Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > EVENTS AT Y PARC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nitro circus - poor crowd, zero advertising?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

But come on seriously you can't compare the states to Llanelli,and being honest,unless your a fan of stunt bikes there is a very small amount of people into that. If it was cars you may have got more interest,it's definately only for fans of that genre

Yep have to agree especially at £50 a ticket! At £20 would have be been worth a watch but £50 is asking too much for something so many people will have little interest on. A lot of people knew about this and seemed the price put them off, which would be a good idea for a family day out.
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 10:19am
Not sure where everyone is getting this £50 price tag, cheapest tickets were £32

Edited by minded - 20 June 2016 at 10:21am
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

But come on seriously you can't compare the states to Llanelli,and being honest,unless your a fan of stunt bikes there is a very small amount of people into that. If it was cars you may have got more interest,it's definately only for fans of that genre

Yep have to agree especially at £50 a ticket! At £20 would have be been worth a watch but £50 is asking too much for something so many people will have little interest on. A lot of people knew about this and seemed the price put them off, which would be a good idea for a family day out.

I know of a few people who went up to it.  They were motorsport/motorcross enthusiasts and they thought that the ticket prices were cheap for what they were going to see.  And from the sounds of it they also had a real good time, and would go again if it were the next year.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I saw a lot of marketing for it. I kept on getting emails and Facebook hits.

So I went on the website, saw the price of tickets, and thought, no thanks.

I don't think you and I are alone there.
It sells out everywhere else that that money I'm afraid.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 1:52pm
They only sold tickets to one stand. 

The set up / ramps were set up for best view with only one stand in mind. 

Nitro Circus were very happy with sales night before the show in the pub. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 2:41pm
Seems a lot of not knowing the actual facts of the contract deal discussion on this thread so all very pointless IMO . Seems Lionel Ritchie had 25000 at the Liberty. He knocked out Glastonbury last year with mega show mind so reinvigorated career over here!  
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 4:39pm
A lot of defending the indefensible going on here....I dont care what deal they had the scarlets should have been involved with some promotion and advertising. Lets hope the quo adverts are not as non existent around the town. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 5:27pm
I've seen nitro circus on:
Scarlets website
Newspaper
Adverts across buses around carmarthenshire
Posters in Llanelli shopping centre,
Heard on radio

All on top of nitro circus social media etc.

Edited by PE SA - 20 June 2016 at 5:29pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 6:57pm
Pls show my these posters and leaflets I saw none and most I spoke to knew nothing of the event
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

They only sold tickets to one stand. 

The set up / ramps were set up for best view with only one stand in mind. 

Nitro Circus were very happy with sales night before the show in the pub. 

Top effort, there. Right place, right time 👍
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 8:40pm
I was told by many people it was a great show thoughBig smile
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 9:05pm
So you didn't go yourself then Roy , perhaps you are saving your money for the quo.
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Pls show my these posters and leaflets I saw none and most I spoke to knew nothing of the event

The advertising board in town centre, in the st elli centre, still up there today. If your there tomorrow, take a look!
Unfortunately, can't show you a bus, but a few driving round town nitro circus advertised across the back.
Scarlets website, on the left hand side of the home page leading upto event. This may now have changed to status quo now...not checked. the advertising board on the roundabout, close to Franky and bennies has now been taken down i think, didn't notice it earlier.

Again, scarlet fm been flat out advertising it...more or less every hour, heard it a number of times when in work.

Full page advert has been in newspapers, can't remember if it was the post or star!

Everything can be done better, but I don't think advertising for it has been poor.
But then Ive seen quite a bit for it...could be a that a number of people may not know exactly what nitro circus were all about? Spoke to a few people who thought it was a circus! So maybe some adverts been confused to some of the actual circus adverts that are around town!?
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2016 at 7:19pm
Posters still on the buses
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2016 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Posters still on the buses
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
BigRed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BigRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 3:16pm
To be honest why not congratulate the Scarlets on making money from the event no matter how many tickets were sold by renting out the facilities. 

Why do people have to bash them all the time? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic