Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halfpenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

How many is a couple?

I believe he made 3 from 5, which leaves 2...

Not exactly a couple.

I think a couple is defined as 2?
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 4:21pm
Apart from his first pen attempt and kamakaze tackle thought he was very good yesterday brave and every time he took ball he looked to run as he used to, beat quite a few players as well. Is going to be a great signing starting to fit in well with our style and looks like he's loving his rugby again. Hope he fit for Friday we need him.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 4:44pm
Well said Why, he's one of us now and need to support him. He's in the top 40 players in UK and Ireland. We need as many of those we can get.
Keep the faith
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

How many is a couple?

Not exactly a couple.

You can't get closer to a couple than 2!
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:03pm

Yesterday was definitely a mixed bag for him. His kicking was not great (comparing to his usual high standards). He had the classic HP attempted tackle which led to the try also and a knock on. But he did impress me like oneeyedturk said with his line for the try, very nice.

People may say some are overly critical of him, however when you are a big star international earning more than most in the squad you are going to expect performances matching that status and wage. If he can put it all together consistently I will be happy with him.

... but they are surely criticising him on the basis that he isn't Sanjay - which he was never going to be. It always makes sense to praise anyone for what they can do, and get them working on what they're not so good at... signs are that 1/2p is definitely improving as an attacking runner, but he isn't being given the chance to display the skill he's best at - kicking goals - because of a rather rigid approach by the coaches as to when to take a pot/when to go to the corners. Seems to me the coaches need to budge, slightly, in 1/2p's direction here.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:23pm
Apart from the missed kick in the first half and the missed tackle i thought he had a very good game. Best attacking game he has had with us.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:26pm
Didn't want to talk much after the game, he felt the missed kick from out wide cost us the game. You can say what you want, but he is for sure a pro.
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Didn't want to talk much after the game, he felt the missed kick from out wide cost us the game. You can say what you want, but he is for sure a pro.

I doubt we would have won if he had kicked it. They had a few kickable penalties towards the end of the game tran duc would have probably slotted over.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:31pm

How many is a couple?

it's hard when you have to explain,my son teaches that age group.LOL
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

How many is a couple?

Not exactly a couple.

You can't get closer to a couple than 2!

What about a brace? That's pretty close to a couple too. LOL
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:45pm
No, you're getting confused with a pair.

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:54pm
I prefer 2. A couple makes it sound like more.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:56pm

are you and your missus a couple or shouldn't we go there?Wink
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 6:52pm
I for one are happy Halfpenny is with us.

I'll put my hands up and say I was not that keen to sign him, but he is a true professional and has played well.

Seems to me a calming influence in the team

Edited by Dai38 - 16 October 2017 at 6:53pm
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 7:04pm
Let's be honest he's not at his best yet, but already there are signs of him getting used to our style. I was delighted he wasnt concussed yesterday because he will win a game for us soon with a pressure kick, it 'will' happen. Hopefully he is fit for what is a massive game on Friday.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 7:20pm

In what context is a couple anything other than 2?

A coupling literally means 2 pieces together.Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic