.

Baz and Val sat near me at Parc y Scarlets and loved the halftime chats with him about many things and loved hearing his brummie voice shout 'how are ya Young Evans'. Had a pint (or 4) with him recently in Toulon and as always he was wonderful company.

A true gentle giant who will be missed. Thoughts are with Val.

We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 7:25am
Thanks to MInded for not logging me out permanently yet and giving me the chance to post on this thread.

Picked up this awful news in transit from Asia on Friday night.

When I think of coming home, it's usually with a Scarlets fixture in mind, and with that in mind, Baz's face would always flash up as one of those guys you look forward to saying hello to. Always smiling, always bubbly, always courteous, polite and with a kind word..you'd make a bee line for him in the Concourse, in the barn or any away ground.

There are many way of defining a proper Scarlets fan, opinions vary, however no one's opinion would vary on Baz. He was one, one I will miss.

Val, I can't imaging how heartbreaking it must be for you, but in time, try and take strength from the words that so many have written about Baz, and above all stay in touch with your Scarlets family.

christaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 10:54am
a true scarlet. commitement, loyalty & passion. rip baz & condolences to the family you will be missed but never forgotten. chris & donna.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

What a guy. Loved hearing that booming Brummie accent amongst the West Wales dialect. He was saying on Sunday how his Ulster trip was nearly as good as the one to Toulon - oh, and he had a cracking flat-cap on which we joked concealed some razor-blades he had hidden in case things "got tough" on the terrace.

Blinkin' heck, he'll be missed. 

Rest well, boss.

Had a chat and laugh with Baz in Belfast about the flat cap.As big a Scarlet Supporter he was he was also a proud Brummie and the flat cap was part and parcel of the Birmingham base crime Gang 'Peaky Blinders' (As in TV Series) who in the early 20th Century were famed for the caps and razor blades. He smiled and winked and said these Country Boys out West have a lot to learn.
His lack of fondness to fly was epitomised in the recent coach trip from Coventry to Belfast where he arrived on Saturday morning about 10ish I think it was and he was horrified to find that Robinson's or any other local bar was not open for him to have a pint. I'm sure there will many more stories to be shared.
We all had Doctor's papers!
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 1:57pm
Shocked at this. Terrible news.

Thoughts are with Val and the rest of the family.

RIP Baz x.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 6:29pm
First met him at the London Irish game in 2009 when we had a great win there in the Heineken Cup. He told me the background to him being a Scarlet fan and I was blown away by his passion for the club.

A friendly, warm, and infectious man who really loved the club. Gutted by this news. Condolences to Val and his family.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic