Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets would like to talk to Halfpenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35002529

Leigh Halfpenny could be tempted back to Wales by a dual contract and be "looked after a bit more", says former Cardiff Blues captain Xavier Rush.

If Leigh wants to come back to Wales, plus has the ambition to play in the top level of European Rugby, then he'll HAVE to look West rather than East.
I'd welcome him here in a heartbeat.
Indeed -you could sponsor Leigh even with all your spare cash ? will do wonders for attracting new female customers to the driving School !!! Wink
Sponsored Links

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Leigh Halfpenny could be tempted back to Wales by a dual contract and be "looked after a bit more", says former Cardiff Blues captain Xavier Rush.
Bear in mind that's just him chatting on ScrumV radio. No actual knowledge of the player's intentions

Indeed, but I do think that XR has a point.

I'm sure that Leigh's welfare will be better managed in Llanelli and it's only down the road from where he grew up.

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 1:02pm
The quote from the BBC news is just misleading:
"However, the prolific goal-kicker is in demand, with the Blues reportedly interested, and Scarlets saying they would be keen to take the player back to Wales"

If we didnt have Wales best full back (albeit not goalkicker) and didnt have stronger needs up front to buy in plus a very tight budget, Leigh would be a great signing. (He was brought up closer to Llanelli than our great Carmarthen and beyond players!)  However, Liam wants full back and if Leigh does -then there is no chance. We arent Toulon and the players wont be happy either. If he fancies wing then its different but reckon he will move to Aviva next.

Edited by reesytheexile - 04 December 2015 at 1:03pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Bear in mind that's just him chatting on ScrumV radio. No actual knowledge of the player's intentions

Indeed, but I do think that XR has a point.

I'm sure that Leigh's welfare will be better managed in Llanelli and it's only down the road from where he grew up.

Good point. Do they even have Costas and Nandos in Toulon?
Enuff said
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 3:22pm
I think Ladram knows something, or Ladram thinks he knows something  or  he's bluffing. It's that simple. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I think Ladram knows something, or Ladram thinks he knows something  or  he's bluffing. It's that simple. 
know nothing of note,but I think if leigh signed for us it would be a massive statement of intent from the board,my confidence is bourne out of a customer from gorseinon who was adamant he was ours.
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 12:16am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

The quote from the BBC news is just misleading:
"However, the prolific goal-kicker is in demand, with the Blues reportedly interested, and Scarlets saying they would be keen to take the player back to Wales"

If we didnt have Wales best full back (albeit not goalkicker) and didnt have stronger needs up front to buy in plus a very tight budget, Leigh would be a great signing. (He was brought up closer to Llanelli than our great Carmarthen and beyond players!)  However, Liam wants full back and if Leigh does -then there is no chance. We arent Toulon and the players wont be happy either. If he fancies wing then its different but reckon he will move to Aviva next.

C'mon now.

Signing Leigh would be the greatest signing of our short history as a region bar none. Sanjay and Halfpenny would 100% fit in together here. Inevitably, there are going to be weeks when one is unavailable and flexibility will be key, but our back 3 would be up there with the top 2 or 3 in Europe then.
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 1:15am
Ambitious top players won't want to compete for top dog and I cannot see this happening in a month of Sunday's . I would also ask why money is not being spent on beefing up the pack as a priority need. So a great wish but just can't see it happening- I could be wrong !
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 9:47am
In light of what's being discussed on another thread, should we now abandon LH and put our cash into keeping Scott Williams ?
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 10:00am
Or maybe they're both linked?

'You can have Halfpenny on a NDC but you'll have to fund Scott yourselves' ??
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 10:03am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Or maybe they're both linked?

'You can have Halfpenny on a NDC but you'll have to fund Scott yourselves' ??

IF that is really the situation, it makes more sense to keep Scott, seeing as we already have Sanjay at 15 with back-up from Steff Evans and Aled T. 
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 10:05am
One of the leading figures in our Club told some friends last week that there is no way we would sign a Welsh international player in a position where we already have a Welsh international.

Edited by Roger - 05 December 2015 at 10:06am
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 10:07am
Hmmmmmm !

We don't have a Welsh international on either wing ????????
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2015 at 5:19pm
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/leigh-halfpennys-proposed-move-wasps-10575510

Wasps deal apparently off
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2015 at 6:04pm
Walesonline though?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2015 at 6:33pm
Bath interested?

That's a flippant question, just to be clear.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic